• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rings Argument

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a legend in your own mind and you never came close to smacking me around. Keep trying to buildup your fragile ego. :D
Dude I got so tired of smaking you around I had to use all my internet time-outs to recover. I was smacking you around so hard I bruised your broke back mountain avi. That's the real reason you took it down.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I got so tired of smaking you around I had to use all my internet time-outs to recover. I was smacking you around so hard I bruised your broke back mountain avi. That's the real reason you took it down.
Keep dreaming.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like to make up arguments solely to argue. Care to point out where I've put the emphasis of Montana being 4-0 in the Super Bowl? I want an actual quote where simply winning SB's equals something. Not Montana playing well....not showing up in big games. Simply that winning SB's concludes something.....

Put up, or basically admit the fraud is none other than yourself.

Plays big in big games? (well except when he lost. I guess those aren't big enough)

And you're telling me the his Superbowl record doesn't count big for you? oh brother..

I have written any number of opinions on this thread about the importance of winning superbowls and what they mean. For Manning, for Brady, in general. It's not going to change. Of course they matter, they're not the only thing that matters. Not difficult.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plays big in big games? (well except when he lost. I guess those aren't big enough)

And you're telling me the his Superbowl record doesn't count big for you? oh brother..

I have written any number of opinions on this thread about the importance of winning superbowls and what they mean. For Manning, for Brady, in general. It's not going to change.

So...you can't find a quote? Thanks for admitting you are a fraud.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has more appearances and rings than Brady. Therefore, we can't refer to Championships. Look, it's the Hoop, I don't make the rules.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...you can't find a quote? Thanks for admitting you are a fraud.

The quotes are all there. If I find one quote does that make you an idiot? If I find you two does that make you a fool. I want something for my efforts.

Tell me again how Montana's Superbowls win don't mean anything to do.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they are in this thread. You know it and I know it. :D

Oh I'm sure there are....from admitted frauds such as yourself. I'll even help yah out. Here's by first post in this thread:

Just......stupid.

Rings themselves mean very little to me. How a player performs when the games get bigger, does matter.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure there are....from admitted frauds such as yourself. I'll even help yah out. Here's by first post in this thread:

Clearly the playoff games he lost weren't big enough then.. I get it now.. :nod:

what's an admitted fraud anyways?? I don't think that makes much sense.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has more appearances and rings than Brady. Therefore, we can't refer to Championships. Look, it's the Hoop, I don't make the rules.

I'm not saying don't refer to them. I'm just saying that it's kind of ridiculous to base your entire argument for them on that. When talking about the greatest players of a sport, you have to take in all factors. This is why Dan Marino is one of the top 10 GOAT's at QB.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's one

If you want to make the argument that looking solely at the rings is stupid, sure... But the rings do matter.

and another...

Without a doubt having another win will elevate his status. Years from now people will forget how.
He's a 1st ballot HOFer but the argument with him is how high up the GOAT of QBs he is. Now.. not so much, a 2nd ring will help in that discussion.

And more..

Jakology said:
It's just stupid to me

It is... but I'm sure it will make a difference. Not to the point of getting into the discussion for the top 3 QBs but top 5? Definitely maybe.

:thumb:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See. This doesn't make sense. Peyton has nothing to do with this run. He's basically playing like a handicapped Alex Smith. The Broncos are running the safest offense I've ever seen. Zero chances taken. They aren't going to even give Peyton the chance to throw INTs unless he just makes a poor decision. Yeah, he gets credit for managing the game and not making the mistake, but we normally give QB's shit for that don't we? That they aren't good enough to open it up and do it themselves? Why is it different when championships are involved? :noidea:

There is the big game measure.. It IS a factor. Manning really hasn't as well as someone with his accomplishments should have in those situations.

I have no doubt that if Denver wins today he'll have done something to earn credit, even if it's not screwing it up with an arm not strong enough to open a jar of pickles. Even a decent drive or so will add to his accomplishments.

If they win. . If they lose.. It's another story. That's just it works.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it works.

Oh I know. If the Broncos lose, Peyton will be trolled to all hell for his lack of championships and poor playoff record. Which is just pathetic and unfair.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's one

and another...

And more..

Congrats....now...you DO understand that since none of these quotes are from myself, you're still basically admitting that you are a fraud?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's one

and another...

And more..

What you fail to see is rings factor...they have to at the most important position in team sports.
They were never said to be the end all. case and point being Marino and P Manning. Most have them in the top 10 all time. You? Your just spitting into the wind cause your boy rates #2 to Montana and that bunches your shorts.

Reactions: GNG

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You? Your just spitting into the wind cause your boy rates #2 to Montana and that bunches your shorts.

I feel like the only people who still consider Montana greater than Brady are either Niner fans, or older close-minded fans who always pull the old,"Back in my day!" BS. Brady has accomplished a lot more with lesser talent.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats....now...you DO understand that since none of these quotes are from myself, you're still basically admitting that you are a fraud?

What point are you trying to make? That you never said rings are important? I'm not disputing that.

So what? You still are playing up Montana as a big game player, regardless of his overall playoff record but concentrating on this superbowl wins instead imo.

Whether you said or it not is immaterial.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point are you trying to make?.

Instead of making up arguments to counter and failing to back up your stupidity....why don't you just try READING exactly what I stated? My point has been made. It's crystal clear.