• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise dominated the line of scrimmage, yards, 1st downs, and possession time. They went vanilla in the 2nd half and had two huge mistakes on special teams. UW never scored an offensive TD, and took advantage of a 1st time starter QB's errors. Besides, Petersen knows his former OC's offense, and recruited about a third of the team. It's tough beating someone who knows you that well.
Still, no excuses, Boise let an inferior team hang around and almost blew it, big time. If they do that in Provo next week, it will be lights out.

Went vanilla in the second half? LOL. Its was 16-10 in the third quarter. Yeah huge lead to sit on.
Passing was 150 to 152 . Neither team passed well. While washington only rushed for 29 Boise only rushed for 185. That's better than 29 but hardly dominating the defense .Oh and you're wrong about possession time. Washington held the edge on that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Stanford did not look very Stanford I give you that. The d-line got crushed for most of the game and the o-line got no push for most of the game. Hogan looked tight at times, and the RB's could not get moving.

It sucked to watch that game. However, the d dropped 4 picks, and the wide outs dropped at least good passes that would have been game changers. At some point the team has to execute. As conservative as the play calling was I am not ready to put that one on the coaches.

I do think Shaw has an issue opening things up. As I've said in the past I don't thing you guy have or get the game changers at the skill positions so I think thats why he plays conservative but you do have talent there and he's gotta let it fly sometimes. Maybe this is a wake up call for him. I think the BC game was a wake up call for Sark (hopefully).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's hypocritical. You may need a new dictionary. I think USC has an excellent shot at winning the South and the PAC. However, I also know how good the rest of the South is, how good Oregon is and I know that my Trojans are depending on a lot of freshmen and sophomores who, while very talented, will make mistakes that could cost us a game or 2 along the way.

The fact is, Oregon is the reigning PAC champion. Until someone beats them in the CCG or stops them from getting there, they will remain the PAC champion which makes them the "power" in the conference.

Whether or not they will take a step back with MM gone remains to be seen.

After this first game I'm not sure that oregon defense is gonna hold up if thats what they are. If that was just game one jitters then I stand corrected but letting that team hang around late in the game giving up that many yards is not a good sign.
TF12 I don't know if you noticed but all the (defense)youngsters were in on rotation and they played mean and fast and if they keep rotating them in by mid season this team will be ready for these teams that wanna tire you out. The defensive starters said it was nice knowing they could get breaks during the game unlike last year when they knew they couldn't come out.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon doesnt have to worry about UCLA this year unless they win the south
True, but with no competition in the North its a walk in for the Ducks. Oregon's only worry is whoever wins the South and that's only one game; even if you're not good enough, you could get lucky.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but with no competition in the North its a walk in for the Ducks. Oregon's only worry is whoever wins the South and that's only one game; even if you're not good enough, you could get lucky.
Lucky? I will take it if it comes in that form.

But something about a 5th PAC championship in 7 years would kind of negate any lucky talk wouldn't it?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's hypocritical. You may need a new dictionary. I think USC has an excellent shot at winning the South and the PAC. However, I also know how good the rest of the South is, how good Oregon is and I know that my Trojans are depending on a lot of freshmen and sophomores who, while very talented, will make mistakes that could cost us a game or 2 along the way.

The fact is, Oregon is the reigning PAC champion. Until someone beats them in the CCG or stops them from getting there, they will remain the PAC champion which makes them the "power" in the conference.

Whether or not they will take a step back with MM gone remains to be seen.

"remains to be seen." says it all. But I agree, USC likely will find a way to blow it.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went vanilla in the second half? LOL. Its was 16-10 in the third quarter. Yeah huge lead to sit on.
Passing was 150 to 152 . Neither team passed well. While washington only rushed for 29 Boise only rushed for 185. That's better than 29 but hardly dominating the defense .Oh and you're wrong about possession time. Washington held the edge on that.
No, Boise won that stat 25:38 to 34:22, ESPN transposed it, but having been there, Boise held the ball much longer. Not that this stat. matters most of the time, but in this game it did. You and I can agree, though, Boise's play calling showed way more confidence in their defense than I would have.
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2015/09/05/01/36/G0oVG.So.36.pdf

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But something about a 5th PAC championship in 7 years would kind of negate any lucky talk wouldn't it?
Can't argue with that, since the North is a gimme. But I liked what I saw Saturday.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this first game I'm not sure that oregon defense is gonna hold up if thats what they are. If that was just game one jitters then I stand corrected but letting that team hang around late in the game giving up that many yards is not a good sign.
TF12 I don't know if you noticed but all the (defense)youngsters were in on rotation and they played mean and fast and if they keep rotating them in by mid season this team will be ready for these teams that wanna tire you out. The defensive starters said it was nice knowing they could get breaks during the game unlike last year when they knew they couldn't come out.

I have no concerns about the talent level and my concerns about depth are with the relative inexperience of the depth, which is a much better concern than just not having enough players. According to Sark, the plan is/was to rotate players liberally and from what I saw, it worked very well. The thing that I thought was most telling was that the defense had the energy to stop a couple of late drives that would have ended in scores the last 2 years.

However, end of the day, this was done vs. Arky St. While they may be the favorite to win the Sun Belt, it's still the Sun Belt. I hate having games against teams like Arky St. and Idaho, but they present great opportunities for the freshmen and transfers (I read where we had 12 freshmen and 3 transfers in the rotations) to get some experience. But, I want to see how they react when they step up to PAC-12 competition.

Btw, what'd you think of Iman Marshall? I thought he looked as physical as promised.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Boise won that stat 25:38 to 34:22, ESPN transposed it, but having been there, Boise held the ball much longer. Not that this stat. matters most of the time, but in this game it did. You and I can agree, though, Boise's play calling showed way more confidence in their defense than I would have.
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2015/09/05/01/36/G0oVG.So.36.pdf

Look you won 16-13 and escaped because they couldn't hit a game tying field goal. You both passed for a dismal amount and it was 16-10 in the third. There was no dominating going on. You're living in the past.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been known to drop a game or 2 that we shouldn't. :L

It's college football . These are still kids most of them. Even pros have bad games its just that in college you just can't recover like they do in the pros. As good as Ohio state was last year they lost a game. I laugh when people talk about USC losing games they shouldn't like as if every good team goes undefeated.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man for me, if somebody besides UO wins the PAC I sure as shit don't want it to be a division team.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year is different. If Stanford isn't very good and the rest of the north is sub par compared to the south then you don't have much of a fight to get into the CCG which is lucky when you're using a renta QB to replace MM. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.