• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Patriots latest cheating allegations a go-go super poll of plausible deniability

Which of the following is true about the Patriots and this latest series of magically appearing NFL

• The Patriots were caught bugging players hotel rooms. Bugs were found after sweeps.

• The Patriots stole team play sheets of 1st 15 plays.. They were caught doing so.

• The Patriots were caught sending fake reporters into opposing locker rooms to steal info.

• The Patriots were caught rummaging thru players hotel rooms trash for info.

• The Patriots were caught jamming opposing teams communications.

• The Patriots have mind fucked the entire league. By kickoff, they were/are already in teams heads.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Patriot fans hate Goodell, when just a few years ago he bent over backwards to cover up all their cheating. Even literally asking Mike Martz to lie about the Patriots and say they weren't cheating.
Nice use of the word "few". The only thing "fewer" is the last time Buffalo made the playoffs and of course their number of Lombardi's:clap:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His firing wouldn't have anything to do with this would it?
McDaniels has a career head coaching record of 11-17, but is just 5-17 since a 6-0 start to the 2009 season. His decisions to trade Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, as well as draft Tim Tebow, drew plenty of scrutiny, and eventually, it seems, he dug himself too deep a grave.
Nope that doesn't support all the conspiracy theories one bit.

I never said the cheating allegations were the only reason he was fired. I said they were a big reason that he was fired. For fans they were already growing tired of McDaniels and his ridiculouslness especially as a GM. When the cheating thing happened though is when Season Ticket holders started boycotting Broncos games. That is when owner Pat Bowlen stepped in. He listened to the fans that they wouldn't stand for it and neither would he.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't take extra precautions worrying about the Broncos and whether they are cheating. The last major incident the Broncos had was with McDaniels trying to do exactly what the Patriots have done in the past. Unlike the Patriots where they kept BB the Broncos fired McDaniels shortly after showing a clear sign that they would not tolerate such behavior especially from a coach. I'm not saying my team is perfect but in all of these incidents involving coaches or FO people they have been fired almost immediately. Your coach is encouraged to just keep it going.

I never said the cheating allegations were the only reason he was fired. I said they were a big reason that he was fired. For fans they were already growing tired of McDaniels and his ridiculouslness especially as a GM. When the cheating thing happened though is when Season Ticket holders started boycotting Broncos games. That is when owner Pat Bowlen stepped in. He listened to the fans that they wouldn't stand for it and neither would he.

Come on cdumler you are better than this. :scratch::rolleyes2:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering why one would use the Wells report in support of one man then turn around and call the Wells report in regards to another? I guess any thing pro pats is great and anything anti pats is complete garbage, is that it?

Yeah. You're not doing well with the reading comprehension.

The complaint against the Wells report has been that it jumped to a conclusion based on minimal evidence and speculation to get Brady to the 51% level of culpability. Whether you disagree with whatever conclusion Wells jumped to about Brady to reach 51%, we know that no matter how many stretches it made, even Wells apparently didn't find enough to get BB to 51%.

I'll explain it in a way you'll understand. Let's say that the town skank will sleep with any guy she sees. She even agrees to sleep with the guy you deem to be the ugliest of your friends, let's call him jarntt. But when you ask her out she turns you down because she says she's not attracted to you. It's fair to assume you are by far the ugliest of your group of friends.

In this analogy, the skank is Wells, jarntt is Brady, and you are BB.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you feel the need for it to continue then go right ahead. I just wish more wanted to actually talk football. I mean we have actual games starting tomorrow and all some of you want to talk about is Deflategate. To me it is one of those say your peace then move on kind of situations. No reason to add more as we already know where everybody stands on this issue. I haven't seen a single mind changed because of what has been said on either side.

And just killing time? Why not talk about the actual game to kill time? Like how much is Bryon Stork your Starting Center going to change things for the OL? Or who you guys will have actually playing WR in the game? Where will both teams try to attack? Those are questions that are worth talking about.

Oh I have been talking football but the conversation is primarily still around the evil Patriots.

Wendell will replace Stork for the short-term and that will be ok (for the short term) because Stork looks to be the real deal in only his sophomore year.

Same for the wide receivers. Edelman, Admendola and Gronk/Chander could be good enough until LaFell gets healthy. This is an opportunity for Dobsen because he will get some chances.. I'm really looking forward to how Gronk and Chandler together can exploit defenses. If Lafell goes on IR it's a much bigger deal.

I'm waiting around because the questions you ask really need real game information at this point. We'll know much more after tomorrow night.

To be honest, every time it seems deflateGate is fading, some reporter brings up some other Patriots crime... It's like crack.

After reading articles this week, they seem primarily a rehash of spygate with the notion that people are still pissed off about it.

I'm personally am long sick of whining athletes who want to blame everything on Belichick because they have a hard time believing they could possibly lose.

