• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on talent, I expect USC's defense to be at least as good as MSU. Inexperience at some spots might be a concern, but overall talent, they should be about as good as anyone.

Stanford's offense looks to be a problem, but I think their defense is stout. The problem is that if they don't develop an offense, Oregon will end up beating them by a score that will make their defense look much worse than it is.

If Arizona gets Scooby back and they or UCLA make the CCG, I think those defenses will match up just fine with what MSU has. Although Vanderdoes is a big loss for the Bruins.

For that matter, if ASU starts playing to the level of their talent, they should have a pretty good defense as well.

Problem is, all of those defenses have to play in the PAC, so they may not look as good statistically as they actually are.
Im not saying those teams wont have solid defenses but they will not be as good as MSU. not even close.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, DayMan, you quote me "Both USC and UCLA will have to roll over before anyone else has a chance. It could happen." Before "anyone else", not ASU, has a chance. Yes, I have said this more than once. "Anyone else" does includes ASU of course.
I never claimed you didn't, nor did I say that you predicted ASU would win the conference or even the division. I'm just pointing out that I made a comment that ASU seems to underachieve when it comes to preseason hype and predictions, which was my original statement to which you got a little defensive.

Just seemed like an appropriate time to bring it up considering the current discussion revolving around ASU being off to a not so impressive start after receiving a bit of preseason hype...

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not dayman, but if you don't remember the personal conversations you and I have had in PM's about alcohol then that's sad and I won't expand on that any farther.

Then why are you answering his mail? Are you the spokesman for the entire Husky clan now? What has our conversations in PM's have to do with DayMan? Expand if you will, Wiz, publish the same, just remember those were written back when I had respect for you.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NN, before proceeding I just have one question. Are you on medication?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying those teams wont have solid defenses but they will not be as good as MSU. not even close.

I disagree. I wasn't all that impressed with MSU's defense. I thought Oregon losing had more to do with the Ducks not being as sharp as they would have been with Mariota. With Mariota, I think the Ducks would have had at least 2 more touchdowns. Timing, etc. is still being worked out with Adams.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed you didn't, nor did I say that you predicted ASU would win the conference or even the division. I'm just pointing out that I made a comment that ASU seems to underachieve when it comes to preseason hype and predictions, which was my original statement to which you got a little defensive.

Just seemed like an appropriate time to bring it up considering the current discussion revolving around ASU being off to a not so impressive start after receiving a bit of preseason hype...

You did DayMan, you stated your opinion (nothing wrong with that) and I replied regarding my opinions (nothing wrong with that either). We're here to hash out our opinions after all. Defensive I am I guess after such a poor start.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NN, before proceeding I just have one question. Are you on medication?

So the truth comes out, IB? Yes, yes I am. I take medicine for a hyperactive thyroid and for high blood pressure. Sometimes they send me over the edge, where I become suicidal or even murderous, even at times become disagreeable with nosy people, especially people who hate Todd Graham. Proceed, I can take it!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did DayMan, you stated your opinion (nothing wrong with that) and I replied regarding my opinions (nothing wrong with that either). We're here to hash out our opinions after all. Defensive I am I guess after such a poor start.

Perhaps you can help me to understand something. I am unsure what you are defensive about. In an earlier post, you said that you figured ASU was looking at a 7 win season. Based on that, I would think that they have performed pretty much as you expected them to.

Quite a few in the media counted them in with USC, UCLA and 'Zona as most likely to win the South and some even had them in the playoff. Virtually everyone on here has them in the PAC South group of 4 that we all believe are most likely to win the PAC South. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think @WhiteMamba switched his pick for the PAC South from USC to ASU at some point.

