• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, you have a vagina full of sand and manage to have your head in the sand at the same time. You're quite the contortionist.

As for underachieving, you need look no further than your Sun Devils to find the foremost experts. Out of all of the times that ASU has been favored and/or expected to challenge for/win the PAC, how many times have they actually accomplished the feat?

You can talk all you want about other teams and other fan bases. It won't change the fact that your Sun Devils virtually never live up to their hype, are not off to a very good start this season and look like they will fall short of expectations........again.

As for which program has underachieved, I'd be happy to compare, PAC championships, Rose Bowl appearances/wins, BCS bowl appearances/wins and national championships if you want.

I think a vote of those who know would pick USC as the most under achieving of the PAC lately. You may have a rich tradition but whether you ever achieve that again remains to be seen. You lost more games in which you were the favorite last year than ASU did, right? How do you define under achievement?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the booze out of it. You know the person struggle we've had with one of our kids and alcoholism. Glad to report she has been clean now for 2 years and is back in school at the age of 30. Very pleased, but stay off that topic. It's not going to help you.

There was a lot of hype about ASU. Many pundits have picked them to win the Pac or at least the South. They could still, but just don't look like a team that can live up to those goals. Now whether or not YOU set the bar that high wasn't the point of any of us. Maybe you have a more down to earth view of expectations. Really hard to tell because you go back and forth on things said. They are still obviously dangerous and will win some good games. Things change so who knows, but right now they aren't looking like the media advertised them to be.

Well DayMan, I was not aware of any personal struggle you may have had, I simply asked you to refresh my memory. You didn't. Doesn't give rise to the insensitivity you are trying to accuse me of.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a vote of those who know would pick USC as the most under achieving of the PAC lately. You may have a rich tradition but whether you ever achieve that again remains to be seen. You lost more games in which you were the favorite last year than ASU did, right? How do you define under achievement?

Yeah, I'm sure it was aaaalllll just underachieving. It's not like USC was playing with 20+ fewer players than any of their opponents. Considering what everyone said the sanctions were supposed to do to us (5-7, 4-8 type seasons) you could make the case that USC actually overachieved during the past few years.

Even if USC has underachieved lately, what does it have to do with the fact that ASU looks set to underachieve yet again?

What's ASU's excuse for their consistent underachievement for the past 15 years?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, refresh my memory, Day Man. I do believe my best prediction was 7 wins but I'm not always sober like you guys from the great NW, although even seven might be a stretch in view of this:

Sep 26 USC #8
Oct 3 @UCLA #13
Oct 10 Colorado
Oct 17 @Utah #24
Oct 29 Oregon #7 10:30 pm

How many PAC teams could win three of those games? So if you intend to carry on the line of under achievement on the part of the Devils, lead on.

The conversation went something like this:

A lot of guys picked UCLA last year. It seems like ASU always seems to get some preseason hype that they don't quite live up to, in recent years anyway...

Two 10 win seasons not good enough??

Two 10 win seasons is just fine, I'd take two of them in the last two years... you can disagree if you feel you guys have lived up to expectations over the past few years.

As far as ASU goes, I realize they have had some solid seasons the past couple years, I was just commenting that it seems like there's always someone who picks them to have a big year and shock the world, or at least the conference, and they haven't....

Where were we when Graham came on? The Devils have exceeded my expectations since then by far. Won the South one year and were in the championship game following year. If your "expectations" are winning it all every year, whoever you are for, I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed. You would have been even more disappointed even if you were a Duck fan the past couple of years.

So what's new? How many different commenters have picked a different team to win the South, ASU, USC, UCLA, UofA, and yes, Utah. Is ASU winning the South and even more such a far out prediction?

No, it's not a far out prediction. Jesus you guys are touchy... I just commented that ASU seems to always get some preseason hype that they don't live up to. Maybe you'll win the Pac and go to the playoff this year, is that better? I wasn't saying I think you guys will suck...

Not touchy, just curious. After two ten win seasons that could have easily been better, ASU is a viable pick. Particularly in the dogfight of a division with five top 25 teams. But essentially I agree with your thinking. Both USC and UCLA will have to roll over for anyone else to have a chance. It could happen.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is pretty much where all of the non-Duck fans (the honest one's anyway) said they'd be. Looking like they have taken a little bit of a step back. They have plenty of room to improve and likely will improve. They are still the favorites to come out of the PAC, imo.

I dont think Oregon has taken a step back. If you look at the two games they produced offensively i game 1 as they should have and came up a less than expected in game 2. but they played the best defense they are going to see all season. MSU only gave up 28 or more 4x last year. Oregon is still sitting at #11 in the country in total Offense. Only behind USC in the conference but pretty sure almost all the teams in the conference would be up there in offense against Ark st and idaho.
on D its looks worse than it is because of game 1. I dont think they played fully in that game keeping blitz packages and such to a min so as to not give MSU a full look. Total D right now is low. both pass and rush D rankings are sitting just behind what they finished at last year. they will have better games along the way (This week likely) and things will start to avg out close to the same numbers.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to this Husky and his buddy IB. "WTF is wrong with that team?" How the F can a Husky ask that question? What a joke.
years of squalor and ineptitude lead to delusions

huskies are priceless idiots

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. husky fans in a baseless argument with another PAC team. surprised? nah

