• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT Kings at Rangers | 10/7 | 1pm ET | on Versus

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I'll be at work while the game is on. I don't know how much chatter will be taking place on this thread with the huge fan-base these two teams have on SportsHoopla...:L

but since we last met the New York Rangers...

IN: New York doesn't make a splash in the free agent pool: they cannonball. July 1st megaloprize Brad Richards was not swayed by LA's promotional video, though he said the production values were very high. His reunion with coach Tortorella gives the Rangers the #1 center they have long sought. Mike Rupp was signed to a 3 year deal away from the Penguins. Highly-rated defense prospect Tim Erixon was acquired from the Flames after some controversy; his dad, an ex-Ranger himself, might have had a leeetle bit to do with that. Jeff Woywitka was claimed from Montreal yesterday to shore up their defense.

OUT: Alexander Frolov, Vinny Prospal, Bryan McCabe, Matt Gilroy

WAIVED: Sean "Turtle-eyed fashionista" Avery; Brendan Bell; Stu Bickel; Dale Weise (claimed by Vancouver)

RETIRED: Chris Drury

IN MEMORIAM: Derek Boogaard

Rangers lineup at a recent practice:

Dubinsky - B. Richards - Gaborik
Fedotenko - Anisimov - Callahan
Wolski - Stepan - Zuccarello
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

McDonagh-Girardi
Del Zotto-Sauer
Erixon-Eminger

In net: Henrik Lundqvist

*Dubinsky and Fedotenko swapped places after spending the preseason on different lines.

*Top defenseman Marc Staal is on injured reserve (concussion headaches), wreaking havoc on the usual pairings. Sauer has been out with a shoulder sprain, but is expected to play. It is not known when Jeff Woywitka will join the team. Tim Erixon was recalled on Wednesday, and looks set to play in Stockholm.

Kings' probable lineup:

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Richardson-Richards-Brown
Parse-Stoll-Hunter
Clifford-Lewis-Moreau

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene

In net: Jonathan Quick

As for the Kings, there's still a damn lot for them to work on: between the split-squad games and the long looks given to NHL-ready prospects like Voynov and Loktionov, the final power play units have not had much time to work together. Jarret Stoll is the new Handzus. The forward lines need to gel. Long-haired rich guy Drew Doughty is still getting up to speed. Penner has a mysterious lower body/possible man-Spanx-inflicted injury, which the Edmonton Journal is sure to investigate soon. At their "home" game in Stockholm, everyone will be rooting for Lundqvist. To top it all off, LA officially has the most grueling travel schedule in the NHL.

But who cares? There's nothing left to do but lace up the skates and figure it all out.

Hockey is back! Woohoo!
shakasmile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to get some of this game and let me just say...

Go Kings Go!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah man! So excited to get this season started. But, I do have reservations about the Kings ability to start strong. I say this again, there area a lot of new faces and will take some time to gel, particularly offensively. If they can stay above .500 the first 20 games of the season, i think they will be OK. They will really have to turn it on after that, because there just isnt much room for error in the West. VAN, SJ, DET, CHI, NSH, ANA are more likely than not in again. STL should be better and will make a run. CAL was hot the last part of the season. MIN could be a challenge. CLB just cant seem to get it together. PHX lost some major pieces. EDM/COL will be bottom dwellers.

GO KINGS GO!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I'll be at work while the game is on. I don't know how much chatter will be taking place on this thread with the huge fan-base these two teams have on SportsHoopla...:L

I <3 teh Kings (as long as they're not playing my Sharks) as a "second team" type of thing, so I'll root them on for you! :p

I'm also working from home (here in LA) today, so I'll turn the game on in the background and watch a little bit...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I <3 teh Kings (as long as they're not playing my Sharks) as a "second team" type of thing, so I'll root them on for you! :p

I'm also working from home (here in LA) today, so I'll turn the game on in the background and watch a little bit...

I wouldn't have said that... :sly:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have said that... :sly:

Hah! I think I'll be able to handle it.. :p

Bad turnover by the Rangers and Kopitar scores. 1-0 Kings.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mm callahan on a weak one

the kings look real good, aside from quick.. he looks kinda all over the place to me (and the goal was soft)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Quick pulled a Luongo on that one... 1-1.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings dominate the first period, but Quick falls asleep for a few seconds and it's a 1-1 game. Kings' forwards swarming on offense and their D looks great.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be losing my mind because I'm agreeing with Pierre re Martinez and Milbury re Zuc's "hit."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be losing my mind because I'm agreeing with Pierre re Martinez and Milbury re Zuc's "hit."

Glad someone else saw that. What a ridiculous rant.

Bless Keith Jones for having a reasonable, well-stated position and having to put up with Milbury this season.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad someone else saw that. What a ridiculous rant.

Bless Keith Jones for having a reasonable, well-stated position and having to put up with Milbury this season.

Yeah, raising his voice like he does makes him sound like a child. That said I still don't believe the hit was that bad.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, raising his voice like he does makes him sound like a child. That said I still don't believe the hit was that bad.

I'm not sure if it was a suspendable hit (and it was at low speed/force), but he's ranting about it like the new discipline policy is ridiculous and out of control when it's finally reasonable and well explained. Not to mention no action has even been taken. Plus, comparing the danger of hit from behind into the boards and a little jab/facewash is just silly. He also said the player was 12 feet from the boards, when he was only one. I just can't stand the way Milbury talks.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it was a suspendable hit (and it was at low speed/force), but he's ranting about it like the new discipline policy is ridiculous and out of control when it's finally reasonable and well explained. Not to mention no action has even been taken. Plus, comparing the danger of hit from behind into the boards and a little jab/facewash is just silly. He also said the player was 12 feet from the boards, when he was only one. I just can't stand the way Milbury talks.

It's not like they couldn't just replace him and never lose a step, either. There can't be that much demand to hear Milbury rant unless it's just for the lulz. He's just a goof.