• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Quest for the Cup, Dodgers & Diamondbacks Brawl, and Ed Reed Blames Brady

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sox and yankees both lost, rendering todays thread more angry

hell of a brawl in that dodgers/diamondbacks game

lebron legitimately had his worst game in his NBA career, at a -32 while on the court. he had previously hit -30 on 2 occasions. he was...terrible.

spurs just let it rain from 3 all night

blown the fuck out

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Reed cites Brady kick for injury

Updated: June 12, 2013, 2:16 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Reed Thinks Brady Kick Caused Hip Injury

Ed Reed believes his hip injury was caused by a kick from Tom Brady in the AFC Championship game.Tags: NFL, Ed Reed

Houston Texans safety Ed Reed, who is still rehabbing from offseason hip surgery, indicated that the injury originally occurred when Patriots quarterback Tom Brady kicked him in the AFC championship game.
"The only play I could look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback," Reed said Tuesday at Texans minicamp. "But even then, I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there."
Reed acknowledged he isn't sure if he'll be ready to play for the Texans in the season opener on Sept. 9. The nine-time Pro Bowler, who had surgery April 30 for a partly torn labrum, said he didn't find out he needed surgery until after joining the Texans from the Super Bowl-winning Baltimore Ravens.

i
The only play I could look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback. But even then, I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there.
” -- Ed Reed, claiming that his hip injury was caused by Tom Brady kicking him​
"If you ask my trainer and ask my doctor, they can't believe where I'm at now," Reed said. "It's still a process. We want to be smart through it.
"At the end of the day, the smartest thing is to be ready when it really counts -- and that's the latter part of the season when you're making that run to the playoffs and on to the Super Bowl."
Reed, who was in Houston for the start of the Texans' three-day minicamp, said he hasn't had any setbacks, and he'll have a better idea of when he might play when training camp begins in late July.
It was the second hip surgery for the 34-year-old Reed, who also had hip surgery in 2010 that caused him to miss the first six games of that season. He said the 2010 procedure was a reconstruction that included bone shaving.
"This one was a minor procedure," he said. "I definitely feel a lot different than I did last time. It's minor to the one I had in 2010, so the recovery is going a lot different. "
Reed had surgery in Vail, Colo., and spent a month recovering before heading to Atlanta for more rehabilitation. Coach Gary Kubiak said he hopes Reed can be ready for the start of the season, but is waiting to see how he progresses before training camp.

"He's been back for a couple of days now and we're just working the rehab process and have him continue what he's been doing in Atlanta and setting our game plan between now and up in training camp," Kubiak said. "It's good to have him back."
Reed, who will be entering his 12th season, said he wouldn't be disappointed if he can't play in Week 1 because he has to do what's best for his recovery. He doesn't want to rush back only to have a setback.
He avoided any target date on his return and spoke instead about what he hopes to bring to the Texans after spending his entire career with the Ravens. Some have questioned if he can still have the impact he's had in the past as he enters his mid-30s.
Reed started each game for Baltimore last season and finished with 49 tackles and four interceptions.
"My goals are simple," he said. "My goal was to be part of this organization that welcomed me, that wanted me, that respected what I did and knows what I've done on the football field and knows what I'm capable of doing. Yeah I'm older, but I'm still going to give everything I'll ever give to this sport and definitely to this organization for what they've done for me."
He joins a unit led by 2012 defensive player of the year J.J. Watt on a team that lost in the divisional round of the playoffs in each of the last two seasons. After winning a championship last season in Baltimore, Reed hopes he can help push the Texans to the next level this season.
"My goal is New York if you really want to know," said Reed, after initially noting he doesn't like to share his goals. "I think everybody knows that because that's the ultimate goal at the end of the day. It's not San Diego, it's not Baltimore, it's not New England. It's New York, and I'm talking about the Super Bowl and that's my goal, if you must know."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebows first day of practice went as predicted

no media mess, no circus

tebow made a statement, didnt answer questions...thats not allowed here

quote of the day, by aaron hernandez (former teammate at UF)

A teammate of Tebow's for three seasons at the University of Florida, Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez said Tuesday he was surprised to be reunited with his college quarterback in the NFL.
"Once I heard the information I was a little shocked and I was happy," Hernandez said. "Definitely was a surprise for probably most of us."
Tebow participated in Tuesday's practice solely as a quarterback, but Hernandez said he was unsure of Tebow's role going forward.

