• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just Washington Husky thinking! The one's who kick field goals in Boise.
UW vs their stupid cupcake bullshit FCS team - 49 - 0
ASU vs their stupid cupcake bullshit FCS team - Tied with 5 mins to go in game
:L

Keep trying, but it's not going to work.

I'll comment on any team I like no matter what's going on with my own. Ask me and I'll be honest about my own. You? Seems you are only honest when Mamba says they are hot garbage. This means you have issues, not that the content or who delivers it is a problem. UW's offense as of now won't have much against most Pac teams. True freshman QB with no real stars in skill positions and a patch work young O line. That and a garbage OC. See, it's not that big of a deal to be real about your own team.

If you can't handle us telling you how your team looks either start playing better football or ignore our posts. We aren't going away.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll comment on any team I like no matter what's going on with my own. Ask me and I'll be honest about my own. You? Seems you are only honest when Mamba says they are hot garbage. This means you have issues, not that the content or who delivers it is a problem. UW's offense as of now won't have much against most Pac teams. True freshman QB with no real stars in skill positions and a patch work young O line. That and a garbage OC. See, it's not that big of a deal to be real about your own team.

If you can't handle us telling you how your team looks either start playing better football or ignore our posts. We aren't going away.

Mamba and others have shown their opinions are a bit more valuable than yours. Why should I need tell you how your team looks, you do a good job of it. Your only problem is you think that some are worse but that's just homer attitude. Some might call it excuses but I know you're just an honest and forthright man, you really believe it. But as with you, I'll feel free to comment on any matter I choose. Wouldn't consider ignoring you, your opinion is just too valuable.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention Sac st and cal poly were both 7-5 last year. yes Cal poly won the head to head so what Cal Poly was minimally the better team?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba and others have shown their opinions are a bit more valuable than yours. Why should I need tell you how your team looks, you do a good job of it. Your only problem is you think that some are worse but that's just homer attitude. Some might call it excuses but I know you're just an honest and forthright man, you really believe it. But as with you, I'll feel free to comment on any matter I choose. Wouldn't consider ignoring you, your opinion is just too valuable.
I really have no idea what you just said. Honestly. :lol:

I never said, nor implied, where your team is compared to mine if that's what you are saying. I said ASU seems to underwhelm year after year and thus far doesn't appear to be living up to the hype of this season and frankly I'm sad by that. I've wanted to see ASU bust out for YEARS. I'd love to see a dynamic power struggle in the south. I've been clear as day in how much I can't stand USC. I really don't care if it's UCLA, ASU, Zona.. ANYONE but USC.

So where have I been dumping on your team or saying mine is better? Just hasn't happened.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Sac st and cal poly were both 7-5 last year. yes Cal poly won the head to head so what Cal Poly was minimally the better team?
I really can't stand playing FCS teams. I wish the NCAA would outlaw it or do something to devalue it. You can't win playing them. If you end up 49-0 the story is you did what you are supposed to do against lower talent and you really don't learn anything in terms of what you can do against good talent and if you end up tied late you damage your teams perception and possibly even confidence. There is literally nothing to gain from them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I wasnt the only one confuzzled.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 teams in the North have wins over FBS teams and the Cougs are one of them...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I think of the teams after 2 games.
I still think oregon looks to me about like they always do. their offense wasnt as proficient as last year but MSU still has a very good defense. so its hard to know exactly where they are.
Stanford is still confusing losing to Northwestern, but we dont know where Northwestern is either. beat UCF but they also lost to FIU.
Cal looks improved but beating Grambling isnt any thing special. SDSU should be a solid win if they live up to their expectations.
Wash has so far lost an expected one but looked better doing it than I expected. and won an expected one.
WSU did the opposite losing one I thought they would win and edging out a win against one i thought they would lose.
Oregon State also playing as expected so far.
to me the North is playing out as expected Oregon in the lead Stanford to challenge and Cal the upriser.
USC UCLA have looked like world beaters against teams that were a combined 15-34. Congradulations? The 2 of them combined had more wins last year than all 4 all together. So what do we know about them? not much in my opinion.
Arizona is in the same boat except their 2 lower tier teams actually made games of it.
Utah is playing about as expected beating both their teams including Michigan and a utah State team Im still not sure about either.
Arizona State I dont think so far looks as good as advertised. They could still be a factor in the south but im not sure i buy them as the team to beat.
Colorado is still colorado. they might be a little better than last year since they beat UMASS by more than last year but losing to Hawaii after beating them last year has me scratching my head.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea what you just said. Honestly. :lol:

