• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers visit Tigerland for 4.....7/5-8th

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is yet to be determined what it is - besides a temporarily charmed life - for Carlos Tocci.

The Rangers grabbed Tocci, who had been in the Philadelphia organization last fall, and they've twisted themselves into yet unnamed yoga positions to try to keep him. He was not one of the 25 best players in spring training, but he remained. When Yohander Mendez recently broke a very loosely-enforced curfew, he got sent to the minors; Tocci, who was with him, got a fine. Most recently, the Rangers optioned a perfectly good and useful reliever, Chris Martin, to keep Tocci on the roster.

He has remained despite an .069 batting average, no extra base hits, no stolen bases, one near game-ending baserunning blunder as a pinch runner and without carving out any kind of role.

The free ride is coming to an end, though.

On Saturday, he will have 60 days of active service time and if the slightest of injuries come up, he can be placed on the DL and really left there until September 1 when he'd be recalled to ensure he finishes the year having spent the full season on the major league roster and with at least 90 days active. Doing so means he would become Rangers' "property." Next season, he could be sent to the minors on option. He could, theoretically, end up being forgotten about.

He is in real danger of that.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is yet to be determined what it is - besides a temporarily charmed life - for Carlos Tocci.

The Rangers grabbed Tocci, who had been in the Philadelphia organization last fall, and they've twisted themselves into yet unnamed yoga positions to try to keep him. He was not one of the 25 best players in spring training, but he remained. When Yohander Mendez recently broke a very loosely-enforced curfew, he got sent to the minors; Tocci, who was with him, got a fine. Most recently, the Rangers optioned a perfectly good and useful reliever, Chris Martin, to keep Tocci on the roster.

He has remained despite an .069 batting average, no extra base hits, no stolen bases, one near game-ending baserunning blunder as a pinch runner and without carving out any kind of role.

On Saturday, he will have 60 days of active service time and if the slightest of injuries come up, he can be placed on the DL and really left there until September 1 when he'd be recalled to ensure he finishes the year having spent the full season on the major league roster and with at least 90 days active. Doing so means he would become Rangers' "property." Next season, he could be sent to the minors on option. He could, theoretically, end up being forgotten about.

Sums up the situation pretty well. Slight is extremely accurate. Was not aware that Saturday was exact time for accrued time needed for that DL time to not harm Rangers. Wonder if rehab time again will happen

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times does odor go deep in the confines of comerica Park?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of us will forget future Rangers legend Carlos Tocci.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Martin to the DL and we have a line up

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua needs some playing time in lieu of Gallo. Not sure Ryan will ever be a MLB player but he can certainly shine brighter than the "K" king.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua needs some playing time in lieu of Gallo. Not sure Ryan will ever be a MLB player but he can certainly shine brighter than the "K" king.
Seems like Banny has a problem with Rua. Every time he gets called up, he sits.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad IKF is getting to play tonight. Sure like his versatility. But it has to make it a little tough after playing for a month or so in the infield to be catching at the major league level.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could cut the guy and I would have no problem. I don't care if we have to stick Rua in CF to give DDJ a break.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could cut the guy and I would have no problem. I don't care if we have to stick Rua in CF to give DDJ a break.
Sure enough. By now, all but pitching, the core of the team is probably set. Not to say changes can't happen bc they're apt to but I think the IF is safe now. Catcher and OF is suspect. DDJ looks safe but Gallo and Choo not so much. Oh well,wait and see.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gallo's 'stock with me' is about as low as 'my Odor stock' at the end of last season......So I guess I've cast my vote, eh? ha ha

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been playing regularly lately.

A little surprised though since a LHSP on mound he is not in. Perhaps there are more of that ahead.

He had two good games since the call up

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny read about Byron B of Twins who is stinking it up worse than Gallo but The org is reluctant to move athletic talent. Probably same mindset with Gallo. Let him play and bury him in order and support him in working out kinks

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny read about Byron B of Twins who is stinking it up worse than Gallo but The org is reluctant to move athletic talent. Probably same mindset with Gallo. Let him play and bury him in order and support him in working out kinks

Don't know a damn thing about Byron B, his history with the organization, etc. But my vote for Gallo TODAY is ship his ass to AAA.....Much rather see Guzman/Rua at 1st, and Calhoun in LF - along with Rua, etc - as we move forward in 2018..........Seems to me, Joey has worn out the welcome mat of 'future potential' in 2018 to date IMO.

Go get your-shit-together and stop being an egotistical Bryce Harper starter kit.....which you aren't incendentially.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bomb from Gallo

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know a damn thing about Byron B, his history with the organization, etc. But my vote for Gallo TODAY is ship his ass to AAA.....Much rather see Guzman/Rua at 1st, and Calhoun in LF - along with Rua, etc - as we move forward in 2018..........Seems to me, Joey has worn out the welcome mat of 'future potential' in 2018 to date IMO.

Go get your-shit-together and stop being an egotistical Bryce Harper starter kit.....which you aren't incendentially.

Guess he heard you BB was the best defensive CF in AL last year. A guy I always wanted for Rangers