• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers finish out the homestand: June 5-7

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adolis and Marcus are #2 and #3 in RBI's in MLB with 53 and 50 respectfully. and Jonah is #6 with 46

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too interested in SP at the break. Now relief pitching may be a different story. Still see a roster crunch ahead. Glad Sborz has improved and hope Grant A shines next chance

We have been fortunate that our starters go so deep and Will Smith has delivered
Last year our pen was exposed and of course runs were an issue

It sure the best move is to mortgage the farm. We need a good five year run to be established

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is above expectations methinks when we signed him

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay off-season: with deGrom out next season do we re-sign Martin or do we go all in on Ohtani?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we do either.
i actually think they try to re-sign Martin but only make inquiries about Ohtani but the opening bidding is rumored to probably start around $45M a year

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how Perez does the rest of the season.
agreed but of the free agent off-season options Martin seems to be the best option. offer him $17M with 2nd year option if he does well this season

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think, if we do trade for a starting pitcher, it should be one we can send to Round Rock until he is needed.

Aa it stands now, Bradford is our only line of defense at AAA. No one else in the system is ready to come up.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think, if we do trade for a starting pitcher, it should be one we can send to Round Rock until he is needed.

Aa it stands now, Bradford is our only line of defense at AAA. No one else in the system is ready to come up.
i still think any trades prior to the trade deadline concentrate on the bull pen and not much else. with Eovaldi, Perez, Dunning, Gray and Heaney tying down the Starting Rotation, there's not much to complain about and with Bradford, Ragans and a couple of others think we're covered.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What concerns me is if Eovaldi, Gray, Perez or Dunning go down we could really be in a jam come playoff time. Beyond those four, I'm not sure there's another SP on the team we can really trust to start a playoff game. Heaney has been good but inconsistent, Otto could be a candidate given his strong finish last year, but nobody's really talking about his return from injury.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think any trades prior to the trade deadline concentrate on the bull pen and not much else.
I think they can give a lot of attention to the bullpen in trades and still improve in other areas. It is not an either or situation at all.

They can make 5 or 6 trades in July if they feel it necessary. Not saying they will, but trading for a starting pitcher, another bat and 3 relievers is certainly not out of the question.

Again, not saying they will do all of that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What concerns me is if Eovaldi, Gray, Perez or Dunning go down we could really be in a jam come playoff time. Beyond those four, I'm not sure there's another SP on the team we can really trust to start a playoff game. Heaney has been good but inconsistent, Otto could be a candidate given his strong finish last year, but nobody's really talking about his return from injury.
Yeah, if they trade for a young pitcher it would have to be a very good one. It would be a major trade, but he would be here for several years.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if they trade for a young pitcher it would have to be a very good one. It would be a major trade, but he would be here for several years.
See, that makes sense as something they should heavily consider—if the right deal is there. Obviously not at the expense of fixing the bullpen.
Everything should be on the table since this team is playing like a legitimate WS contender.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that makes sense as something they should heavily consider—if the right deal is there. Obviously not at the expense of fixing the bullpen.
Everything should be on the table since this team is playing like a legitimate WS contender.
I just can’t come with a team that would trade a real good under control young pitcher no matter what was offered

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone change their mind about pursuing a trade for Ohtani if he is available?
The trade would have to include a long term extension.
If so, I'd definitely be interested, but there's a good chance it would cost something ridiculous—something like a package of Carter, Leiter, Porter, Acuña.
Maybe too rich.