• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Zeke

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the very interesting thing is that back when the NFL announced the suspension it was before the season started. They thought they were being clever and were very specific that he would be suspended for 6 "regular-season games". In their own stupid way they thought they were above reproach and this would never drag out through the season and potentially drag into the post season.

The NFL came out today and said that he would be suspended for playoff games too, but I can guaran-damn-tee you that will be fought in court as well. The suspension statement, signed by all those jackasses in the NFL headquarters clearly said regular-season games.

Goodell once again can't get out of his own fucking way. In his quest to be the largest dickhole in the world he once again trips himself up.

Thats interesting. It would be weird if he was suspended yet got to play in the playoffs. It does make sense that he would be suspended for the playoffs but after all this nonsense its hard to really know whats fair and what isnt. Or what if he was suspended weeks 15, 16, 17, the WC round, the divisional round, the NFC Championship then got to come back for the SB. Wouldnt that be crazy... and Im sure you'd take it! :)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize his susp was only regular season.
It's most likely not, but the initial suspension did say "Regular Season" games.
Word is if the suspension is in effect for this post season Elliott will try to force the NFL to abide by those words.
I think this whole thing will be shelved until next season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's most likely not, but the initial suspension did say "Regular Season" games.
Word is if the suspension is in effect for this post season Elliott will try to force the NFL to abide by those words.
I think this whole thing will be shelved until next season.

If the report says "regular season" then yes that's what it should only be and Zeke should win that battle. I too think this gets shelved until the off season but we all know the NFL FO is hell bent on winning these battles.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely he will sit the last 6 games and come back for the postseason if they make it. Based on the CBA and it is clear....if there is not enough games in the regular season for the suspension it will carry over in the post season. Sure....they can argue language but the problem with that is it is clear in the CBA on suspensions carrying over in the playoffs.

In any case it is all a moot point.....this next ruling will determine if he serves the suspension this season or next. He loses here I believe his only alternative is the U.S. Supreme Court and I doubt they will even consider it before the suspension is served. If he wins....same thing for the NFL. The Supreme Court is not going to expedite this.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Hearing is over after 35 minutes. No decision issued yet; no clear timeline given.
  • Judge Droney asked NFL reps to concede Elliott would suffer more harm now 8 games in & w/ playoffs nearing than at start of season.
  • NFL lawyer: even if judges side with Elliott on irreparable harm, they must take into account Elliott doesn't satisfy likelihood of success
  • Judges asked NFLPA what difference it would have made to have Elliott's accuser testify at arbitration hearing.
  • Judges: what was sinister about Goodell meeting with 1 investigator & not the other? (Friel instead of Roberts).
  • NFLPA contends the four independent advisors never knew investigator Kia Roberts' doubts about credibility if accuser.
  • Judges asked if NFL investigators found credibility issues with accuser, how can they suspend Elliott on "credible evidence" standard?
  • NFL responded that the credibility issues were about two of the five alleged incidents & Elliott was not punished for those.
  • It obviously went very quickly. Small crowd gathering at courthouse steps waiting for Elliott to leave.
  • Judge Jacobs asked NFL reps: it was a 14-month investigation, it seems odd you can't wait a couple more months (to enforce suspension)?

And... Injunction denied.

Bye Zeke.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspension back on.... For now... Til tomorrow or some shit lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game-over-gif-8916-9277-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to the point where they are going to miss him when it matters most, over the second half of the season, as they try to make a playoff run.