So, based on their performance the past 2 games, it seems ASU is underachieving based on the expectations of most, while performing pretty much as you expected them to. Yet, you're defensive and don't seem to even be arguing about whether or not they are underachieving. You're just lashing out at everyone who says they are.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody heard anything about chris clark TE UCLA? heard he's not with team anymore

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you answering his mail? Are you the spokesman for the entire Husky clan now? What has our conversations in PM's have to do with DayMan? Expand if you will, Wiz, publish the same, just remember those were written back when I had respect for you.
I honestly hope you find yourself in a better place in life soon. Real life sucks sometimes and it's always a little bit better when we can distract ourselves with things that aren't equally as stressful or give you more anger.

I have my opinions about ASU and as I said, I'd very much like for them to live up to their hype. It's not out of hate I say what I do. I'd much rather ASU win the south than USC.

Good luck to you.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the truth comes out, IB? Yes, yes I am. I take medicine for a hyperactive thyroid and for high blood pressure. Sometimes they send me over the edge, where I become suicidal or even murderous, even at times become disagreeable with nosy people, especially people who hate Todd Graham. Proceed, I can take it!
lol.... I don't hate Graham. Pretty sure I stated exactly that.

I dont dislike todd

I think you are being overly sensitive. Most of us want ASU to live up to their expectations.

They just arent.

I would apologize if saying that upsets you, but I just don't care.

:fuck2give:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I wasn't all that impressed with MSU's defense. I thought Oregon losing had more to do with the Ducks not being as sharp as they would have been with Mariota. With Mariota, I think the Ducks would have had at least 2 more touchdowns. Timing, etc. is still being worked out with Adams.

Adams isnt the threat Mariota was and no amount of time is going to fix that. Oregons defensive backs again showed they cant cover. The step back was taken.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you can help me to understand something. I am unsure what you are defensive about. In an earlier post, you said that you figured ASU was looking at a 7 win season. Based on that, I would think that they have performed pretty much as you expected them to.

Quite a few in the media counted them in with USC, UCLA and 'Zona as most likely to win the South and some even had them in the playoff. Virtually everyone on here has them in the PAC South group of 4 that we all believe are most likely to win the PAC South. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think @WhiteMamba switched his pick for the PAC South from USC to ASU at some point.

So, based on their performance the past 2 games, it seems ASU is underachieving based on the expectations of most, while performing pretty much as you expected them to. Yet, you're defensive and don't seem to even be arguing about whether or not they are underachieving. You're just lashing out at everyone who says they are.
I'm not sure even NN knows what this is all about anymore. Even admits Mamba is right when he states it in more harsh ways. I'm just going to chalk it up to someone going through a hard time and leave it there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is. It's out of your hate for USC. :lol:
Shit, you know me too well.

I remember thinking much the same about the zona schools when they joined back in the day, that some feel about the buffs and utah now. Somewhere along the way I started wanting to see them both become powers in the conference, as long as they still lost to us. It's like that state is cursed or something. They have spells here and there, but can't really build anything solid and keep it going and yet I get sucked in year after year lol.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Likely, its one thing to be bad, its another thing to look bad. Whether or not you are either or both. What started all this comment was the statement by one poster: "Todd Graham is a moron". Graham has done good things at ASU and deserves support IMO. Over or under achievement was not really an issue but when you disagree about one thing it generally extends to everything IMO.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams isnt the threat Mariota was and no amount of time is going to fix that. Oregons defensive backs again showed they cant cover. The step back was taken.

I love it when people see what I see.

Welcome to the decline...

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope you find yourself in a better place in life soon. Real life sucks sometimes and it's always a little bit better when we can distract ourselves with things that aren't equally as stressful or give you more anger.

I have my opinions about ASU and as I said, I'd very much like for them to live up to their hype. It's not out of hate I say what I do. I'd much rather ASU win the south than USC.

Good luck to you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.... I don't hate Graham. Pretty sure I stated exactly that.

I dont dislike todd

I think you are being overly sensitive. Most of us want ASU to live up to their expectations.

They just arent.

I would apologize if saying that upsets you, but I just don't care.

:fuck2give:

At least you didn't deny being nosy!! If you don't hate Graham but just like to call him names, well I guess I can live with that. In that case, while you're looking for an F to give, let me apologize for the misunderstanding and give you free space for retaliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.