• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Zeke

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Second Circuit Court of Appeals has denied Ezekiel Elliott's motion for an injunction, immediately reinstating his six-game suspension.
Elliott has been "granted an expedited appeal of the larger case." His official appeal is still pending, but he's run out of legal maneuvers that would allow him to play while the Second Circuit considers his case. He is well and truly suspended for Week 10, and is eligible to return in Week 16 against the Seahawks. Alfred Morris will start and lead a committee against the Falcons. Rod Smith is expected to be the next man up, with Darren McFadden third. It's possible all three get a chance to establish the "hot hand.:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until he's not, which could change again lol
hes gone:suds:

The first hearing in Ezekiel Elliott's "expedited appeal" before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been set for Dec. 1.
In theory, it means Elliott could maybe have his ban overturned or delayed before it's through in Week 16, but the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos — who has been all over the case — believes it would be a "fast process for whole thing to be completed within the six weeks." Right now, Elliott seems likely to serve all six games before the Second Circuit can decide on the merits of his appeal. That, of course, would make any victory more symbolic than anything else

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes gone:suds:

The first hearing in Ezekiel Elliott's "expedited appeal" before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been set for Dec. 1.
In theory, it means Elliott could maybe have his ban overturned or delayed before it's through in Week 16, but the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos — who has been all over the case — believes it would be a "fast process for whole thing to be completed within the six weeks." Right now, Elliott seems likely to serve all six games before the Second Circuit can decide on the merits of his appeal. That, of course, would make any victory more symbolic than anything else
We are going to go through the reverse next month. Instead of waiting each week for news on whether or not Zeke is going to be suspended we are going to start waiting to see if this is the week he comes back. Would be kind of ironic if the suspension gets overturned in like week 5 or 6

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to go through the reverse next month. Instead of waiting each week for news on whether or not Zeke is going to be suspended we are going to start waiting to see if this is the week he comes back. Would be kind of ironic if the suspension gets overturned in like week 5 or 6
i believe u mean 15/16 but he will be back 16 anyways Only games this appeal effects is 14/15 which is nyg/oak not sure u even need him:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe u mean 15/16 but he will be back 16 anyways Only games this appeal effects is 14/15 which is nyg/oak not sure u even need him:suds:
Sorry meant would be ironic to have it reversed week 5 or 6 of the six week suspension, not week 5 or 6 of the season

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is done for the six games. If I am understanding things correctly the fact that he was denied the injunction means the courts do not believe he will win the appeal on the current merits.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is done for the six games. If I am understanding things correctly the fact that he was denied the injunction means the courts do not believe he will win the appeal on the current merits.
But it doesn't mean the believe he was suspended fairly and will look at it and give a ruling. There will be hell to pay if the courts deam the NFL was wrong. Elloitt wil sue for a whole hell of a lot more $$$$ than he loses, and Jerry will use that to kick Goodell to the curb.
If this is the case and Dallas still makes the playoffs I will say the whole damn thing was for the better.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson looks like he runs even more up-right than he did early in his career

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas goes on a losing stretch without Zeke(Including a home game against Philly)... Jones will be absolutely fit to be tied.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cardinals marching down the field due to penalties

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this sky-cam view makes it really apparent just how overmatched AZ's offensive line is vs. Seattle. . .

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dallas can get in the playoffs without Zeke... Zeke gonna be mad a ready to prove a point.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this drive should've been over 20 minutes ago

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it doesn't mean the believe he was suspended fairly and will look at it and give a ruling. There will be hell to pay if the courts deam the NFL was wrong. Elloitt wil sue for a whole hell of a lot more $$$$ than he loses, and Jerry will use that to kick Goodell to the curb.
If this is the case and Dallas still makes the playoffs I will say the whole damn thing was for the better.

And that is the thing. They will not be able to determine if it was fair or not. The appeal is not about guilt or innocence...fair or unfair. The appeal is if the NFL followed the rules of the CBA. In fact when the Texas judge issued his ruing he stated that it was not about guilt or innocence but "whether or not the discipline process was applied properly"

No judge is going to rule that a collectively bargained agreement was unfair. That would open pandora's box.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the thing. They will not be able to determine if it was fair or not. The appeal is not about guilt or innocence...fair or unfair. The appeal is if the NFL followed the rules of the CBA. In fact when the Texas judge issued his ruing he stated that it was not about guilt or innocence but "whether or not the discipline process was applied properly"

No judge is going to rule that a collectively bargained agreement was unfair. That would open pandora's box.
If all that is true, why are they even taking the case to be heard?
If it as cut and dried as your suggesting wouldn't the court say just go home, theres nothing to see here?