• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots latest cheating allegations a go-go super poll of plausible deniability

Which of the following is true about the Patriots and this latest series of magically appearing NFL

• The Patriots were caught bugging players hotel rooms. Bugs were found after sweeps.

• The Patriots stole team play sheets of 1st 15 plays.. They were caught doing so.

• The Patriots were caught sending fake reporters into opposing locker rooms to steal info.

• The Patriots were caught rummaging thru players hotel rooms trash for info.

• The Patriots were caught jamming opposing teams communications.

• The Patriots have mind fucked the entire league. By kickoff, they were/are already in teams heads.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had said that I was moving on from deflategate. A couple of Patriot posters challenged why McDaneils was fired from the Broncos so I pointed out that it was a lot about him causing a bad light on the team from a cheating scandal. Not sure where I was being the very thing I was challenging.
:suds:
Soon there will be actual plays & games to hammer hot sports opinion about

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
Soon there will be actual plays & games to hammer hot sports opinion about

Very much am looking forward to football kicking off tomorrow. This has been a very long off season for sure.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were fined on two separate occasions for salary cap shenanigans between 1996 and 1998. The first punishments were announced in 2001 and the second in 2004. Their fines totaled a staggering $1,918,000 and they lost a total of two third-round draft picks.

Specifically: In December 2001, the league imposed a fine of $968,000 and stripped the Broncos of a third-round pick in the 2002 draft. The punishment arose from cap violations relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

In September 2004, the NFL hit the Broncos again for $950,000 and a third-round pick in the 2005 draft. These sanctions related to cap violations occurring between 1996 and 1998.
You sure the Broncos are "clean"?

This incident centered on timing of cash inflows and outflows, at a time when there was a substantial amount of outflow activity, in the manner of capital expenditures on the new stadium. It actually had nothing at all to do with the salary cap. It had to do with the way cash was disbursed from the organization to the players, and the deferrals the players took were too team-friendly, per the letter of the CBA law. The Broncos organization had a good relationship with its players, and they agreed to take the deferrals, but those provisions of the CBA were intended to protect players from bad owners.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say different in either of those posts? I said that the cheating was the LAST major incident. That would mean there were others before that such as letting certain players go that he probably shouldn't have, or that the team started losing quite a bit. All those things added together lead to his firing. The cheating though was the last straw. He had been given a lot of leeway because he was young and the Broncos wanted to give him a chance. The owner though saw that the fans were very upset about him cheating and made a decision that it was time to part ways.
All I'm saying is unless you would like me to read into your post I didn't see anything with regard to his record as a HC. It was all direcetd at his "incident" and his behavior. No big deal. We can both move on and talk football instead of any of this crap.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you get called out for not knowing how time works, then "have to run?"

nice vagina. its tight.
Dude I'm on vacation I don't sit in my mom's basement and post all day get a life! Also learn how to read McDaniels was fined for filming when he was coach of the Broncos not back in the early 2000's proves that he learned this under BB.

If this article is false why aren't the pats taking ESPN to court for libel? I would if this were all lies...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had said that I was moving on from deflategate. A couple of Patriot posters challenged why McDaneils was fired from the Broncos so I pointed out that it was a lot about him causing a bad light on the team from a cheating scandal. Not sure where I was being the very thing I was challenging.
Ok, so you and your equal, Malibu agree. Glad we got that. We know where the 2 of you clones stand.
Welcome to your new image. Can we move on to football?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is the "all of the above" choice?

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should teams do to stop the Broncos from cheating?

PED/Substance abusers:

Now, I will tackle this case by case:

Daryl Gardener: Didn't play the whole year with Denver. Out of the league the next year.
Lee Flowers: Only one year with Denver. Wasn't a starter.
Adrian Madise: Only one year with Denver. Another non-starter.
Todd Sauerbrun: If you mean the 2006 season, then he was with New England. Paul Ernster was Denver's punter that season.
Kenny Peterson, Virgil Green, and D.J. Williams: Fair enough.
Ryan McBean: If you mean the 2012 season, he wasn't on Denver that year.
Quentin Saulsberry: Deep reserve or practice squad.
As for the last three, they served (or will serve their suspensions). The Broncos were held accountable. The Pats, on the other hand, got away with a lot in the Spygate and Deflategate incidents.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I will tackle this case by case:

Daryl Gardener: Didn't play the whole year with Denver. Out of the league the next year.
Lee Flowers: Only one year with Denver. Wasn't a starter.
Adrian Madise: Only one year with Denver. Another non-starter.
Todd Sauerbrun: If you mean the 2006 season, then he was with New England. Paul Ernster was Denver's punter that season.
Kenny Peterson, Virgil Green, and D.J. Williams: Fair enough.
Ryan McBean: If you mean the 2012 season, he wasn't on Denver that year.
Quentin Saulsberry: Deep reserve or practice squad.
As for the last three, they served (or will serve their suspensions). The Broncos were held accountable. The Pats, on the other hand, got away with a lot in the Spygate and Deflategate incidents.

So your reaction to a list of cheaters on your favorite team is to start by distinguishing that some of them weren't very good and therefore who cares if they cheated? So you're already making excuses. "It's okay for a Bronco player to cheat if that player isn't very good."