"There's a reason why he's here. I actually don't now the reason yet but we'll see," Hernandez said. "I'm sure he'll be doing a few things here. That's up to Bill Belichick."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in news that matters right now

tonight at 8

according to dirt, on al jazeera, the cup finals begin

get yer popcorn ready

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning asshoooooles

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wake up fools

lazy motherfuckers

im going for a smoke

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick stifles Tebow-mania

Patriots do their part in calming frenzy surrounding new third-string QB

Updated: June 12, 2013, 12:06 AM ET
By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Bill Belichick arrived for his morning news conference, looked to the back of the room where 15 television cameras were lined up, then scanned the 80-plus credentialed members of the media.

He smiled briefly, perhaps noticing some familiar faces from New York from his Giants and Jets days, knowing exactly why everyone was packed into the press box at Gillette Stadium for a June minicamp; yes, a June minicamp.

It was all about Tim Tebow, Tebow-mania, the third-string quarterback who produces headlines like no other.
Stew Milne/USA TODAY SportsWorking with Tom Brady is one of several ways being with the Patriots will be different from Tim Tebow's previous NFL stops.

One could almost see the amusement in Belichick's expression at that moment, and his response was as predictable as can be. He delivered a verbal stiff-arm to those in the room, not once mentioning Tebow in his opening remarks, instead talking about the team entering its fourth week of on-field practices this offseason … how it would be good to practice Tuesday on a wet field … that schemes were installed … how the club was better positioned to return in late July for training camp …

It was almost as if he was saying, "Tim who?"

But, of course, he knew what was coming next -- 14 straight Tebow questions that he swatted away with one-sentence answers before saying, "I think we've already talked enough about him. I think we've covered it. Anything else?"

If anyone was curious how the power of Tebow would fare against the power of Patriot, this was a preview.

With these two powerful forces aligning, this marked one of the most atypical days in Belichick's 14-year Patriots tenure. Local television stations broadcast live from outside the stadium, ESPN had on-the-scene reports, and CNN aired Belichick's news conference live. All for Tebow, a player who might not be on the final roster in early September when the games start to count for real.

As expected, the coach did his best to extinguish the circus, which climaxed when Tebow walked toward a scrum of reporters after practice around 1 p.m. ET -- media members jostling for position in a way that might have had Ed Hochuli throwing a 15-yard penalty for unnecessary roughness -- and delivered a statement without answering questions.

"First and foremost, I just want to thank the Patriots for giving me an opportunity," Tebow began. "I'm very thankful. It's such an honor to be a Patriot and play for coach [Bill] Belichick and for coach [Josh] McDaniels, and learn under Tom [Brady] and be a part of this great franchise and very successful franchise. I found that out firsthand; lost to them several times.

"It's going to be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to working hard every single day and getting a lot better and learning under some great people.

"That's all I've got. Thank you all so much and God bless. I'm sure we'll be talking more soon."

Maybe not, actually.

Unlike during Tebow's time with the Jets, who celebrated his arrival with a much ballyhooed news conference that had the city's tabloids buzzing, Tebow is going to find out quickly how things work in New England. The veterans and captains do most of the talking. Third-string quarterbacks, on the other hand, mostly blend into the background -- if they plan to stick around.

Naturally, Tebow also will have to show some skill on the field, and Tuesday provided an initial glimpse of a quarterback who very much remains a work in progress, with a deliberate throwing motion and sporadic accuracy. He participated in individual drills until the end of practice, when he finally had a chance to lead the offense in an "opportunity" session with rookies and lesser-experienced players.

Tebow completed four passes, at one point zipping a strike across the middle to tryout receiver Chaz Schilens, his former roommate with the Jets. Another time, he couldn't find an open receiver and initially tucked the ball to run, before staying behind the line of scrimmage and throwing an incomplete pass down the left sideline.

After the practice concluded, Tebow stayed late with fellow quarterbacks Brady and Ryan Mallett for some extra work.

"He's a hard worker, a competitor, he loves the game. We need guys like that," said linebacker Brandon Spikes, who was a teammate of Tebow's at the University of Florida. "It was good to see him smile, that big smile I'm used to seeing over the last few years down in Florida."

Asked what advice he might have for Tebow, Spikes touched on the culture around the Patriots.

"Just get on board. Every day is a lot of pressure once you walk in that door -- I'm pretty sure he can handle that," he said. "He was an accountable guy down in Gainesville. I'm pretty sure he'll do it again here."

Everyone will be watching, that's for sure, even if Tebow is more in the background than in his previous stops with the Broncos and Jets. There isn't a third-string quarterback who generates more interest and attention, as evidenced by what unfolded Tuesday at Gillette Stadium, and by the Patriots themselves posting on their website that Tebow No. 5 jerseys can be preordered through their pro shop.

Surely, the Patriots weren't thinking primarily about jersey sales when they signed Tebow. And Belichick insisted Tuesday that dealing with the media crush wasn't a consideration in signing him, calling him "a talented player that is smart and works hard."

