• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Preseason

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, did you as Seahawk Fans like what you saw tonight.
It's preseason, so take it as it is.
1....Michael has a different speed than Turbin, but struggles in blocking. Lynch 1, Michael 2.
2....Wilson is a leader, we knew that, when will the nation accept it? Wilson, I accept you....duh!
3....Preseason, Hawk went 8-0 over last two seasons, now 0-1......no Biggie. Who goes 8-0?
4....beware of the SB hangover troll speak. It is coming. I saw a glimpse....i did...
5....Croyle.....or whatever the spelling, is he good at any LB'er spot, time will tell. Remember John L?
6...............The Seahawks are Super Bowl Champs. I'm Happy. Give this post some love!
7.....Make this post active thru week 4, then we shall have other discussions. Yes?

:suds:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal has another gear. Makes Turbin look slo-mo.

Wish they would have pulled Wilson out earlier. He took a couple of shots from a make-shift OL getting run over out there. I understand trying to get him some reps but there was not a single starting OL man on the field in that 2nd drive and you still keep your starting QB in??

Also, Thomas returning punts made me nervous.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little too intoxicated during the game to truly analyze it. But I didn't like Earl being used as the punt returner either. He's too valuable to our defense to put in such an unnecessary situation.

As for Pryor I thought he played well. He definitely showed off his athleticism and a few throws late in the game were darts thrown on point. If that mini marshawn lynch guy catches the ball on 2nd and goal in that final drive then we win the game and people would be singing Pryor's praises!

Oh well, just one game. I'm not too mad I'm just excited football is back in our lives.

Week 3 Denver...get ready for the Clink

GO HAWKS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to involved with a thread on the general board, to actually get to really watch close. Nice to have football back, already passion is running high. Go Seahawks!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its early but the fact they only got pressure once or twice was a disappointment. Something I'm going to keep an eye on. Hopefully we get more next week.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know more by the Chicago Oakland games on who is going to be cut etc.

Niners got smacked around by the Ravens lol.

PistolHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I liked

• Paul Richardson - made some good catches and showed some speed and wiggle.
  • Britt - played well overall. I was really trying to watch him close and with exception of that miscommunication between he and the guard which got Russell killed, he did okay.
  • Marsh - this kid has a motor and he showed it.
  • Coyle - He did well, i can see why he's been talked about in camp so much...but we'll have to wait and see.

What i didn't like

• Phil Bates - didn't see hear his name called other than that sweep. I was hoping he would have a few catches but they must have been covering him well. We'll see how he plays in the coming weeks.
  • Intensity and speed- there seemed to be a lack of intensity that we're all used to seeing. I know it's the preseason but it didn't feel like we were hitting hard. Someone mentioned last night as i was browsing the general board thread that the line was kinda "giving up" late in the play...I'll have to watch to confirm but you would think these guys would be going for it given their spot on the team is on the line.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the biggest stat of the night in my opinion:

Team inactives:

Seattle - 18
Denver - 0

This wasn't a rematch, this was a scrimmage. It amazes me how much stock the city of Denver actually put into the game, but whatever gets you going, to each their own. It was fun to see some football, but overall had to be one of the tougher games to analyze when one's weren't even going against ones necessarily. The next two games should hopefully show a little more of who we are and what we have.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the biggest stat of the night in my opinion:

Team inactives:

Seattle - 18
Denver - 0

This wasn't a rematch, this was a scrimmage. It amazes me how much stock the city of Denver actually put into the game, but whatever gets you going, to each their own. It was fun to see some football, but overall had to be one of the tougher games to analyze when one's weren't even going against ones necessarily. The next two games should hopefully show a little more of who we are and what we have.

Not sure where you got this stat but it is not true. Just off the top of my head Von Miller, Chris Harris, Kevin Vickerson, and Montee Ball were all inactive. I'm sure there were others but those were the key guys out for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also very few put much stock into this game. We wanted to see our team not get embarrassed like last year in the preseason and see our young players play but beyond that most could care less what happened. It is the preseason for goodness sake. Only Pete Carroll cares whether he wins or loses these games.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im happy that Pete Carroll is the only one that cares about these games. Treating everything your team does like that SB has obviously been an effective approach for him. That approach has a lot to do with why his team was ready to rock in the actual SB and the other team wasnt. Other coaches should take something from that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it is a bad approach as obviously it has served your team well. in the end our two teams are still 0-0 so no matter who won last night that and both teams staying healthy is what matters.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you got this stat but it is not true. Just off the top of my head Von Miller, Chris Harris, Kevin Vickerson, and Montee Ball were all inactive. I'm sure there were others but those were the key guys out for sure.

This stat came from Brock Huard and Curt Menefee who called the game. It was 18 players short of the full preseason roster at this point of the season, whereas the Broncos roster was full.

What's with the fans chanting, "Super Bowl cheaters"? Really, would anyone like to explain that? May not be any of you on here, but it was enough fans for a stadium to get a chant going. :lame:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams showed some good flashes and both teams showed a lot of rust, which is to be expected of the first preseason.

I was watching the Denver stream/channel and good lord, those announcers were acting WAY too homerish. Seattle's do too at times, but good lord. Manning looked OKAY but I still question his ability to throw accurate deep balls and while he drove for a TD Seattle's entire mid field factor which blew up the Broncos in the SBOWL (Chancellor/Wagner/Irvin) were out.

The constant praise Denver was getting for this relentless and new tough pass D... look Talib, Ward, made some good plays... but put Okung, Unger, Harvin (!), Richardson, Carpenter, and not a first game for Britt out there, and it's a different story.

