• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Jets fire Gase

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewell projects to be a stud OT. I'm of the mind if you're keeping Darnold, why not draft some better protection for him?
This is my thoughht. I mentioned in another thread if you put Sewell and Becton on the same line, they instantly have two bulldozers out there and turn things aroubd the way Indy did. You might have to move one to guard but it's doable. Then get a stable of decent RBs and pound teams to give Darnold play action and protection. Get a coach with an actual game plan that can teach Darnold and the Jets are markedly better. Drafting Fields does nothing to address the teams underlying problems, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thoughht. I mentioned in another thread if you put Sewell and Becton on the same line, they instantly have two bulldozers out there and turn things aroubd the way Indy did. You might have to move one to guard but it's doable. Then get a stable of decent RBs and pound teams to give Darnold play action and protection. Get a coach with an actual game plan that can teach Darnold and the Jets are markedly better. Drafting Fields does nothing to address the teams underlying problems, imo.
Yeah and you can find a great RB in the 2nd or 3rd. If Etienne or Harris falls to the 2nd that would be a nice pickup. I'm thinking this is the way the Jets should go. Build up the OL, give Darnold one more year. They could even take a QB this draft just not in the 1st. Trask, Lance or Wilson could fall

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and you can find a great RB in the 2nd or 3rd. If Etienne or Harris falls to the 2nd that would be a nice pickup. I'm thinking this is the way the Jets should go. Build up the OL, give Darnold one more year. They could even take a QB this draft just not in the 1st. Trask, Lance or Wilson could fall
You don't even need to look that hard for a RB, Shane. The Seahawks got Chris Carson in the 6th rd. You just have to find guys that fit. But yeah, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rds , lots of guys out there. Pats have been plugging in no name backs for years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even need to look that hard for a RB, Shane. The Seahawks got Chris Carson in the 6th rd. You just have to find guys that fit. But yeah, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rds , lots of guys out there. Pats have been plugging in no name backs for years.
Of course, well Carson is pretty injury prone but you can find guys in the mid rounds is the point.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, well Carson is pretty injury prone but you can find guys in the mid rounds is the point.
The Jets actually have 2 1st-rounders, they'll be going again around #26. So if they were interested, could grab Etienne there, though I like Harris better. The mocks show some good wideouts available around there as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Carson gets hurt due to the style of his play but I only mentioned him because he has been very productive as a 6th rounder. I think all RBs are an injury waiting to happen and a teams best bet is to load up with cheap ones and just plug and play. A few exceptions like Henry, Chubb Barkley but even with them, you need extra guys. And I agree with you on the mid rounds, fwiw. Wasn't meaning to condradict that. I was more just saying GMs should just take a guy if he's there but don't go specifically looking.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Carson gets hurt due to the style of his play but I only mentioned him because he has been very productive as a 6th rounder. I think all RBs are an injury waiting to happen and a teams best bet is to load up with cheap ones and just plug and play. A few exceptions like Henry, Chubb Barkley but even with them, you need extra guys. And I agree with you on the mid rounds, fwiw. Wasn't meaning to condradict that. I was more just saying GMs should just take a guy if he's there but don't go specifically looking.

Exactly, with all the holes this team has, they need to draft BPA over and over. Taking a QB, unless they're a "generational talent" isn't going to magically fix anything. That stated, that entire organization needs a culture change in the worst way. Fire everyone in the FO and coaching staff, then hire an actual football GM and let him get the guys he wants to work with and go from there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets actually have 2 1st-rounders, they'll be going again around #26. So if they were interested, could grab Etienne there, though I like Harris better. The mocks show some good wideouts available around there as well.
Yeah the Jets need a whole lot but it seems like establish a run game behind an OL is the way to go. Go BPA and strengthening both lines would be smart. Then hopefully get lucky drafting a QB when they decide to.

I also like Harris more

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most likely will and should. Gase has made darnold worse

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gase playing himself right back into remaining HC going into 2021? Darnold? B2B wins against a 9-4 and 10-4 teams...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

/thread.

Zero chance he is the coach of the Jet's next year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy in NY said Jets fans will riot if they don't.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport report the Jets are "expected to part ways" with coach Adam Gase after Week 17.​

The Jets would be the laughing stock of all American sports if Gase kept his job even after stacking up two upset wins to close the season. Gase's tenure has led to few wins and many headaches with players. The Jets head coaching job has its pros -- cap space and draft capital -- but the Jets' ownership has a long track record of sloppy decision making. Pelissero and Rapoport report the Jets' head coach search will include NFL coordinators and college head coaches. Jets GM Joe Douglas "isn't going anywhere".

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jets fired coach Adam Gase.​

And so ends the biggest coaching fiasco in recent memory. The Jets went 9-23 in two years on Gase's watch by the grace of a pointless 6-2 2019 finish after the squad knocked itself out of playoff contention with a 1-7 start. The Jets gained the fewest yards in football each of Gase's years on the job in the Big Apple, becoming a laughingstock of truly epic proportions this season by starting 0-13 only to knock themselves out of contention for Clemson's Trevor Lawrence at No. 1 overall with a 2-1 finish that nobody, least of all Jets fans, wanted. Unable or unwilling to adjust or modernize his offense — the Jets have been where pre-snap motion and play-action go to die — Gase was as out of his depth as a play-caller as he was a locker room leader. As was the case in Miami, Jets players made zero progress under Gase only to improve as soon as they ended up elsewhere. Although he's only 42, Gase is going to have trouble finding NFL coordinator work after this historically-bad stint.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jets fired coach Adam Gase.​

And so ends the biggest coaching fiasco in recent memory. The Jets went 9-23 in two years on Gase's watch by the grace of a pointless 6-2 2019 finish after the squad knocked itself out of playoff contention with a 1-7 start. The Jets gained the fewest yards in football each of Gase's years on the job in the Big Apple, becoming a laughingstock of truly epic proportions this season by starting 0-13 only to knock themselves out of contention for Clemson's Trevor Lawrence at No. 1 overall with a 2-1 finish that nobody, least of all Jets fans, wanted. Unable or unwilling to adjust or modernize his offense — the Jets have been where pre-snap motion and play-action go to die — Gase was as out of his depth as a play-caller as he was a locker room leader. As was the case in Miami, Jets players made zero progress under Gase only to improve as soon as they ended up elsewhere. Although he's only 42, Gase is going to have trouble finding NFL coordinator work after this historically-bad stint.
Yet to some it was all Tanny's fault in Miami....