• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Jeff Banister! Pirates at Rangers 04/30-05/01

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are in favor of trading Minor. Pence, Cabrera and Choo as well?

Yes if the return is good but I don't think they will trade Minor

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is his contract that keeps him in the lineup.

They have to be able to sign guys without letting that force the guy into the lineup for the life of the contract. That is a poor way to run a team.

I always think of the coach from the movie “Remember the titans”.

“ I’m not going to cook them up and eat them, the best player will play. Regardless of skin color”

If I was woodward, I wouldn’t be too happy with the front office because at the end of the day, his job is to go out there and win games. Being forced to put some joker out there in the #2 hole whose hitting .145 severely limits his ability to do what the organization supposedly brought him in to do.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, do you think it would be a mistake not to trade Minor?
I answered the question. If the return is good. Why don't you you answer the Profar question?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“ I’m not going to cook them up and eat them, the best player will play. Regardless of skin color”

If I was woodward, I wouldn’t be too happy with the front office because at the end of the day, his job is to go out there and win games. Being forced to put some joker out there in the #2 hole whose hitting .145 severely limits his ability to do what the organization supposedly brought him in to do.
Maybe Woodward is calling the shots. Assumptions get you in trouble

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woody had the option to PH Santana

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered the question. If the return is good. Why don't you you answer the Profar question?
Iis what you are saying, if they trade him you will agree that the trade is good and use the return to justify the trade, but if they don't trade him, you will say it was due to lack of a good return? In other words, they have a built in excuse from you either way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Woodward is calling the shots. Assumptions get you in trouble
Whether you think Woodward or JD, or some combination is calling the shots, it is an assumption either way isn't it?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iis what you are saying, if they trade him you will agree that the trade is good and use the return to justify the trade, but if they don't trade him, you will say it was due to lack of a good return? In other words, they have a built in excuse from you either way.

Not sure you understand what I think or where I come from.

I shoot ptetty straight up and you try to bait me with these what ifs.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you think Woodward or JD, or some combination is calling the shots, it is an assumption either way isn't it?

I make no assumption. I really don't know but in days gone by managers make out the lineups and FO pay the players

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the trade of Profar a good trade?
No, but only because I am saying they should have signed him long term. I see the trade as part of a bigger package.

Will the trade turn out to benefit the Rangers in the long run? It is way too early to tell.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you understand what I think or where I come from.

I shoot ptetty straight up and you try to bait me with these what ifs.
Not trying to bait you. I am just telling you that you come across as giving management excuses no matter what they do. If they trade Profar based on his upcoming FA and the window you say it was necessary. You refuse to say it is necessary to trade Minor before it happens even though FA and window are just as relevant with him as it was Profar.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand a pitcher will give up a HR but that crap in LF just now is not easy to understand.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pirates have lost 8 games in a row.

I’m not surprised Chavez is the guy they scored on in extra innings, He’s been giving it up way more than a Thai hooker ever would.