I guess when there is literally nothing to look at in your own yard, you tunnel under the fence and hump the neighbors leg. #woof

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DayMan, I was not aware of any personal struggle you may have had, I simply asked you to refresh my memory. You didn't. Doesn't give rise to the insensitivity you are trying to accuse me of.
I'm not dayman, but if you don't remember the personal conversations you and I have had in PM's about alcohol then that's sad and I won't expand on that any farther.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. husky fans in a baseless argument with another PAC team. surprised? nah

I guess when there is literally nothing to look at in your own yard, you tunnel under the fence and hump the neighbors leg. #woof
Look dumbass, even Mamba has already chimed in and agreed. You are looking even more stupid than normal. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Oregon has taken a step back. If you look at the two games they produced offensively i game 1 as they should have and came up a less than expected in game 2. but they played the best defense they are going to see all season. MSU only gave up 28 or more 4x last year. Oregon is still sitting at #11 in the country in total Offense. Only behind USC in the conference but pretty sure almost all the teams in the conference would be up there in offense against Ark st and idaho.
on D its looks worse than it is because of game 1. I dont think they played fully in that game keeping blitz packages and such to a min so as to not give MSU a full look. Total D right now is low. both pass and rush D rankings are sitting just behind what they finished at last year. they will have better games along the way (This week likely) and things will start to avg out close to the same numbers.

I disagree. The offense, especially yesterday, missed on plays that they likely would not have if they still had Mariota back there. No matter how you slice it, that's a step back. It's to be expected, he's been on campus all of 4 weeks. Or do you think MSU wins that game even if Mariota is there?

Outside of points scored and points given up, stats don't mean a whole lot. After all, Oregon may be #11 offensively, but they're still 1-1.

The MSU defense is very good. I doubt they will be the best defense you see all year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The offense, especially yesterday, missed on plays that they likely would not have if they still had Mariota back there. No matter how you slice it, that's a step back. It's to be expected, he's been on campus all of 4 weeks. Or do you think MSU wins that game even if Mariota is there?

Outside of points scored and points given up, stats don't mean a whole lot. After all, Oregon may be #11 offensively, but they're still 1-1.

The MSU defense is very good. I doubt they will be the best defense you see all year.
Who has a better or at least equal defense to MSU in the conference that Oregon has on their slate this year in your mind? Oregon has got away with looking like world beaters only to lose to some of the big teams precisely because there isn't a lot of strong D in our conference over the last decade.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look dumbass, even Mamba has already chimed in and agreed. You are looking even more stupid than normal. :L

perhaps I should go back and read the last ten pages of your little squabble? nah. get over yourself. quit taking everything so seriously, i really don't care about your fued with anyone.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that we'd talk about a pac 12 team in the pac 12 thread. We must suck...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oregon might see a team who finishes with a better pass D ranking or a better run D ranking but not a better overall D ranking.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised duck fans aren't jizzing all over this bitch with Mariota having one of the greatest first halves for a first game of a QB in league history. No, instead it's more defensiveness and dwelling on their husky hate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has a better or at least equal defense to MSU in the conference that Oregon has on their slate this year in your mind? Oregon has got away with looking like world beaters only to lose to some of the big teams precisely because there isn't a lot of strong D in our conference over the last decade.

Based on talent, I expect USC's defense to be at least as good as MSU. Inexperience at some spots might be a concern, but overall talent, they should be about as good as anyone.

Stanford's offense looks to be a problem, but I think their defense is stout. The problem is that if they don't develop an offense, Oregon will end up beating them by a score that will make their defense look much worse than it is.

If Arizona gets Scooby back and they or UCLA make the CCG, I think those defenses will match up just fine with what MSU has. Although Vanderdoes is a big loss for the Bruins.

For that matter, if ASU starts playing to the level of their talent, they should have a pretty good defense as well.

Problem is, all of those defenses have to play in the PAC, so they may not look as good statistically as they actually are.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oregons losses over they years have pretty much all been to teams that finish ranked Arizona and Ohio State last year, Stanford in 13, Stanford in 12, LSU and USC in 11, Auburn in 10
Arizona 13 is pretty much the only exception.
But Oregon has also beat a lot of ranked teams along the way. Its hard to say they lost those because of a lack of strong D in the conference when they have gone out and beat MSU, Wisconsin, Kansas State, Florida State out of conference among others.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, DayMan, you quote me "Both USC and UCLA will have to roll over before anyone else has a chance. It could happen." Before "anyone else", not ASU, has a chance. Yes, I have said this more than once. "Anyone else" does includes ASU of course.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised duck fans aren't jizzing all over this bitch with Mariota having one of the greatest first halves for a first game of a QB in league history. No, instead it's more defensiveness and dwelling on their husky hate.
Im not Titans fan. I don't get the Oregon fans that latch on to an NFL team due to an Oregon tie. I didnt become a Philly fan when Chip went there, not to mention all the ducks on the roster.
didnt become a chiefs fan because of DAT
didnt become a 49ers fan because of LaMichael James and then switch to a Dolphins fan
didnt become a Ravens fan and now Lions fan because of Ngata.
Not gonna be a Titans fan because Mariota is there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.