• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The plans for the Arlington Park

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an early release of plans the Bears have for developing Arlington Park. There are several renditions, but it's the 3rd one providing an aerial schematic that offers a good idea as to how they intend on developing the site.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the above linked article made any specific reference to the type of stadium build, altho we've all suspected a domed stadium or something along the lines of a retractable roof. This article from ESPN claims it will be a dome:

No mentioning any type of retractable roof, altho it doesn't directly claim there won't be. But my guess at this point is it will be domed only.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the above linked article made any specific reference to the type of stadium build, altho we've all suspected a domed stadium or something along the lines of a retractable roof. This article from ESPN claims it will be a dome:

No mentioning any type of retractable roof, altho it doesn't directly claim there won't be. But my guess at this point is it will be domed only.

It better be retractable...there is no way they can pussify the Bears by making it a dome only stadium...that's not an option in my opinion.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better be retractable...there is no way they can pussify the Bears by making it a dome only stadium...that's not an option in my opinion.

What if we blow a horn every now and again? That usually makes the indoor thing more palatable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt this will happen. Adds a ton of expense and I'm not sure if a retractable roof is doable in a cold climate. There might be issues related to the weather which would either make this a non-starter or even if it could be a go, add even more expense. The Bears intend on making this a year-round stadium, holding a lot more events than a batch of football games and warm weather concerts. My hope for the ultimate compromise is they stick with a real grass field that can be moved outdoors like they have for the AZ and LV stadiums. Not banking on that either tho.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt this will happen. Adds a ton of expense and I'm not sure if a retractable roof is doable in a cold climate. There might be issues related to the weather which would either make this a non-starter or even if it could be a go, add even more expense. The Bears intend on making this a year-round stadium, holding a lot more events than a batch of football games and warm weather concerts. My hope for the ultimate compromise is they stick with a real grass field that can be moved outdoors like they have for the AZ and LV stadiums. Not banking on that either tho.
Isn't the reason a little different in AZ and LV as far as moving it outdoors?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the reason a little different in AZ and LV as far as moving it outdoors?
That's my guess, which is why I'm not banking on it happening. Both AZ and LV have the advantage of moderate winters along with plenty of sunshine. Chitown doesn't. I'd love to see it happen, as I'm a fan of natural grass. But for these possible reasons, it would probably be difficult to pull it off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick to my stomach that we're going to have a dome... but I saw it coming.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick to my stomach that we're going to have a dome... but I saw it coming.
There's still an outside possibility of a retractable roof. But I think the chances of the Bears going forward with that are barely past zero.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still an outside possibility of a retractable roof. But I think the chances of the Bears going forward with that are barely past zero.
Scratch that:

Phillips said the stadium would be fully enclosed, and a retractable roof would not be in the cards. The Bears have done their homework on retractable roofs and believe the costs are "prohibitive" and "the return isn't there." Phillips used U.S. Bank Stadium in Minnesota as an example of a fully enclosed stadium that makes you feel like you're outside even though it's enclosed.

At least we now know.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are gonna be a dome team.......??.......,ugh

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit more detail than what's been previous written on the proposed stadium:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no it’s gonna be a dome. With nice amenities and lots of parking. And the field will be nice.

Gonna miss all those games we won because of “Bear weather” though. Years and years of wins just piling up because we play outdoors in the cold.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing the dome is getting a little more support this rainy, monsoon morning.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no it’s gonna be a dome. With nice amenities and lots of parking. And the field will be nice.

Gonna miss all those games we won because of “Bear weather” though. Years and years of wins just piling up because we play outdoors in the cold.

Bear weather means nothing,we all know that.....its just a moniker.....kinda like the frozen tundra,its just a moniler,means nothing......
Im kinda saddened because football always been outside in the elements ,its the way football was intended to be played in.......
Yesterdays game between Alabama and Texas,they played in 120 degrees on the field weather.......Didnt hear any crying about we need a dome to cool things down.....

Players and fans need to quit being pussies,ITS FUCKING FOOTBALL people.........

The reason I will not go to a game any more,the cost......its ridiculous.
What do you think is gonna happen when the new stadium is built......?.....even more ridiculous.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear weather means nothing,we all know that.....its just a moniker.....kinda like the frozen tundra,its just a moniler,means nothing......
Im kinda saddened because football always been outside in the elements ,its the way football was intended to be played in.......
Yesterdays game between Alabama and Texas,they played in 120 degrees on the field weather.......Didnt hear any crying about we need a dome to cool things down.....

Players and fans need to quit being pussies,ITS FUCKING FOOTBALL people.........

The reason I will not go to a game any more,the cost......its ridiculous.
What do you think is gonna happen when the new stadium is built......?.....even more ridiculous.
you must not be paying attention to the pussification of America. Participation ribbons and an excuse for doing anything wrong. Fans are more concerned about cell reception and being at the correct body temperature, which is like 68 in the summer and 78 in the winter, staying dry and not getting sun burnt.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as outdoorsy as anybody when it comes to football, but it boggles the mind to think that there was any chance the Bears would build a brand new stadium and make it exclusively outdoors. There was hope that perhaps one could be built with a retractable roof, but personally I was always suspicious they would opt for this, if for no other reason than the cost. Guess from moment one when they bought the Arlington Race Track property that I knew deep down at the very least the new stadium was going to be enclosed. And I'm still holding out a slim ray of hope that the filed is movable outside to the elements to it can be a grass field. But again not counting on it.

And I'm fine with all this, just as all diehard fans will be fine with how the Bears proceed to build the new stadium and develop the land around it. Because when it's all said and done, the new stadium and the adjacent entertainment district will be one of the NFL's crown jewels. Also, figure either the year the stadium is game ready or no later than the year after, we will be hosting the Super Bowl.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as outdoorsy as anybody when it comes to football, but it boggles the mind to think that there was any chance the Bears would build a brand new stadium and make it exclusively outdoors. There was hope that perhaps one could be built with a retractable roof, but personally I was always suspicious they would opt for this, if for no other reason than the cost. Guess from moment one when they bought the Arlington Race Track property that I knew deep down at the very least the new stadium was going to be enclosed. And I'm still holding out a slim ray of hope that the filed is movable outside to the elements to it can be a grass field. But again not counting on it.

And I'm fine with all this, just as all diehard fans will be fine with how the Bears proceed to build the new stadium and develop the land around it. Because when it's all said and done, the new stadium and the adjacent entertainment district will be one of the NFL's crown jewels. Also, figure either the year the stadium is game ready or no later than the year after, we will be hosting the Super Bowl.

I as well figured a dome......I just cant wrap my mind around the Bears playing indoors......It just doesnt seem right.
As far as the entertainment district,not sure what thats all about,but Im sure there will be more info soon.....

As far as being a host for the SB,I dont give a shit,no effing way will I pay the outlandish price for those tix.....(let alone tix to a regular season game)....I went to Glendale Az back in 07 for the Pats/ NYG SB( Tyree catch),to stay at a buddies place,tix were 2500 apiece from scalpers back then.....EFF THAT!!!!
We opted to party at the Westgate Mall which was across the steet from the stadium........talk about chaos.
We went to the SB experience the night before,and it was just ok,great for kids tho.

So I wonder what tix prices will be in another 10-12years from now when it opens.....