• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Quest for the Cup, Dodgers & Diamondbacks Brawl, and Ed Reed Blames Brady

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees Agree To Terms With First-Rounder Jagielo

By Steve Adams [June 12 at 10:34am CST]
Baseball America's Jim Callis reports (via Twitter) that the Yankees and first-round pick Eric Jagielo have agreed to terms on $1,839,400 signing bonus -- the exact amount of the assigned pick value for the No. 26 overall selection. Jagielo is advised by Frontline.
Jagielo, a third baseman from Notre Dame, ranked 16th on Baseball America's list of Top 500 draft prospects. ESPN's Keith Law ranked the slugger 26th among potential draftees, and MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo had him at No. 37 on his Top 100 list. BA projects him to hit for both power and average, noting that he has improved his plate discipline in 2013.
Jagielo is the first college position player selected by the Yankees in the first round since they selected Florida State's John-Ford Griffin with the No. 23 pick in the 2001 draft. Jagielo was one of three first-round picks for the Yankees; New York also selected Fresno State outfielder Aaron Judge and prep lefty Ian Clarkin later in the first round. Jagielo becomes the fifth 2013 first-rounder to sign.

good history

John-Ford Griffin

27 career PA for toronto

Last edited by a moderator:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers, who has been attending the Celtics' pre-draft workouts, is unsure of what he wants to do and has not yet ruled out returning to Boston for a 10th season. He has a very close relationship with Ainge, and the source said that is one factor that is making his decision so difficult.
If Rivers were to walk away from the three years and $21 million remaining on his contract with the Celtics, it is not clear whether he would seek another coaching job next season or sit out and possibly return to broadcasting.
If Rivers became available, he would immediately become the most coveted coach on the market. The Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Clippers asked for permission to speak with Rivers about their coaching jobs last month, but Ainge refused to grant it.
There is a feeling throughout the league, however, that because of the closeness of their relationship, Ainge would allow Rivers to leave and go elsewhere if the coach requested it.

Honestly....I don't quite understand why everyone falls all over themselves when it comes to Doc. He's a good coach...when he has good players. But when the talent isn't there...his record reflects that. Just like every other coach.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"opened up Dirk's game"?

Dirk was playing at a HOF level for a solid decade

His championship year was only his 9th best scoring year

Bosh is garbage. He is asked to do basic things you expect out of any 6'10" player but can't

When the going gets tough, he can't even play like a decent 3

Lets not forget when, even though the Mavericks were capturing 2-3 seeds and once or twice once, he had talent around him like Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Juwon Howard in his prime and some good role players, the problem was they always ran into the Spurs or the Lakers.

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop lying and bragging Rock

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kermit_0b50f3_456517.gif

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"opened up Dirk's game"?

Dirk was playing at a HOF level for a solid decade

His championship year was only his 9th best scoring year

Bosh is garbage. He is asked to do basic things you expect out of any 6'10" player but can't

When the going gets tough, he can't even play like a decent 3

LOL VP ... I love it

Im sure you were one of the guys who bashed Dirk at every turn before he won his title too.

Its not always about numbers. The MAVS and Dirk were consistently labeled as choke artists and soft for years

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget when, even though the Mavericks were capturing 2-3 seeds and once or twice once, he had talent around him like Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Juwon Howard in his prime and some good role players, the problem was they always ran into the Spurs or the Lakers.

Dirk and Bosh should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence

One is a 1st ballot HOF'er and the best shooting big man of all time

One is a guy who plays like garbage if his team "asks him to do something other than just shoot open 15 foot J's"

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
BUCCSSS .... save me from these fags
wish i could.......this is beyond even me....sake has lost his edge....he is becoming more human every day....he doesnt have any targets to abuse...dickshot doesnt have cowboyb to ignore anymore....so now he talks about nothing but uno and boston.....john and self dont have chaos to thrive on anymore....so they dont post as much...i tried to get john riled up with soccer...but even that didnt work...no heat means pete and vp have nothing to live for...and well that means i dont have the tools i need either....plus no dirt today...just tilts the table further...

all your fault though...all started when you left for germany

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk and Bosh should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence

One is a 1st ballot HOF'er and the best shooting big man of all time

One is a guy who plays like garbage if his team "asks him to do something other than just shoot open 15 foot J's"

And when he's given these jumpers, he can barely hit those, and when he misses, he stands there admiring his shot with a fucking limp wrist instead of following up and getting an offensive rebound, so now guys like Wade and Chalmers are battling underneath the boards while he stands there.

Number one reason why they're being out rebounded and demolished in the paint.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc's a good coach .. not great

In reality, that team kinda underachieved with him (on a whole)

No they didn't...

They got some tough, inopportune injuries...

First year they won a ring, second year Garnett missed half the year and the team still went to game 7 of the ECSF. They should have beaten Orlando in that series, but I wouldn't call that an underachievement.

The next year they were up 3-2 in the Finals when Perkins blew out his knee.. They got ass-raped on the glass and abused by Pau Gasol in games 6 and 7... They should have won that year.

Next year, they were right in it with the Heat when Rondo's elbow was dislocated... They kept that series close, but got beaten by the deeper team.

Next year Garnett and Rondo both healthy again (finally) they were missing Green and Bradley and STILL took the Heat to 7 games in the ECF when many people thought they wouldn't win a round.

They should have on at least one more ring. But that's not Doc's fault.. Give him the right players and he will get them to play.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Albert Pujols contract is going to make Arod's current deal look like a bargain before all is said and done.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that story actually...

If Joe Piscopo and Taylor Dayne were in opposite roles.

growing up on long island, we shared a common fence with david copperfield. he used to come over for brunch.