• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The plans for the Arlington Park

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still watching regardless.
I as well figured a dome......I just cant wrap my mind around the Bears playing indoors......It just doesnt seem right.
As far as the entertainment district,not sure what thats all about,but Im sure there will be more info soon.....

As far as being a host for the SB,I dont give a shit,no effing way will I pay the outlandish price for those tix.....(let alone tix to a regular season game)....I went to Glendale Az back in 07 for the Pats/ NYG SB( Tyree catch),to stay at a buddies place,tix were 2500 apiece from scalpers back then.....EFF THAT!!!!
We opted to party at the Westgate Mall which was across the steet from the stadium........talk about chaos.
We went to the SB experience the night before,and it was just ok,great for kids tho.

So I wonder what tix prices will be in another 10-12years from now when it opens.....

Yeah...I live a couple hours from Miami and looked up tix to Bears/Colts. I think it was $2200 per for nosebleeds...So $4400 for my wife and I to go. We had a Super Bowl party at the house instead. God I would have hated myself if I had paid $4400 to get soaked and see the Bears lose. Peak misery right there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I live a couple hours from Miami and looked up tix to Bears/Colts. I think it was $2200 per for nosebleeds...So $4400 for my wife and I to go. We had a Super Bowl party at the house instead. God I would have hated myself if I had paid $4400 to get soaked and see the Bears lose. Peak misery right there.
The way I look at it is watching a game in the stadium, especially the SB, is for the elite or the lucky few who win some tix. I'm perfectly happy watching the games from home or at the local watering hole, and making my world famous chili on SB day.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, had to hit up page 2 on our Bears SportsHoopla forum before finding this original thread regarding the new site:

I love renderings, they're always so......perfect.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with a dome. I've been to Lambeau Field for a playoff game back in 2019. Not a nice way to watch a game. Nor was the 1.5 hour drive in the snow storm back to the near by hotel. I know the latter part really wouldn't be different.

Without money to assist the build from State Government I can see cost being a factor.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with a dome. I've been to Lambeau Field for a playoff game back in 2019. Not a nice way to watch a game. Nor was the 1.5 hour drive in the snow storm back to the near by hotel. I know the latter part really wouldn't be different.

Without money to assist the build from State Government I can see cost being a factor.
Naming rights are going for about 250 million for a 19 or so year term, so they can ask for that up front. That might be 10% of the build.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is the family plans to name the stadium after George Halas.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya,thats 4400 just to start out with........add in the few extras......no thanjs

Even to drink where us three were at,drinks were outlandish,pay to get in and crodwed as hell.......
Although you never know who you will see walking by......I actually bumped shoulders with Matt Lienhart and his entourage as they headed to the VIP section in Margaritaville.......

I remember some bar there was charging 500 per to get in cause their two special guests bartending was Braylon Edwards and forgot the other guy......
Everyone gets during those games gets in the act....greed is all it is.....its not for me.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, had to dig back four pages to find the new stadium-related thread:

Concept looks gorgeous, but if anything, the traffic and parking issues at the lakefront, which already sucked, should be even worse. And to my knowledge, Arlington Park still isn't completely out of the picture yet.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conventional wisdom is that dome teams are softer and outdoor teams, particularly in real winter cities, are tougher and win more playoff games. So, the Bears should be good, right? They have a 1-1 Superbowl record.

It's not the stadium. It's the team and its owners. Sorry, they suck.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conventional wisdom is that dome teams are softer and outdoor teams, particularly in real winter cities, are tougher and win more playoff games. So, the Bears should be good, right? They have a 1-1 Superbowl record.

It's not the stadium. It's the team and its owners. Sorry, they suck.
Uh, not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand, but to say our team sucks when your team had the 3rd worst record last season isn't exactly great timing on your part.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand, but to say our team sucks when your team had the 3rd worst record last season isn't exactly great timing on your part.
I'm taking the long-term view. My team has lost the GOAT and the GOAT-coach after winning how many Superbowls? And consider who's drafting first on Thursday.

I was talking about the long-term benefits of playing outdoors in colder football climates. I think that's the way the game was always supposed to be played.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the way the game was always supposed to be played.

Well,Im in agreement with that.......

But times are changing,either for better or worse.......

Ive sat out there in those cold December days at thee old Doldier Field back in the 80s,and it wasnt fun.........
Just hope somehow they can keep a natural grass,and not the new fandangled artificial tuef they got going these days........

Ps......I never read the story just seen the pics,,so I dont know what type of field they will have,nor the parking,but damn that stadium looks sweet........love the see thru roof......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Warren was on the score this morning. saying it increases costs 150-200 million dollars for every year it gets delayed.

What is the capacity? You are not getting a superbowl with another 60k seat stadium, and a complete side of suites sure takes away for a normal regular fan and maybe 20,000 seats.

Think a stadium plan more generic would have been a better approach. This is what we want to build. Let us know if it will be in Chicago or Arlington Heights.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking the long-term view. My team has lost the GOAT and the GOAT-coach after winning how many Superbowls? And consider who's drafting first on Thursday.

I was talking about the long-term benefits of playing outdoors in colder football climates. I think that's the way the game was always supposed to be played.

Long-term view is what you want? Ok then.

Your team would be the third wheel in the NFC North in terms of championships.

Kiss the rings b*tch.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 5 outdoor teams have heated fields: Steelers, Packers, Broncos, Eagles and KC, which raise the field temp to about 50°. Most other teams have heated benches, etc for the players.

Fans pay well over $100 to freeze.