The one thing I can undoubtedly give praise to the Broncos for was the run game. They had some pretty good holes and there was some ticky tack holding penalties on the Broncos which I felt should not have been called.

Manning looking like his usual self? Hardly...

I just found it humorous that the Broncos announcers and SOME posters here thought the starting reps were anything impressive... because... THEY DIDN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING. Denver had some inactives, but not near as many as Seattle... so the game tells you jack crap.

Even then it's preseason... coaches are telling starters to not get too flashy and not take unnecessary big hits. The rookies are a different story.

I was big time impressed with Juwan Thompson for Denver. Will be watching more of that guy and a BIG maybe, could be a fantasy sleeper with CJ Anderson going down and Montee Ball banged up.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stat came from Brock Huard and Curt Menefee who called the game. It was 18 players short of the full preseason roster at this point of the season, whereas the Broncos roster was full.

What's with the fans chanting, "Super Bowl cheaters"? Really, would anyone like to explain that? May not be any of you on here, but it was enough fans for a stadium to get a chant going. :lame:

Ok so there is a difference between inactive and just not having the roster spot. Also just counted it up for who is on the Seahawks right now and they have 87 players on the roster not including the IR or PUP players. You are allowed to have 90 at this point. So again no idea what they are talking about. If you want to look at the Seahawks roster here it is for you...

2014 Seattle Seahawks Roster | Ourlads.com

Now if there were 18 inactive players (players who did not suit up for the actual game would be a better definition of this) then again the Broncos had plenty that were not suited up for this one. So again I just have no clue where they were going with this.

Also the stadium chanting thing...Nobody in Denver or the National News has said this happened at the game. The only person who has said it is Brock Huard from what I can find. So I don't even know if this actually did happen. And if it did my guess is it would have only been a small section of the stadium doing it otherwise it would have been easily heard on the national broadcast. Also fans do these kind of things all the time to get under the skin of the other team. It is part of the game.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams showed some good flashes and both teams showed a lot of rust, which is to be expected of the first preseason.

I was watching the Denver stream/channel and good lord, those announcers were acting WAY too homerish. Seattle's do too at times, but good lord. Manning looked OKAY but I still question his ability to throw accurate deep balls and while he drove for a TD Seattle's entire mid field factor which blew up the Broncos in the SBOWL (Chancellor/Wagner/Irvin) were out.

The constant praise Denver was getting for this relentless and new tough pass D... look Talib, Ward, made some good plays... but put Okung, Unger, Harvin (!), Richardson, Carpenter, and not a first game for Britt out there, and it's a different story.

The one thing I can undoubtedly give praise to the Broncos for was the run game. They had some pretty good holes and there was some ticky tack holding penalties on the Broncos which I felt should not have been called.

Manning looking like his usual self? Hardly...

I just found it humorous that the Broncos announcers and SOME posters here thought the starting reps were anything impressive... because... THEY DIDN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING. Denver had some inactives, but not near as many as Seattle... so the game tells you jack crap.

Even then it's preseason... coaches are telling starters to not get too flashy and not take unnecessary big hits. The rookies are a different story.

I was big time impressed with Juwan Thompson for Denver. Will be watching more of that guy and a BIG maybe, could be a fantasy sleeper with CJ Anderson going down and Montee Ball banged up.
:agree:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season... It means nothing but roster spots, The rematch will be in week 3 of the season... Why this was so hyped up in beyond me... I realize both teams were in the Super Bowl but it's pre-season... Nothing to get hyped up about... other than it's nice to see the season kicking off... Sept just around the corner...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i took away from the game. Mannings ball is a worse duck than last season. The Refs ... wow Ok i understand that they are trying to install this new "penalty" but wow really? As it is Offenses are scoring at a pace unheard of in the past so any more help is not needed and it caused 25 flags to be thrown. I do not watch football to see yellow being thrown around all day/night long. You do the math, the Seahawks and Broncos had a average of 57 offensive plays each and 25 flags total!!!!!!! not counting the ones that were declined. good heavens. Yeah i did not like what i saw as far as the refs and calls go. Both the Broncos and the Seahawks got JOBBED on a lot of them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i took away from the game. Mannings ball is a worse duck than last season. The Refs ... wow Ok i understand that they are trying to install this new "penalty" but wow really? As it is Offenses are scoring at a pace unheard of in the past so any more help is not needed and it caused 25 flags to be thrown. I do not watch football to see yellow being thrown around all day/night long. You do the math, the Seahawks and Broncos had a average of 57 offensive plays each and 25 flags total!!!!!!! not counting the ones that were declined. good heavens. Yeah i did not like what i saw as far as the refs and calls go. Both the Broncos and the Seahawks got JOBBED on a lot of them.

I'm seriously fucking worried about this no contact call more holding BS.... WHY the NFL is doing this just pisses me off beyond belief.... This is gonna hurt the game and there is no dam reason for it... I mean dammit we already have so many rules against the defense....

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously fucking worried about this no contact call more holding BS.... WHY the NFL is doing this just pisses me off beyond belief.... This is gonna hurt the game and there is no dam reason for it... I mean dammit we already have so many rules against the defense....

In other games I have seen, I have seen it called here or there, but it seemed to be called very tightly in this game.

Not sure if coaches can ask to have it called tightly, or since it was the Seahawks, the refs decided to call it very tightly. From what I saw, it was mostly against the Broncos, but I missed the 4th quarter, somaybe it evened out.