• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers visit Tigerland for 4.....7/5-8th

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people think I’m biased for Profar, but I looked up his stats and he went hitless in 8 of his first 12 games as a “regular”. You could chalk that week and half up to him getting used to things.

He has done better since then..... in reality I think he’s more of a .270 or .280 hitter.

I’ll be disappointed if we move him, I like him better than odor and this team is sorely lacking guys who hit for average, have a good approach at the plate, and get on base.

I’m not counting Choo in there because hopefully he won’t be a ranger in a few weeks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good throw there by IKF

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo would be an idiot if he is not trying to improve his avg and contact with 2 strikes on him. He is playing for a contract at some point. That has to motivate. Just because it is not apparent to the board does not mean he is not trying to initiate changes

The comparison re Buxton is very relevant. There have been big expectations and perception necause of that is a factor

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also suck if deshields is traded.

He’s made great strides.

The ones I want to keep : Profar, Elvis, deshields, Beltre ( because he wants to stay)

Wouldn’t mind seeing a trade : Choo, kela, hamels

No use keeping good bullpen pieces if you’re not a contender.

Take the prospects.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value behind Mike Minor's innings, and the Rangers' quest to discover 'gold'

On Wednesday, Minor pitched six innings in the Rangers' 5-4 10-inning loss to Houston. Though he started the game sharp, he could not hold an early four run lead.

It brought him to 91 innings for the season. By the All-Star break in 10 days, he will be pushing 100. It is not a terribly burdensome number by any stretch. It's nowhere close to his career high of 204. But he's pitched more innings than he did a year ago when he worked exclusively out of Kansas City's bullpen. And that 204-inning season: Five years ago before the tendinitis and the labrum tear that cost him two seasons.

Now: He's essentially a different person.

"Right now, I'm not really looking [at his total innings]," manager Jeff Banister said. "It's more how he gets through them than the amount. I'm sure there will come a time where we will look strong at the overall number, but to tell you whether that's 120, 130, 150 or whatever, I don't know. I think he will let us know where he is at. He feels strong. He feels good. I think we've done a pretty good job of managing the overall amount of innings and his off days."

When the Rangers signed Minor over the winter and decided to move him back to the rotation, they knew there would be limitations this year. And their eyes are more on 2020, the last year of his three year contract, than this season.

Minor pitched 77.1 innings last year in his return. Typically, managers are willing to jump a pitcher about 25-30 innings over the previous season or a benchmark season in his recent past. The problem, of course, there is no recent benchmark season. Everything is relatively ancient history.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also suck if deshields is traded.

He’s made great strides.

The ones I want to keep : Profar, Elvis, deshields, Beltre ( because he wants to stay)

Wouldn’t mind seeing a trade : Choo, kela, hamels

No use keeping good bullpen pieces if you’re not a contender.

Take the prospects.
The great strides he has made makes his trade value higher though. It is the old Catch-22 of they are not good enough to be traded until they are too good to be traded.

The reason I would be willing to trade DeShields is because we have several CF prospects within 2-3 years of being ready. It isn't like we have only one CF prospect and we have to put all of our eggs in that basket should we trade DeShields. Being willing to trade him and wanting to see him gone are two different things though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo would be an idiot if he is not trying to improve his avg and contact with 2 strikes on him. He is playing for a contract at some point. That has to motivate. Just because it is not apparent to the board does not mean he is not trying to initiate changes

The comparison re Buxton is very relevant. There have been big expectations and perception necause of that is a factor
One would think such changes would be evident.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang rain delay

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great strides he has made makes his trade value higher though. It is the old Catch-22 of they are not good enough to be traded until they are too good to be traded.

The reason I would be willing to trade DeShields is because we have several CF prospects within 2-3 years of being ready. It isn't like we have only one CF prospect and we have to put all of our eggs in that basket should we trade DeShields. Being willing to trade him and wanting to see him gone are two different things though.

That’s a good point, but we have several assets that clearly fall into the “needs to be traded” category.

I think most ranger fans who follow the team closely like we all do on this board would be disappointed if Choo and hamels are still on this team in August.

Deal Choo and hamels....... get a decent return and I’d consider the July trade deadline a success.

Keep the team young and the payroll cheap.

I think Profar and deshields are both good young assets that need to be retained during this particular trade deadline.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a good point, but we have several assets that clearly fall into the “needs to be traded” category.

I think most ranger fans who follow the team closely like we all do on this board would be disappointed if Choo and hamels are still on this team in August.

Deal Choo and hamels....... get a decent return and I’d consider the July trade deadline a success.
I will be disappointed if Beltre is as well. With the Donaldson injury, Beltre will be even more valuable than everyone thought a few weeks back so let's take advantage and help ourselves anyway we can. That is my take on it. We have a long road to WS contention and we need all the assistance we can get via trades.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would think such changes would be evident.

First AB he laid off one high in zone. He has stated he does not want to to HR derby presumably not to be locked into only a HR swing. I don't have all the answers but try not to presume too much. Hoepfuat the break he is looking at things and tweaking a bit more

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be disappointed if Beltre is as well. With the Donaldson injury, Beltre will be even more valuable than everyone thought a few weeks back so let's take advantage and help ourselves anyway we can. That is my take on it. We have a long road to WS contention and we need all the assistance we can get via trades.

Rosenthal thinks it may be tougher to move Beltre than we think

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might be wrong, or maybe I’m just believing the bullshit, but I sense that Beltre doesn’t want to be traded and he wants to be on this team next year.