"There's a reason why he's here. I actually don't know the reason yet, but we'll see," said tight end Aaron Hernandez, who like Spikes played at Florida with Tebow. "I'm sure he'll be doing a few things here. That's up to Belichick."

While it's possible that Tebow could be used in different roles in New England should he make the team, Tuesday saw him only at quarterback, which is where his foundation will start in the team's system. Hernandez admitted that he was shocked when he initially heard the news, but insisted it won't be a distraction to him and his teammates.

"A lot of that other stuff, you don't really pay attention to, but from the outside looking in, it looks like a big mess," he said. "If you let the media become a distraction, then that's your fault. Obviously in this program, we don't let that happen. We just worry about playing football and taking care of ourselves."

That was the big takeaway Tuesday on a day unlike any other in Belichick's tenure as coach. Like one of those big collisions often seen on the football field, this was a colossal clash between the power of Tebow and the power of Patriot.

The Patriots, with Belichick setting the tone, predictably won in convincing fashion.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman: It is what it is

CB: Seattle has problem

Updated: June 11, 2013, 6:10 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Asked if the Seattle Seahawks have a problem with performance-enhancing drugs with five player suspensions since 2011, cornerback Richard Sherman told ESPN The Magazine, "it does seem that way."
Sherman, who was suspended last season for allegedly using Adderall only to have the ban overturned on appeal last December, said of the Seahawks' perceived PED problem: "It is what it is."
Sherman has consistently denied he used Adderall and did so again in the interview with ESPN The Magazine, which appears in the most recent issue.
"Nope. Didn't take it at all," he said. "The question only remains for people who want the question to remain."
Since Pete Carroll joined the Seahawks in 2010, no team has had more player suspensions for using performance-enhancing drugs than Seattle's five. On the flip side, 10 teams have not had any suspensions due to PEDs.

Most PED suspensions since 2010
Team Bans Seahawks 5 Broncos 4 Giants 4 Source: ESPN Stats & Information

Defensive end Bruce Irvin became the latest Seahawk to receive a PED suspension when he was banned last month for the first four games of the 2013 season. Six Seahawks have tested positive since 2011, with only Sherman having his suspension overturned. John Moffitt, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner and Irvin have received four-game suspensions. Barbre was later released by the team, while the other four are still on Seattle's roster.
Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor said in a SiriusXM interview last month that the team's veterans held a meeting after Irvin's suspension to spread the message to players on the team that it's time to grow up.
"We have to grow up and move past that," Chancellor said. "That's pretty much the message right now, growing up and not making the same mistakes over and over."
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said last month that Seattle goes beyond the league requirements for educating players, but he said they will continue to re-evaluate what needs to be done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck it up Reed. You are getting old.... Getting older is why you are hurt

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to actually see the game but Jon Lester sucked last night... Seemed like he had no control and was walking everyone

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed Thinks Brady Kick Caused Hip Injury

Brady became a football player that day

mornin' scumbags

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to actually see the game but Jon Lester sucked last night... Seemed like he had no control and was walking everyone

no shit
he looks like redd foxx

Ed%20Reed.jpg

Redd-Foxx-03.jpg

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano thinks the Royals have no future, or present...again

The Yankees' Robinson Cano will be a Home Run Derby captain again this season, but he still won't pick Billy Butler for his American League team.
"No chance," Cano said with a smile.
In last season's Derby in Kansas City, Royals fans mercilessly booed Cano for leaving Butler off the AL Derby team after he had pledged to include a Royal.
Cano also said Royals fans "crossed the line" by targeting his family last season. But even after last year's unpleasantness, Cano said he was still honored to be selected as captain for this year's event at Citi Field.
"Yes, of course, especially with the things that I went through last year. I would say that's not a good way to end it. It's special that it's in New York," Cano said. "Why not? I can't wait for that day to happen. Now I've just got to wait and see who's doing good around the league and start thinking about who I'm going to pick. I've got a month left, but I'm going to sit down and think about who I'm going to pick and who's going to do it."
David Wright of the host Mets will captain the National League squad, returning to the Home Run Derby for the first time in seven years.
In his only previous Home Run Derby, Wright finished as the runner-up in Pittsburgh in 2006 to Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard, with catcher Paul Lo Duca serving as his pitcher.
This year's event will take place at 8 p.m. ET July 15 at Citi Field and will be televised by ESPN.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
no mention of the red sox....odd.....very very odd

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thread title had bruins dodgers diamondbacks and patriots in it......no mention of the red sox...

you only read the titles?

poor guy...read line 1 of my opening post

sox are the best team in the AL, 2nd best in MLB

still

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i get is complaints about us not talking about shit outside of NE

i mention the dodgers/diamondbacks brawl, and all i get is "you didnt mention the sox in your title"

cant win