• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Score Reporting today:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ownership met Monday to discuss the future of GM Phil Emery and Coach Marc Trestman.
"sources" for Bores and Bernstein say that Trestman is likely gone... future of Emery is still being discussed.
It was a relatively short meeting and high majority agreed this was not fixable.

Well that was easy. Said in another thread that they need to get ducks in a row and act quickly. No 2 months of meetings and search firms. Get a plan together and get the guy that has NFL experience and is a known success. I don't care if it's offensive or defensive. I'm kinda liking the DC from Arizona or New England.
Younger guys that have had success. GO BEARS! < ugh it hard to write that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would have felt better if they met tuesday, not before that embarassment yesterday.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the short article:
(CBS) As scrutiny intensifies and the Bears have taken a downward spiral in a 5-9 season, members of the team’s ownership group met Monday night to discuss the future, 670 The Score’s Dan Bernstein reported Tuesday afternoon.
In what would come as no surprise to anyone, coach Marc Trestman is expected to be fired at season’s end, the source told Bernstein. The fate of general manager Phil Emery — who hired Trestman — remains unclear. His job status is “under discussion,” the source said.
George McCaskey is chairman of the Bears. No members of ownership have spoken publicly as the Bears have submitted one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history.
There’s much for ownership to consider. Chicago has regressed in Trestman’s second year after going 8-8 in 2013, and tight end Martellus Bennett admitted after a 31-15 loss to the Saints on Monday that some of his teammates are lacking passion.
The latest major drama came last week, when offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer admitted in a tearful apology to the offense that he’d made critical remarks about Jay Cutler to a national reporter. That was viewed as a major breach of trust and showcased the dysfunction in the locker room.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually think that they hire the right guy this time? I see another money saving hire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually think that they hire the right guy this time? I see another money saving hire.
Money saving??? When have we ever cared about money? Back when Halas ran the show. lol. Money is no issue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marc Trestman's contract was 4 years, 32 mil.

Not cheap.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is too short of a wish list, but I'd prefer if the next HC actually has some successful head coaching experience in the NFL.

SurferOnAcid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's reports that the Bears may go after Bill Polian and Tony Dungy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys feel a coach you desire may stay away due to Cutler? As a Lions fan I have seen many coaches always go elsewhere and stay away for various reasons. IMO if I am a past coach like Dungy I stay away.
I do agree with noonthirtyjoe Emery needs to go also.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys feel a coach you desire may stay away due to Cutler? As a Lions fan I have seen many coaches always go elsewhere and stay away for various reasons. IMO if I am a past coach like Dungy I stay away.

You make a great point, and really I don't know. If I were a coach I would think twice about it.

BTW, thank you for being classy. I hope the Lions kick the shit out of the Packers this Sunday. You guys deserve it!

:suds:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Stay away? No. Demand an extra million or two? Now you are getting warmer.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't for firing Trestman up until a few weeks ago, but I can't defend him anymore. I thought he was a good offensive mind with a shitty defensive staff, but the first part of that conclusion seems to be void. It's time for this team to clean house: No Trestman, Emery, Kromer, Tucker, and if we can find a way to exorcise Cutler, Houston, the entire secondary, and more, I say go for it. It is very clear this team, as is, is trending in the wrong direction, and we can't just sit around and watch a trainwreck.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't for firing Trestman up until a few weeks ago, but I can't defend him anymore. I thought he was a good offensive mind with a shitty defensive staff, but the first part of that conclusion seems to be void. It's time for this team to clean house: No Trestman, Emery, Kromer, Tucker, and if we can find a way to exorcise Cutler, Houston, the entire secondary, and more, I say go for it. It is very clear this team, as is, is trending in the wrong direction, and we can't just sit around and watch a trainwreck.

Probably need to clean house, yes, but they do have some talent on this team. They just need a coach who knows how to use it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably need to clean house, yes, but they do have some talent on this team. They just need a coach who knows how to use it.

The most talented guys (Forte, Marshall, Bennett) are gonna be over the hill by the time the defense gets good enough to compete at a high. Alshon obviously is a keeper, as is Kyle Long. None of the other OLs have played well-enough to warrant staying around. And I think our defensive personnel is catastrophically bad. I wish I thought it was all Tucker, but I see 2 above-average defenders on this team right now (Fuller and 29-year-old Willie Young). Paea, Allen, TJ, and Briggs (if he ever comes back to the Bears) aren't sieves. None of the other defenders belong on an NFL field.

So by my count, I have 3 total guys who I want to see on our roster in three years: Alshon, Long, and Fuller. I guess you can throw in Gould. When that's all you have, it is time for a rebuild.