• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rings Argument

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the only people who still consider Montana greater than Brady are either Niner fans, or older close-minded fans who always pull the old,"Back in my day!" BS. Brady has accomplished a lot more with lesser talent.
yet I never once said back in anything. You're still mad cause you stated a stupid football statement and multiple football fans pointed it out. Your issue little attention seeker.

as to the bold....ironic you talk of close-minded fans. LOL, point that finger at others all you want.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet I never once said back in anything. You're still mad cause you stated a stupid football statement and multiple football fans pointed it out. Your issue little attention seeker.

as to the bold....ironic you talk of close-minded fans. LOL, point that finger at others all you want.

You think I'm mad? :pound::pound::pound: I'm not seeking attention. I could care less. Don't read my posts if you don't want to "give me attention." I hate Tom Brady to the ends of the earth and back. I could easily be close-minded and continue the narrative that he isn't that good and a system QB, but I don't. I admit that he has accomplished the most out of all QB's in history. So..:noidea:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, rings are rings. It's the multiple players that got the job done, every time. Heroes are overrated.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a moron thinks that a QB, rather than a team, can win any game, including a SB. :rolleyes2:
Morons that are brainwashed by ESPN. So Trent Dilfer is better then Marino. I would have loved to see Elway and Marino in there primes play in this era of football with defenses not allowing to touch anyone. Marino on those great 49ers teams would have gotten a ring. Montana had a great team and franchise as a whole.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons that are brainwashed by ESPN. So Trent Dilfer is better then Marino. I would have loved to see Elway and Marino in there primes play in this era of football with defenses not allowing to touch anyone. Marino on those great 49ers teams would have gotten a ring. Montana had a great team and franchise as a whole.
So did every other team that has won a SB. It's never been about one dude.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of making up arguments to counter and failing to back up your stupidity....why don't you just try READING exactly what I stated? My point has been made. It's crystal clear.
if you tout Montana's big game record without taking into account all his big games including playoffs (with their losses) than there is a disconnect between what you say and what you do...

And thats being a fraud...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you tout Montana's big game record without taking into account all his big games including playoffs (with their losses) than there is a disconnect between what you say and what you do...

And thats being a fraud...

The operative word being 'if.' The only disconnect here, is your invented arguments and the actual statements I have made. Here AGAIN was my first post:

Just......stupid.

Rings themselves mean very little to me. How a player performs when the games get bigger, does matter.

Do you think when I say 'when the games get bigger'...do yah think that maybe...just maybe I am including playoff games? Here is another quote of mine in this thread:

Agreed pretty much. I've felt that Montana was the best (given the guys that I've seen) because the bigger the game, the better HE played. Not always, but by and large.

Look...there is that 'bigger the game' reference, and note that I said that, in a nutshell that HE played better in the bigger games...not always but generally?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons like to make comparisons that fit thier agenda. Very political of you. No one is comparing Dilfer to Marino. Marino had MUCH better stats. But when the SB winning QBs have dinner, Marino gets to sit at the chilren's card table. You can't compare apples to oranges just to fit your objective. Now if players have similar careers, SB trophies certainley should be used to weigh the vote one way or another. Just like MVPs. Years ago I would've include Pro Bowl selections but now that's just a popularity show. GOAT is all subjective anyway. Marino, Kelley you pick the non SB winning QB and if he didn't have a team he wouldn't have the stats either. Dumb argument. Mariono in the HOF Dilfer not so much. That's what seperates a Dilfer from a Marino.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pull some Hoop logic here. Fuck debating. Only my opinion matters. Closing my mind to the bullshit.

Brady > Montana and anybody who disagrees is retarded. :D

End ridiculous Hoop style argument here.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pull some Hoop logic here. Fuck debating. Only my opinion matters. Closing my mind to the bullshit.

:surprised:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The operative word being 'if.' The only disconnect here, is your invented arguments and the actual statements I have made. Here AGAIN was my first post:

I don't think it's invented..

Do you think when I say 'when the games get bigger'...do yah think that maybe...just maybe I am including playoff games? Here is another quote of mine in this thread:

I don't think it's clear. I still have a hard time believing that you don't think his Superbowl wins aren't more significant because they're the Superbowl.

Look...there is that 'bigger the game' reference, and note that I said that, in a nutshell that HE played better in the bigger games...not always but generally?

All right.. I guess that's ok.. But only because you said generally. :D

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retarded is such a harsh word and not PC, mentally challenged sounds better

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons like to make comparisons that fit thier agenda. Very political of you. No one is comparing Dilfer to Marino. Marino had MUCH better stats. But when the SB winning QBs have dinner, Marino gets to sit at the chilren's card table. You can't compare apples to oranges just to fit your objective. Now if players have similar careers, SB trophies certainley should be used to weigh the vote one way or another. Just like MVPs. Years ago I would've include Pro Bowl selections but now that's just a popularity show. GOAT is all subjective anyway. Marino, Kelley you pick the non SB winning QB and if he didn't have a team he wouldn't have the stats either. Dumb argument. Mariono in the HOF Dilfer not so much. That's what seperates a Dilfer from a Marino.

First I don't know who Mariono is but I'm sure even on those great 49er teams he would have gotten a ring. Some QB's are in the rights spot at the right time with the right franchise. Are there any guarantees if Tom Brady was drafted by the Browns he would have the rings he has? What franchise you end up with does make a huge difference. Just common sense. I know Marino is great. Eye test and numbers in an era of real football tells me that. Peace out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I don't know who Mariono is but I'm sure even on those great 49er teams he would have gotten a ring. Some QB's are in the rights spot at the right time with the right franchise. Are there any guarantees if Tom Brady was drafted by the Browns he would have the rings he has? What franchise you end up with does make a huge difference. Just common sense. I know Marino is great. Eye test and numbers in an era of real football tells me that. Peace out.

Your right Malibu if Marino had a team like the"8"1 49's that only gave up 7 points a game, would win 1 there and prob a few more throwing to Rice and Clark and having Craig running it

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton winning another ring would definitely make his legacy even greater but if Cam loses, I can see that monkey growing on his back w/ the criticism of, "He can't win the big game" like McNabb... But if he wins, it would be huge for his legacy as it grows legs fast w/ a win...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a reverse Rings mentality. Those QBs who never won a Superbowl but STILL are considered one of the best of all time must have done a LOT to be considered so highly. i.e. Marino, Kelly? I'm sure there are more.