• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Zeke

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be interesting because I'm not sure if we've ever seen a player docked 6 games for an offense w/o ANY HARD evidence.

Given the league has created this hard line stance...I guess they felt they couldn't wimp out and go with nothing and have another Rice video on their hands 6 mos from now so they are swinging for the fences on this one.

I don't expect it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a defamation lawsuit if he sits 6 games.

But had no issue giving Josh Brown 1 game even with a charge, a conviction, and a confession. :L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. We are assuming that there is no hard evidence. No one knows what the NFL has.

There will be no defamation suit. The NFL is not making a claim that he is this or that type of person. They are suspending him based on the CBA and the rules of that do not require the same amount of proof as a criminal investigation.

They clearly suspended him for domestic abuse which impacts his current and future earnings.

There will be a lawsuit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke doesn't walk on water.

The 3 guys covering for him will be fine enough and we may learn something about the other Smith brother.

If Dez can play, the committee of backs will suffice.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke doesn't walk on water.

The 3 guys covering for him will be fine enough and we may learn something about the other Smith brother.

If Dez can play, the committee of backs will suffice.

Tyron is actually the questionmark that worries me the most.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They clearly suspended him for domestic abuse which impacts his current and future earnings.

There will be a lawsuit.

And he will lose. As a member of the Union he is bound by the CBA. He can claim defamation all he wants but based on the retarded CBA they agreed to he can sneeze wrong and get punished and there is nothing he can do about it.

The NFL is not claiming he is a domestic abuser. He is being suspended for domestic violence incidents that he played a part in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he will lose. As a member of the Union he is bound by the CBA. He can claim defamation all he wants but based on the retarded CBA they agreed to he can sneeze wrong and get punished and there is nothing he can do about it.

The NFL is not claiming he is a domestic abuser. He is being suspended for domestic violence incidents that he played a part in.

The CBA guaranteed a fair and honest hearing. That has already been proven to not have been provided by the fact that Goodell didn't allow his investigator which was recommending no suspension to attend the initial judgement. The NFL's own investigation said "no domestic abuse" then they suspended him for domestic abuse.

Like I said, there will be a lawsuit and the NFL will lose.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lawsuit won't be whether the NFL can suspend. That has been proven. But the process wasn't followed as outlined by the CBA.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lawsuit won't be whether the NFL can suspend. That has been proven. But the process wasn't followed as outlined by the CBA.

And he is going to lose that. The judge already ruled that the process was followed when the injunction was denied. He was given a temporary injunction by the 2nd court of appeals until they heard the arguments. They denied the injunction which is why he will be suspended 4 games before the hearing because based on the merits he is not likely to succeed. He will serve all 6 games.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. We are assuming that there is no hard evidence. No one knows what the NFL has.

There will be no defamation suit. The NFL is not making a claim that he is this or that type of person. They are suspending him based on the CBA and the rules of that do not require the same amount of proof as a criminal investigation.

Wow......... the league's head investigator recommended no suspension. Safe to assume they don't have much.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Just found out there are affidavits about her bruises that she was in a fight and lost with another girl that Zeke was dating.

She told everyone she was going to press charges against Zeke for a fight he wasn't even there for.......and multiple witnesses testified.

From everything I've read, the NFL's case is all but nonexistant. From the very beginning this was a complete political ploy.

They don't care about Zeke, or even DV. They care about the league's image, so they decided to nail Zeke to the proverbial cross to make a point. But it's becoming more and more clear they don't have ANYTHING on him.

I'm going to say I doubt there is ANY truth to any part of Zeke touching that girl. The more removed from this we get, the more we find out the true lack of any evidence whatsoever.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't stat facts to PG, he doing his best to will some solid proof of DV here.

Come on guys you are smarter than that. 5 seperate incidents he was involved in. I get you guys are big homers and can't accept the suspension. I have already gone on record as saying that I thought the suspension was too long. You Cowboys fans only seem to accept certain facts and ignore others and then have the audacity to accuse others of it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire thing.

The have testimony from security at the bar where the fight occurred, as well as her friend testifying that she got bruised from the fight.

I have YET to see ANY evidence that indicates Zeke ever laid a hand on her.

HOWEVER......apparently she was pregnant with twins at one point and he did her fairly dirty. She lost one and had to abort the other........I'm pretty sure she was pissed from that incident and looked to get even from then on

https://deadspin.com/heres-the-nfls-investigative-report-on-ezekiel-elliott-1798689151

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys you are smarter than that. 5 seperate incidents he was involved in. I get you guys are big homers and can't accept the suspension. I have already gone on record as saying that I thought the suspension was too long. You Cowboys fans only seem to accept certain facts and ignore others and then have the audacity to accuse others of it.

5 made up incidents from a woman that has been proven to have lied about it. There is no proof or evidence there were 5 incidents......hell there isn't evidence there was even ONE incident.

The suspension only bothers me because it's overreach. If we had video, if we had ONE person backing her claims.......then there would be some credence. But right now the entire case is that SHE claims this happened.......that's it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......... the league's head investigator recommended no suspension. Safe to assume they don't have much.

She recommended no suspension based on credibility concerns of the accuser not because there was no evidence.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire thing.

The have testimony from security at the bar where the fight occurred, as well as her friend testifying that she got bruised from the fight.

I have YET to see ANY evidence that indicates Zeke ever laid a hand on her.

HOWEVER......apparently she was pregnant with twins at one point and he did her fairly dirty. She lost one and had to abort the other........I'm pretty sure she was pissed from that incident and looked to get even from then on

https://deadspin.com/heres-the-nfls-investigative-report-on-ezekiel-elliott-1798689151

You are citing Deadspin? ROTFLMAO