I never said, nor implied, where your team is compared to mine if that's what you are saying. I said ASU seems to underwhelm year after year and thus far doesn't appear to be living up to the hype of this season and frankly I'm sad by that. I've wanted to see ASU bust out for YEARS. I'd love to see a dynamic power struggle in the south. I've been clear as day in how much I can't stand USC. I really don't care if it's UCLA, ASU, Zona.. ANYONE but USC.

So where have I been dumping on your team or saying mine is better? Just hasn't happened.
The exorcism has been performed and the devil is no more. Good work Huskies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't stand playing FCS teams. I wish the NCAA would outlaw it or do something to devalue it. You can't win playing them. If you end up 49-0 the story is you did what you are supposed to do against lower talent and you really don't learn anything in terms of what you can do against good talent and if you end up tied late you damage your teams perception and possibly even confidence. There is literally nothing to gain from them.

Didn't the first BCS system penalize you for playing a FCS school? At least that's what I thought until unnamed conference wanted the computer formula changed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the first BCS system penalize you for playing a FCS school? At least that's what I thought until unnamed conference wanted the computer formula changed.
Long time ago you only got half credit for a win against them. Now that it is pure voting and no real scoring the impact they have is more fluid and the impact won't be known for a few years.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I penalized teams heavily in my rankings for playing FCS teams.

I treated it as a bye week(small impact on SoS), and then I gave them 0 pts for winning and -100 points for losing. Which were the worst possible scores and even beating the worst FBS teams gave a better result.

It doesn't have a huge effect to be honest because you have 11 or 12 other games that offset it. So if the rest of the schedule is good, it's not going to matter so much.

Also, in the time you are talking about we had 11 game seasons pretty much and it wasn't until they added the 12th game to the schedule that the bulk of FCS teams started getting played.

If they want to get rid of the games, they just need to quit allowing them to count towards being bowl eligible. That's the reason everyone schedules them, it allows more FBS teams to become bowl eligible, and also rewards the middle pack teams who schedule them by making it easier for them to become bowl eligible.

Right now they will only count 1 FCS team towards being bowl eligible. Which is probably the reason some schools don't schedule 2. If they count 0, I bet the majority of those games disappear immediately.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU already not living up to expectations again @Not Neutral? I feel like we had some kind of preseason discussion about that...

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU already not living up to expectations again @Not Neutral? I feel like we had some kind of preseason discussion about that...

Well, refresh my memory, Day Man. I do believe my best prediction was 7 wins but I'm not always sober like you guys from the great NW, although even seven might be a stretch in view of this:

Sep 26 USC #8
Oct 3 @UCLA #13
Oct 10 Colorado
Oct 17 @Utah #24
Oct 29 Oregon #7 10:30 pm

How many PAC teams could win three of those games? So if you intend to carry on the line of under achievement on the part of the Devils, lead on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, TF, ASU lost to TAM and are now 1-1, and the sky is falling. Yes, Sun Devils are running for cover. We're all burning our season tickets and loading the .38. ASU looks like the Trojans who couldn't even defend a hail Mary and blow a short field goal in a loss to Zona with the South on the line. So you know what under achieving is as does every other team in the PAC 12. I value the opinion of one who knows. And here you are again, the pick of the litter. So I have to value one who is also so familiar with under achieving and thank you for your comments. "Live up to expectations". You're good at that as well. We'll talk more about this as the season goes on.

