• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP. 2019!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus - get over your obsession. Unless you chose to watch Tiger during this tourney (via PGA Live for the most part) he was not shown all that much & you could view a lot of entertaining shots from the other participants. Now ESPN coverage is a different story, but who gives a shit about them.

I agree with there being too much exposure at times on Tiger, but I also see people like yourself who obsess about it way too much.

BTW - Feherty makes lots of stupid comments about all golfers all of the time. I believe that he is very good on his TV show but terrible as an on course commentator (should be removed IMO).

The golf media is never going to have an even playing field when it comes to covering Tiger...for those that distain the guy are probably best served to simply ignore the slobberfest. Why torture yourself?

Even though I think he's perfect in his show role. Although I don't much listen to TV audio when watching golf, I actually like Feherty on course, but he's caught in between entertainer and course reporter sometimes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The golf media is never going to have an even playing field when it comes to covering Tiger...for those that distain the guy are probably best served to simply ignore the slobberfest. Why torture yourself?

Even though I think he's perfect in his show role. Although I don't much listen to TV audio when watching golf, I actually like Feherty on course, but he's caught in between entertainer and course reporter sometimes.

I guess that the thing I don't like most about Feherty on course is that he quite often is Captain Obvious. Jeez - if you have nothing to say then just keep quiet. In this era they typically have tons of commentators on the course so Feherty could just defer his opinion to someone else on course or in the booth. Perhaps the network folks encourage to talk a lot, but it just gets old at times. Ditto for Gary McCord when he is the mix (hopefully he is on the way out).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that the thing I don't like most about Feherty on course is that he quite often is Captain Obvious. Jeez - if you have nothing to say then just keep quiet. In this era they typically have tons of commentators on the course so Feherty could just defer his opinion to someone else on course or in the booth. Perhaps the network folks encourage to talk a lot, but it just gets old at times. Ditto for Gary McCord when he is the mix (hopefully he is on the way out).

I think in American broadcasting...dead air is a sin of some sort, whereas the Euro golf broadcasters seem to be okay with a little dead air.

FWIW...I like the Euro golf broadcast commentary much better.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus - get over your obsession. Unless you chose to watch Tiger during this tourney (via PGA Live for the most part) he was not shown all that much & you could view a lot of entertaining shots from the other participants. Now ESPN coverage is a different story, but who gives a shit about them.

I agree with there being too much exposure at times on Tiger, but I also see people like yourself who obsess about it way too much.

BTW - Feherty makes lots of stupid comments about all golfers all of the time. I believe that he is very good on his TV show but terrible as an on course commentator (should be removed IMO).
We call this phenomenon "Tiger Blindness" when someone is so infatuated with Tiger Woods that he does not even realize how much nonsense we have to put up with from NBC and CBS about a player who is irrelevant to the proceedings. Fear not though, there are treatments for your disorder.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They ry to hard to be funny and that's not funny.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Feherty just said that Fleetwood looks like a homeless guy that just robbed a Nike store.
I think he looks kinda cool.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleetwood can't hit a long putt to save his life. Sick of watching him come out flat when it counts the most.
He does seem to collapse under pressure.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Players back where it belongs.

I hated the Masters being the first real (major atmosphere) tournament of the season.
The Players served as a nice ramp up to the Masters.

I really like the Players. It seems like none of the Pro's never really figure this course out.
They could win one year, and then miss the cut the next.

17 gets all of the attention but 18 is one of my favorite holes in all of golf.

That is how you make a gut check 18. Water all down the left side.
If you want to know what tour pro's don't trust their driver ...watch 18.

Really? I always liked that the Mjors came in order of their importance. Masters, U.S. Open, British Open and PGA. What I hated was waiting until mid June for a second Major after the Masters ended in early April.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We call this phenomenon "Tiger Blindness" when someone is so infatuated with Tiger Woods that he does not even realize how much nonsense we have to put up with from NBC and CBS about a player who is irrelevant to the proceedings. Fear not though, there are treatments for your disorder.

Who is "we"? You and the other voices in your head? Hey I like watching Tiger, but I also really enjoy watching other golfers. Like I posted - the last rd of the Players was one of the best finishes IMO & personally I didn't see Tiger except for maybe a few times on Sunday.

Why the hell do you care about it so much? You have some serious issues.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see DJ's pathetic stab at that 3 footer? Holy fuck, he missed by 6 inches.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is "we"? You and the other voices in your head? Hey I like watching Tiger, but I also really enjoy watching other golfers. Like I posted - the last rd of the Players was one of the best finishes IMO & personally I didn't see Tiger except for maybe a few times on Sunday.

Why the hell do you care about it so much? You have some serious issues.
You were unable to see apparently the inordinate amount of Tiger slobbering by the network even though he was never in contention. That tells us that you suffer from the syndrome known as "Tiger Blindness" that afflicts those who idolize Woods even though he is a has been..

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see DJ's pathetic stab at that 3 footer? Holy fuck, he missed by 6 inches.
Agreed. I was equally shocked by the 3 footer Furyk stabbed at on 15 that never got near the hole.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were unable to see apparently the inordinate amount of Tiger slobbering by the network even though he was never in contention. That tells us that you suffer from the syndrome known as "Tiger Blindness" that afflicts those who idolize Woods even though he is a has been..

LOL - you really are obsessed with the guy. Again - since he was not in contention during most of the tourney - he was not really shown that much outside of PGA Tour Live (& that is an option where someone would have to choose to watch a certain player).

I guess I must have had a blind spot on Sun when all that I mainly saw was coverage of players not named Tiger Woods. Since Tiger was in the back of the pack he teed off early on Sat & Sun & by default he could not have been part of most of the primary coverage on those days. Exactly what tourney were you watching? You must have Tiger on the brain. Call me whatever you like - your opinion means nothing to me (you can feel the same about me - don't care). Have fun being a habitual whiner.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - you really are obsessed with the guy. Again - since he was not in contention during most of the tourney - he was not really shown that much outside of PGA Tour Live (& that is an option where someone would have to choose to watch a certain player).

I guess I must have had a blind spot on Sun when all that I mainly saw was coverage of players not named Tiger Woods. Since Tiger was in the back of the pack he teed off early on Sat & Sun & by default he could not have been part of most of the primary coverage on those days. Exactly what tourney were you watching? You must have Tiger on the brain. Call me whatever you like - your opinion means nothing to me (you can feel the same about me - don't care). Have fun being a habitual whiner.
Yep; a classic case. He was all over the highlights. Every time I saw his ugly mug come on the screen it fast forwarded the DVR