You're also wrong about Sauerbrun. "On July 7, 2006, Sauerbrun was suspended for the first four games of the NFL season after testing positive for the banned dietary supplement ephedra. On October 17, 2006, the day he was supposed to come back from his suspension, Denver cut him in favor of punter Paul Ernster."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your reaction to a list of cheaters on your favorite team is to start by distinguishing that some of them weren't very good and therefore who cares if they cheated? So you're already making excuses. "It's okay for a Bronco player to cheat if that player isn't very good."

You're also wrong about Sauerbrun. "On July 7, 2006, Sauerbrun was suspended for the first four games of the NFL season after testing positive for the banned dietary supplement ephedra. On October 17, 2006, the day he was supposed to come back from his suspension, Denver cut him in favor of punter Paul Ernster."
"well he wasnt a starter"
"well he was only there for a year"
"he was only a deep reserve"

lmfao

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"well he wasnt a starter"
"well he was only there for a year"
"he was only a deep reserve"

lmfao

It's ridiculous.

"My team doesn't cheat. . . .well at least the good players on my team don't cheat . . . and if they do, they're typically punished."

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous.

"My team doesn't cheat. . . .well at least the good players on my team don't cheat . . . and if they do, they're typically punished."
its ridiculous and lacks logic of any kind.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sauerbrun ended up with the Patriots that year after his suspension ran out.

And, I'm not saying that it's OK for bad players to cheat. I'm just saying that their cheating didn't help the overall performance of the team since they weren't starters or regular contributors.

Also, use of extra-curricular substances has been going on in pro football for over 50 years, as reported in this article:

The Steelers, Steroids, and Profound Misconceptions | Bleacher Report

According to the author, steroid use started in pro football with the 1963 Chargers, who had a strength coach by the name of Alvin Roy. Here is an excerpt from this article:

Per ESPN's article, Hall of Fame offensive tackle Ron Mix states,

"I still remember his speech, almost verbatim....He said, 'Because you're going to be lifting weights in addition to working out twice a day, you're going to need more protein.' And he said, 'When I was a trainer for the U.S. team in the Olympics, I learned a secret from those Rooskies.' And he held up a bottle of pink pills, and he says, 'This stuff is called Dianabol and it's going to help assimilate protein and you'll be taking it every day.' And, sure enough, it showed up on our training tables in cereal bowls."

Per Mix, the team that year made it "mandatory" that the players took Roy's pills with each meal.

"I think less than 5 percent of the guys never took them," says Paul Maguire, a former linebacker and punter and longtime announcer who now works for ESPN. "No one really understood what it was supposed to do for you. They just told you if you use this and lift weights, it will all come together. But if you weren't going to lift weights, you weren't going to take the pills."

Translation: 95% of the Chargers were taking the roids.

This goes against the misconception that the Steelers introduced steroids to the NFL. It was rampant all around the league, and the use of extra-curricular substances is probably still pretty widespread today. Every team has abusers.

I will tell you what every team was not doing, though: What the Pats were doing (at least not to the level that they were doing it. And, I know that Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cowher said that everyone does it, but they work for the league, so I don't buy it). It possibly netted them three Super Bowls, and maybe even four.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you and your equal, Malibu agree. Glad we got that. We know where the 2 of you clones stand.
Welcome to your new image. Can we move on to football?

Clones LOL now that's funny considering all you Patriots fans are the same. Denial, deflection, and actually think the Patriots won games fairly. "Free Hernandez" right? :L "Everyone is doing it" Right? :L Of course you want to move on to football because the Patriot's cheating threads are pissing you off and deep down you know your little hero Tom Brady and the whole Patriots organization believe in the same thing as you do. Win at all costs. Peace.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the drivel, "free Hernandez" is particularly puzzling as I've yet to see anyone utter any such thing. I suppose envy causes one to create their own reality as they accuse Pats fan of the very same.

Malibu, please find me one quote by any hooplan making that statement.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the drivel, "free Hernandez" is particularly puzzling as I've yet to see anyone utter any such thing. I suppose envy causes one to create their own reality as they accuse Pats fan of the very same.

It's all he has. Tired of getting his ass whipped by TB and company. Probably still butt hurt from that embarrassing SB loss. Let him vent with his free Hernandez crap. It's all he has.
Personally I wouldn't group cdumler7 in the same group. Cdumler is usually a pretty good poster. May have been off his meds this week:D? Normally, he doesn't get into the bickering as much as he has done this last week:noidea:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a small group of fans (might have even been primarily women) that had a thing for Hernandez. Maybe some gang-banger types too.

But otherwise it's another "I'm an idiot" Gold Star for the Patriots Haters...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a dope be like saying that Denver fans condone Colombine massacre or the guy who killed those people at a Batman showing in Colorado, wtf

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clones LOL now that's funny considering all you Patriots fans are the same. Denial, deflection, and actually think the Patriots won games fairly. "Free Hernandez" right? :L "Everyone is doing it" Right? :L Of course you want to move on to football because the Patriot's cheating threads are pissing you off and deep down you know your little hero Tom Brady and the whole Patriots organization believe in the same thing as you do. Win at all costs. Peace.
Bandwagon bitch of Syracuse, Broncos and Florida expressing criticism of Patriots fans who are always behind their team - seems about right......

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon bitch of Syracuse, Broncos and Florida expressing criticism of Patriots fans who are always behind their team - seems about right......

Syracuse with violations resulting in recruiting restrictions and 5 years on probation because of Boeheim, Denver no need to go there and Gators wanting for ex player Hernandez to be freed. Talk about a hypocrite and this kid doesn't even live in a glass house but a bubble one and wants to hurl stones