• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Play That Won the West

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers1.jpg

You're welcome Seattle. I guess maybe we finally owed you one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers1.jpg

I read somewhere that the ref who made that call had been reprimanded for not making the same call during an earlier game and theory goes was overcompensating for prior noncall.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a different outcome it the NFC championship game was played at Candlestick. No crowd noise to deal with and maybe a little bit of home officiating advantage. The Niners played well in Seattle and had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter despite defensive breakdowns and two turnovers. You just cannot give up a huge pass play on a broken play, play soft on 3rd and 22 and allow the TE to get an esy 15 yard completion. That gave the Seahawks an opportunity to go on 4th and 7 which resulted in a TD that gave them the lead they never relinquished.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a different outcome it the NFC championship game was played at Candlestick. No crowd noise to deal with and maybe a little bit of home officiating advantage. The Niners played well in Seattle and had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter despite defensive breakdowns and two turnovers. You just cannot give up a huge pass play on a broken play, play soft on 3rd and 22 and allow the TE to get an esy 15 yard completion. That gave the Seahawks an opportunity to go on 4th and 7 which resulted in a TD that gave them the lead they never relinquished.

Agreed. Seattle has never beaten the 49ers at The Stick in the Harbaugh era. It was three turnovers, by the way.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Seattle has never beaten the 49ers at The Stick in the Harbaugh era. It was three turnovers, by the way.

Thanks. I wasn't counting the last interception because that sealed the win for Seattle. That is why it is imperative for the Niners to win all games out of the division. Home field is so important especially since Seattle is in our division.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe there would have been safety followed by a kickoff return and a muffed punt? I like our chances in Candlestick more, but there are many factors here.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the noncall against Seattle in their divisional game against the Saints. It was almost the exact same hit on Brees, maybe even worse, he fumbled on that play also, but there was no call.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the noncall against Seattle in their divisional game against the Saints. It was almost the exact same hit on Brees, maybe even worse, he fumbled on that play also, but there was no call.

Yeah, so don't blame Brees, blame Seattle and the refs. Same QB, same hit with two different results. :\

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually 2 is correct because the last TO was the game ender. No chance at that point to come back

No, it wasn't the game ender. Seattle ran three plays after the third turnover. They could have pulled a "Herman Edwards".

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so don't blame Brees, blame Seattle and the refs. Same QB, same hit with two different results. :\

But drew brees cried about it after the Brooks hit. Then he cried about it some more at the press conference. He's a bitch.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers1.jpg

Isn't it crazy that one bad call in the middle of the season more than likely determined the Super Bowl winner?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But drew brees cried about it after the Brooks hit. Then he cried about it some more at the press conference. He's a bitch.

Yeah, he did follow it up, it's just that he didn't cause the whistle. Say what you will about the NFL's zealousness over the BountyGate matter, but he wasn't someone to stop it. Plus, he didn't take a paycut to sign his teammates, not that I should/could really blame him. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he did.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that play gets called correctly, the NFC Championship game is played ay Candlestick. The Seahawks have never won there in the Harbaugh era.

I assume all teams try to win every game, but maybe they would've fought harder against Arizona? So we don't know, but yes, I'd like the calls to be called quickly

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he did follow it up, it's just that he didn't cause the whistle. Say what you will about the NFL's zealousness over the BountyGate matter, but he wasn't someone to stop it. Plus, he didn't take a paycut to sign his teammates, not that I should/could really blame him. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he did.

I just don't like brees. Great QB, but he bothers me. I think he is a cry baby, and even though he is probably a good guy... he seems to play it up so much.