• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The return of Jeff Banister! Pirates at Rangers 04/30-05/01

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maness had an awful 7th inning, but I am really surprised they let him pitch that long with him only having one other start the past 5 or 6 seasons.

Maybe they have orders from the big club to try and stretch him out.

Our pitching is in shambles right now.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people will roll there eyes or think it’s stupid, but my disdain for Jeff Banister really hurt my interest in the team. It felt like we were a chicken running around with it’s head cut off.

I have a lot of faith in woodward already. He’s made some good moves that helped us win some games and he’s also made some questionable moves that made us lose.

It probably takes a season or two to get the hang of big league managing and he also has to learn about his roster and what they’re capable of at the same time.

I can tell that he brought the LA dodger hitting style with him tho and it’s helped a lot of our hitters, especially gallo.

I have ranger fever again even tho I know we’re not likely to compete. I guess I felt like we had no hope with Banny and his 1960’s style managing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people will roll there eyes or think it’s stupid, but my disdain for Jeff Banister really hurt my interest in the team. It felt like we were a chicken running around with it’s head cut off.

I have a lot of faith in woodward already. He’s made some good moves that helped us win some games and he’s also made some questionable moves that made us lose.

It probably takes a season or two to get the hang of big league managing and he also has to learn about his roster and what they’re capable of at the same time.

I can tell that he brought the LA dodger hitting style with him tho and it’s helped a lot of our hitters, especially gallo.

I have ranger fever again even tho I know we’re not likely to compete. I guess I felt like we had no hope with Banny and his 1960’s style managing.

Just curious.........where were you in 1960?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine anyone disagreeing with ya on this one.

But frankly, I think our pitching problems are going to get worse - maybe much worse - before they get better. I mean, numerous times each week we have a starter who goes about 4 innings. So if our starter can't do any better than this, and our BP sucks, plus now they run the chance of being totally abused, well, I just see some bad days & nights ahead.

They will be much worse by mid-sumer

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill say this after one month

The team is a lot more fun to watch then I expected coming into the season.

You are going to be extremely disappointed by June

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice series fellas, thanks for the hospitality :suds:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This encouraging news from Scott Lucas:

"Mike Matuella has four straight scoreless, hitless outings, including three occurring late in close games. As I've mentioned, minor league relievers pitch on a semi-regular schedule. Matuella is pitching every third day lately, so the high-leverage usage is mostly luck. Still, he's getting the chance to pitch with the game on the line and performing well."

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.