• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ravens stole the Patriots trick play John Harbaugh complained about last year

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch the ineligible lineman lined up in the slot who drops back.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jack Del Rio run out on to the field and cry to the refs and then get called for a penalty like a little bitch?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh - "Can any of our wide receivers throw a pass? I just came up with something totally original I want to try"

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flacco or harbaugh should be suspended for 4 games, the ravens fined 2 picks and a million bucks. this needs to go to court!

Last January:
"It's not fair to try and deceive the other team! They should tell us what play they are about to run."

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They adjusted the rule to not allow an ineligible receiver outside of the tackle box. Did this happen here? If not that was the issue with that formation as it was too difficult for the D to set up in time. Hard to see on your replay but if the ineligible receiver was outside of the tackle box then the refs F'd up.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They adjusted the rule to not allow an ineligible receiver outside of the tackle box. Did this happen here? If not that was the issue with that formation as it was too difficult for the D to set up in time. Hard to see on your replay but if the ineligible receiver was outside of the tackle box then the refs F'd up.

Just curious, are you tuning in this weekend to watch a real team show how to beat the lowly Jags?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, are you tuning in this weekend to watch a real team show how to beat the lowly Jags?
To be honest the jags tried to give the game away but the Fins seem to be lost this year. This weekend will tell us all what we need to know about the bills and Fins. Fins lose and Philbin is done....

As per the pats I'm not sure how teams don't just double gronk and put their best cover guy on edelman. It just blows my mind...instead the steelers leave gronk wide open genious!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest the jags tried to give the game away but the Fins seem to be lost this year. This weekend will tell us all what we need to know about the bills and Fins. Fins lose and Philbin is done....

As per the pats I'm not sure how teams don't just double gronk and put their best cover guy on edelman. It just blows my mind...instead the steelers leave gronk wide open genious!

Because then they'll jsut throw to Amendola/Lewis/Dobson/Chandler/Hoohoomunawanuey?/et al

Just not that simple.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it breaks the unwritten rules of football.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because then they'll jsut throw to Amendola/Lewis/Dobson/Chandler/Hoohoomunawanuey?/et al

Just not that simple.
So you just give up 40 and let those two run wild? No way I make brady go where he doesn't want to go. If those other tools beat you then so be it but I wouldn't concede. Very surprised rex didn't have a better plan for this....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it breaks the unwritten rules of football.
I think that the rule change was necessary as the D needs to know who to cover and have enough time to get their players in position. Otherwise the game of football would be who can run out their ineligible players quicker. The refs can't even keep up with it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just give up 40 and let those two run wild? No way I make brady go where he doesn't want to go. If those other tools beat you then so be it but I wouldn't concede. Very surprised rex didn't have a better plan for this....

Nobody does, especially when they get in the red zone and go to a four TE set. It's virtually unstoppable. The defense is forced to send in a jumbo package to defend the run, but are caught in the trap when two or three TE's then shift out.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the rule change was necessary as the D needs to know who to cover and have enough time to get their players in position. Otherwise the game of football would be who can run out their ineligible players quicker. The refs can't even keep up with it.

Wrong again. the refs kept up just fine. In fact they even announced on one play over the PA system who was ineligible and Not To Cover Him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody does, especially when they get in the red zone and go to a four TE set. It's virtually unstoppable. The defense is forced to send in a jumbo package to defend the run, but are caught in the trap when two or three TE's then shift out.
I'm not worried about your 3-4 TE regular LB's can cover those guys but I would double gronk all game. Agile LB at the line to bump him with a safety over top...all game even in the redzone. Edelman I put my top cover guy on and at least limit him.

I'm not saying leave the other guys open but none of them have proven to beat 1-1 consistently so who cares if they beat you then they deserve it. At least you are taking brady out of his 1st two reads....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. the refs kept up just fine. In fact they even announced on one play over the PA system who was ineligible and Not To Cover Him.
It still wasn't good enough. I can't believe you are fighting against a necessary rule change that actually happened for this reason. They didn't change it because harbough cried they did it because it wasn't allowing the D to set up properly and was ruining the game. Put a TE at WR fine as you know he's eligible but the shell game isn't football....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about your 3-4 TE regular LB's can cover those guys but I would double gronk all game. Agile LB at the line to bump him with a safety over top...all game even in the redzone. Edelman I put my top cover guy on and at least limit him.

I'm not saying leave the other guys open but none of them have proven to beat 1-1 consistently so who cares if they beat you then they deserve it. At least you are taking brady out of his 1st two reads....

A lot more complicated than that, and it hasn't been stopped yet.