• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Roster Mashup

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confounded, bewildered and hopeful about the last minute free for all to get to 53 players. It's just really hard to imagine short term gain -by adding five waiver wire players - for QB, TE/FB, C/OG, CB/S and WR/Return man.

It's hilarious (in a sad way) that the Broncos think they can add a PS journey man at QB and do better than Kevin Hogan - who they trained for months to learn the offense and get in sync with the receivers and running backs. If its true in the long run - it is a crap shoot - since the Broncos are obviously guessing Allen can do the back up job - in the short term - no way can Allen go in in game 1 to replace an injured Flacco and do as well as Hogan could have at that point in time. If the vision is long term - what does that say about Lock coming back at mid-season?

I really do like Beck at TE - Beck can block, run and catch the ball. He is really an effective blocker - so I do see Beck contributing to the run game and the surprise pass game.

I think getting a professional return guy - who can also stretch the field with his speed - will certainly help the Broncos with overall field position. Someone posted a very nice video of Spencer's Bio in one of our early threads - I can root for Spencer's success.

Corey Levin - at least is a Center and has some experience. I don't see where the Broncos have had any contact with him before, but he does help at a position of need.

Devontae Harris - was signed as a FA, I guess. He has some speed and experience and always glad to see some help in the secondary.

I haven't seen the Broncos grab as many players and put them on the roster at this stage since the 60s.

There is a defining characteristic here - where this Broncos regime is willing to do anything to get an extra inch of edge in accomplishing its goals. I think though - you have to be suspect - that this kind of roster stuffing is not the best omen - for success this season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It points to bad drafts and zero depth. Not excited to bring in 7 new players . To watch Elway trout out Hogan since March SMH. Only Miami and Cardinals claimed more. Sad.

Last edited:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a positive. As long as the coaching staff is on board then I am good.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the roster adds are due to the struggles on special teams. Levin was a move to add an experienced player.

I think Allen is being given a chance to show what he can do, the best of Allen and Rypien will be on the PS once Lock is healthy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks we have weak depth but I will say I feel we did get a bit better the last few says with the moves we made. Obviously depth guys but I like the moves and could pay off down the line.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have U Texas athletics in my backyard - I see Longhorn worship down here as some kind of stupid cult, but Denver Bronco fandom to be rational.

So I don't generally follow the Horns, but Beck caught my eye in his career - he is a very good football player - and made a number of big plays for the Longhorns. I have a lot of respect for his blocking - both on the LOS and in the open field. Pro teams can always use a guy like this.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of Beck I think of a role player who helps you in multiple ways like Booker. He may never start in this league but he can last a long time. Players like Beck are more valueable as a 3rd TE then a one trick pony who can only catch passes. Those guys don’t help you unless a player above gets hurt. Beck fills a role as a reserve tight end in other ways and if needed to fill a bigger role at TE he can produce when called upon. You need people like Andrew Beck on your roster.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of Beck I think of a role player who helps you in multiple ways like Booker. He may never start in this league but he can last a long time. Players like Beck are more valueable as a 3rd TE then a one trick pony who can only catch passes. Those guys don’t help you unless a player above gets hurt. Beck fills a role as a reserve tight end in other ways and if needed to fill a bigger role at TE he can produce when called upon. You need people like Andrew Beck on your roster.

Yeah - that's what I just said in the post above yours. You're not as fast as you used to be - that happens to old people.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes me 30 minutes to type from my phone anymore. It aint easy getting old! One day you will understand.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is Fangio telling Elway the roster is just not good enough

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is related to Fangio's game of gaining - not losing by inches.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

curious why you think Fangio has to tell Elway anything. You think Elway is an idiot? That he can't see that there's glaring holes on this team? He's addressed it about as well as he can without calling out positions in particular and saying they suck, and we need someone new. That's neither good leadership or management.

Your weird bent that Elway is some sort of dolt that doesn't have a clue and needs a first year head coach to tell him what areas need work is ridiculous.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of these moves we did for Special teams. the rest was looked like position coaches and the Trade and Nelson looked like Elway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be honest I think it is sorta funny when people talk about our streak of undrafted players making our roster. Anymore in the NfL it is rare a team doesn’t have an undrafted rookie make a team. But we have had some long term impactful ones that a lot of teams haven’t. That is the bigger story of the two. :-)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confounded, bewildered and hopeful about the last minute free for all to get to 53 players. It's just really hard to imagine short term gain -by adding five waiver wire players - for QB, TE/FB, C/OG, CB/S and WR/Return man.

It's hilarious (in a sad way) that the Broncos think they can add a PS journey man at QB and do better than Kevin Hogan - who they trained for months to learn the offense and get in sync with the receivers and running backs. If its true in the long run - it is a crap shoot - since the Broncos are obviously guessing Allen can do the back up job - in the short term - no way can Allen go in in game 1 to replace an injured Flacco and do as well as Hogan could have at that point in time. If the vision is long term - what does that say about Lock coming back at mid-season?

I really do like Beck at TE - Beck can block, run and catch the ball. He is really an effective blocker - so I do see Beck contributing to the run game and the surprise pass game.

I think getting a professional return guy - who can also stretch the field with his speed - will certainly help the Broncos with overall field position. Someone posted a very nice video of Spencer's Bio in one of our early threads - I can root for Spencer's success.

Corey Levin - at least is a Center and has some experience. I don't see where the Broncos have had any contact with him before, but he does help at a position of need.

Devontae Harris - was signed as a FA, I guess. He has some speed and experience and always glad to see some help in the secondary.

I haven't seen the Broncos grab as many players and put them on the roster at this stage since the 60s.

There is a defining characteristic here - where this Broncos regime is willing to do anything to get an extra inch of edge in accomplishing its goals. I think though - you have to be suspect - that this kind of roster stuffing is not the best omen - for success this season.

Nice write up. And awesome title
We are in the same company as Cardinals and Dolphins when it comes to roster building

Last edited:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up. And awesome title
We are in the same company as Cardinals and Dolphins when it comes to roster building

Come on man........ We are not.

We have won an SB not all that long ago and we have a solid starting group those teams you speak of not so much.

If we were to stay healthy and not get any season-ending and normal amount of the missed game by players we should win enough games to make the play offs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CEH I get it your not happy with where we are but life is not perfect Elway has no crystal ball and he cannot tell for sure payers he drafts will be great at ST so please stop with Elway sucks we all have heard it and know that you are not happy.

Players we draft do not play ST they are starters in College.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco has had a recent back injury
Does anyone ever really get over back injuries?