Amazing, you have a vagina full of sand and manage to have your head in the sand at the same time. You're quite the contortionist.

As for underachieving, you need look no further than your Sun Devils to find the foremost experts. Out of all of the times that ASU has been favored and/or expected to challenge for/win the PAC, how many times have they actually accomplished the feat?

You can talk all you want about other teams and other fan bases. It won't change the fact that your Sun Devils virtually never live up to their hype, are not off to a very good start this season and look like they will fall short of expectations........again.

As for which program has underachieved, I'd be happy to compare, PAC championships, Rose Bowl appearances/wins, BCS bowl appearances/wins and national championships if you want.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, refresh my memory, Day Man. I do believe my best prediction was 7 wins but I'm not always sober like you guys from the great NW, although even seven might be a stretch in view of this:

Sep 26 USC #8
Oct 3 @UCLA #13
Oct 10 Colorado
Oct 17 @Utah #24
Oct 29 Oregon #7 10:30 pm

How many PAC teams could win three of those games? So if you intend to carry on the line of under achievement on the part of the Devils, lead on.
Leave the booze out of it. You know the person struggle we've had with one of our kids and alcoholism. Glad to report she has been clean now for 2 years and is back in school at the age of 30. Very pleased, but stay off that topic. It's not going to help you.

There was a lot of hype about ASU. Many pundits have picked them to win the Pac or at least the South. They could still, but just don't look like a team that can live up to those goals. Now whether or not YOU set the bar that high wasn't the point of any of us. Maybe you have a more down to earth view of expectations. Really hard to tell because you go back and forth on things said. They are still obviously dangerous and will win some good games. Things change so who knows, but right now they aren't looking like the media advertised them to be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think oregon looks to me about like they always do. their offense wasnt as proficient as last year but MSU still has a very good defense. so its hard to know exactly where they are.

Oregon is pretty much where all of the non-Duck fans (the honest one's anyway) said they'd be. Looking like they have taken a little bit of a step back. They have plenty of room to improve and likely will improve. They are still the favorites to come out of the PAC, imo.

Stanford is still confusing losing to Northwestern, but we dont know where Northwestern is either. beat UCF but they also lost to FIU.

Agree. They look like an 8-4 type team to me. We'll know a lot more on Saturday when they play USC at the Coliseum.

Wash has so far lost an expected one but looked better doing it than I expected. and won an expected one.
WSU did the opposite losing one I thought they would win and edging out a win against one i thought they would lose.
Oregon State also playing as expected so far.

Agree on all 3. The Huskies have a pretty brutal schedule. Their next 7 games are going to be really tough. They look like they could end up being the proverbial "better than their record shows" type of team.

USC UCLA have looked like world beaters against teams that were a combined 15-34. Congradulations? The 2 of them combined had more wins last year than all 4 all together. So what do we know about them? not much in my opinion.

UCLA looks solid, imo. They beat UVA pretty handily and UVA damn near beat Notre Dame. They did exactly what they were supposed to do vs. UNLV. Rosen looked great against UVA. But looked more like a freshman yesterday.

USC destroyed 2 teams that they were supposed to destroy. I guess you can say they look good because they did what they were supposed to. There'd be some serious questions if either game was close. However, they really didn't prove much else. Just got everybody lots of playing time, including some guys who probably won't see the field again for the rest of the season.

Arizona is in the same boat except their 2 lower tier teams actually made games of it.
Utah is playing about as expected beating both their teams including Michigan and a utah State team Im still not sure about either.
Arizona State I dont think so far looks as good as advertised. They could still be a factor in the south but im not sure i buy them as the team to beat.

Both Arizona schools haven't looked as good as expected. Doesn't mean that neither of them can win the PAC-South, they definitely can, they have the talent. I don't think Utah can win the South, but I think they will upset one or two of the 4 favorites, so they'll have a say in who does win.

Status
Not open for further replies.