"It's just inconceivable!"

The whole thing with Martz besides being forced by Goodell to sign off on Spygate was that he couldn't figure how it happened and he couldn't prove anything but "something wasn't right". Give me a break.

As the season gets going I think the Patriot chatter will tone down. Except if they lose or fumble a football or something! :D

I can't wait for the first Patriots fumble.. Then everyone will be coming out of the woodwork.:rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams don't take extra precautions worrying about the Broncos and whether they are cheating. The last major incident the Broncos had was with McDaniels trying to do exactly what the Patriots have done in the past. Unlike the Patriots where they kept BB the Broncos fired McDaniels shortly after showing a clear sign that they would not tolerate such behavior especially from a coach. I'm not saying my team is perfect but in all of these incidents involving coaches or FO people they have been fired almost immediately. Your coach is encouraged to just keep it going.

Come on cdumler you are better than this. :scratch::rolleyes2:

What did I say different in either of those posts? I said that the cheating was the LAST major incident. That would mean there were others before that such as letting certain players go that he probably shouldn't have, or that the team started losing quite a bit. All those things added together lead to his firing. The cheating though was the last straw. He had been given a lot of leeway because he was young and the Broncos wanted to give him a chance. The owner though saw that the fans were very upset about him cheating and made a decision that it was time to part ways.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,....I remember watching that Brady episode when it was on "prime-time"...?!

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of the following is true about the Patriots and this latest series of magically appearing NFL
  1. The Patriots were caught bugging players hotel rooms. Bugs were found after sweeps.
  2. The Patriots stole team play sheets of 1st 15 plays.. They were caught doing so.
  3. The Patriots were caught sending fake reporters into opposing locker rooms to steal info.
  4. The Patriots were caught rummaging thru players hotel rooms trash for info.
  5. The Patriots were caught jamming opposing teams communications.
  6. The Patriots have mind fucked the entire league. By kickoff, they were/are already in teams heads.
This poll is broken. should be multiple choice.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude don't act like you know the Broncos. First off it took the NFL a little bit of time to make sure that something had happened. It wasn't like they caught them and then that day handed down the fine. Just like everything it takes some time. After the fines were handed down Bowlen gave McDaniels his walking papers. Yes they were losing but up until that moment it did look like the Broncos wanted to give McDaniels one more year as they are not in the business of just firing coaches at the first sign of things going bad. They are not the Raiders. The plan was to give him 3 years. It was the cheating that sent the team to a point where they just couldnt' wait any longer.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Dead on.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say different in either of those posts? I said that the cheating was the LAST major incident. That would mean there were others before that such as letting certain players go that he probably shouldn't have, or that the team started losing quite a bit. All those things added together lead to his firing. The cheating though was the last straw. He had been given a lot of leeway because he was young and the Broncos wanted to give him a chance. The owner though saw that the fans were very upset about him cheating and made a decision that it was time to part ways.

CD not worth it man. Most these Patriots fans can't read and don't just understand. Maybe there still chanting "free Hernandez."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD not worth it man. Most these Patriots fans can't read and don't just understand. Maybe there still chanting "free Hernandez."

Haha I really hope they are not but there are always a few crazy ones out there. As for this situation with McDaniels being fired unless you were reading all the reports during that time coming out of Denver then you just don't understand how upset Bowlen was that the Broncos were being associated with cheating. He really took it very personally. Yes there is more that goes into firing McDaniels than just this one incident but that was the deal breaker.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I really hope they are not but there are always a few crazy ones out there. As for this situation with McDaniels being fired unless you were reading all the reports during that time coming out of Denver then you just don't understand how upset Bowlen was that the Broncos were being associated with cheating. He really took it very personally. Yes there is more that goes into firing McDaniels than just this one incident but that was the deal breaker.

McDaniels cheating was the last thing that had Bowlen finally decide to let that fool go. It wasn't just that but it was the last thing that convinced him to fire his ass. CD you are dead on.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I check in again and you're still hair splitting.
you just can't sit on the sidelines....let it go, soon there will be actual football games and plays to discuss.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just can't sit on the sidelines....let it go, soon there will be actual football games and plays to discuss.

Wait what? Who are you? I'm sorry that I am defending my team. Didn't know that bothered somebody.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yes and with new pats rules every year !

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? Who are you? I'm sorry that I am defending my team. Didn't know that bothered somebody.
whatever floats your boat. It's always funny when some point fingers yet become exactly what they point fingers at when challenged by some yahoo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever floats your boat. It's always funny when some point fingers yet become exactly what they point fingers at when challenged by some yahoo.

I had said that I was moving on from deflategate. A couple of Patriot posters challenged why McDaneils was fired from the Broncos so I pointed out that it was a lot about him causing a bad light on the team from a cheating scandal. Not sure where I was being the very thing I was challenging.