• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pats penalty for deflategate.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it will be? I know most feel it will be a slap on the wrist. I don't. The NFL has taken it sweet time investigating this. Most think it is because they think the NFL didn't want to take away from the SB or draft. I think it's because Goodell is about about to lay the hammer on the Pats and wanted to cross his Ts and dot his i.
Goodell is getting ready to take away Krafts clout in the league. With good reason, Kraft has been using his position has pay master to lead Goodell around by his nose, but this time he over stepped. Brady out right cheated. He pressured the equipment folks to actually let air out of ball after they were checked. That's pretty damning and then Kraft has the balls to complain in public?

The hammer is coming down.

Brady suspended for the year.
Pats lose a first round draft picked and are fined.
Kraft gets kicked off the committee that decides Goodell pay.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL should apologize for questioning Brady. Plain and simple. He said he didn't do anything wrong and you just have to believe him.

IOW nothing, game over. Just like Hillary there is no evidence to convict.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their opponents get to use NERF balls next season? :noidea:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel bad for Brady. In a matter of a day his reputation went down the drain and he likely lost his endorsement deal with Ugg Boots for Men. Can you even imagine going through that?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel bad for Brady. In a matter of a day his reputation went down the drain and he likely lost his endorsement deal with Ugg Boots for Men. Can you even imagine going through that?
Haha too funny! I have no idea what they'll do but why would BB get off especially after they told Peyton that it's his job to know and he got a year? Brady lied through his teeth which should hurt him. The owner arrogantly went out of his way to make the NFL look like an ass. It's all bad...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it will be? I know most feel it will be a slap on the wrist. I don't. The NFL has taken it sweet time investigating this. Most think it is because they think the NFL didn't want to take away from the SB or draft. I think it's because Goodell is about about to lay the hammer on the Pats and wanted to cross his Ts and dot his i.
Goodell is getting ready to take away Krafts clout in the league. With good reason, Kraft has been using his position has pay master to lead Goodell around by his nose, but this time he over stepped. Brady out right cheated. He pressured the equipment folks to actually let air out of ball after they were checked. That's pretty damning and then Kraft has the balls to complain in public?

The hammer is coming down.

Brady suspended for the year.
Pats lose a first round draft picked and are fined.
Kraft gets kicked off the committee that decides Goodell pay.
Then to top it off, Brady decides he like the "me time, with his fine wife" and retires.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't do themselves any favors by being uncooperative during the investigation. It probably won't be too harsh though.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total speculation on what I think the punishment will be (not what I think it should be):

$500k fine for Brady, not for the action, but the cover up and failure to "fully cooperate." Plus a 1-2 game suspension, that will be overturned on "appeal," resulting in none (hurts NFL bottom line too much)

The equipment/locker room guys with the funny-assed texts will be fired by the Pats, at the "suggestion" of the league office.

$1 million fine for the team.

Again, total speculation, based on nothing but a gut feel.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably agree to vacate the championship. I doubt Brady, Belichek or Craft want a tainted title.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total speculation on what I think the punishment will be (not what I think it should be):

$500k fine for Brady, not for the action, but the cover up and failure to "fully cooperate." Plus a 1-2 game suspension, that will be overturned on "appeal," resulting in none (hurts NFL bottom line too much)

The equipment/locker room guys with the funny-assed texts will be fired by the Pats, at the "suggestion" of the league office.

$1 million fine for the team.

Again, total speculation, based on nothing but a gut feel.
Not this time. It's going to be harsh.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this time. It's going to be harsh.

Could be, stands to some reason, but I'm gonna guess the league office has had enough drama for the last year, and minimizes the fines, etc. to let this die quietly in the wind. Just too much bad PR for the league over the last year, I'm guessing.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, stands to some reason, but I'm gonna guess the league office has had enough drama for the last year, and minimizes the fines, etc. to let this die quietly in the wind. Just too much bad PR for the league over the last year, I'm guessing.

Did this also work in favor of the Saints? (Who never cheated)

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did this also work in favor of the Saints? (Who never cheated)

No, not at all. I thought the Saints penalty was over the top, really. But, my point was just that there's been some nightmare-type PR for the league lately, which wasn't around at the time of "Bounty-gate" (as far as I recall), and Roger's gonna want to try to let this one die as quietly as he can. Who knows, of course I could be wrong, I usually am, heh heh. :suds:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL mandates Gisele have the secks with me for an undisclosed amount of time while Tom sits in the corner and cries and BB cups my balls

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see we're not going to deny that the Patriots are not held to the standard all other teams are held to.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL mandates Gisele have the secks with me for an undisclosed amount of time while Tom sits in the corner and cries and BB cups my balls

You crave buttsecks with Tom. And it's disgusting too.