• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona state in the north would contend but cant really say a gimmie since ASU has lost to at least 1 north team every year.[/QUOT
Hey, it's Labor Day, so don't be putting down Weber St. After all, how many universities are named after a famous outdoor grill?
Congratulations, smiles. You can stir the pot just like you did in the CBS days. Keep up the good work!

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My previous post said: Congratulations, smiles. You can stir the pot just like you did in the CBS days. Keep up the good work! My posts disappear when I click post, trying to tell me something I guess.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My previous post said: Congratulations, smiles. You can stir the pot just like you did in the CBS days. Keep up the good work! My posts disappear when I click post, trying to tell me something I guess.
You typed it inside the quote bracket...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by 'quot' I meant 'quote'...

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked ASU, nice campus, pretty coeds, good football tradition. The only boner was hiring that retread drunk, Dennis Erickson, but that got fixed. So it was fun to help out by taking care of Arizona last winter. The only bad thing was the drive back home, AZ can't handle snow!:rolleyes2:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering how you all see the conference rankings right now
I have them at
N
Oregon
Cal
Stanford/Washington
Oregon State
WSU
I cant decided which was the better/worse loss between Stanford and UW but cant justify them below Oregon state even though the Beavers won. but they beat Weber State. If they beat Michigan they might move up.

S
UCLA
Utah
USC
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

UCLA over a P5 team and handily Utah over P5 close USC over Sun Belt easy, Arizona a little toruble with a CUSA team then losses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But remember this is just week 1

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them at
N
Oregon
Cal
Stanford/Washington
Oregon State
WSU
I cant decided which was the better/worse loss between Stanford and UW but cant justify them below Oregon state even though the Beavers won. but they beat Weber State. If they beat Michigan they might move up.

S
UCLA
Utah
USC
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

UCLA over a P5 team and handily Utah over P5 close USC over Sun Belt easy, Arizona a little toruble with a CUSA team then losses.
Stanford has a lot more immediate upside than UW. Don't grade just the loss, but the potential. In another thread on this board a member asked for people to name a stud from each side the ball for their team. I couldn't name even one for our offense. Zero. Zilch. Of course one will emerge and the offense will make steps forward. No doubt. But it's an understatement to say they are a work in progress. Even the defense needs to see a real team before we claim they are legit. BSU's offense was fucking turrble so who is the UW defense? Unknown still.

Stanford at least played a team with a pulse. Hogan wasn't quite right, but I saw a lot of dropped passes in the highlights that made a huge difference. I think they had a lot of bad luck and just couldn't get things rolling. I'd fully expect that to be a one game thing.

If all you are trying to do is rank who had better wins/worse losses then that's subjective. If you are trying to say who is more likely to win a big game next week and rank them as such, then Stanford has to be well ahead of UW.

Again, the beauty of college football and young kids is they really could put something great together, or they may bomb entirely. No one knows. If the staff is as good as advertised and the kids are fully bought in maybe they move up the charts as the season moves on. Right now, not that high.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and in before @smilesid claims I'm not a real fan and need to stop rooting for UW because I don't have them winning the conference and all of college football. I mean, what the hell was I thinking? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them at
N
Oregon
Cal
Stanford/Washington
Oregon State
WSU

S
UCLA
Utah
USC
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado

North

Oregon
Stanford
Cal
Washington
Oregon St.
Wazzou

Stanford will improve and I agree with Wiz about their upside. As impressive as putting up 73 points on anybody is, it was Grambling. This ain't the Eddie Robinson Grambling either. They're barely fielding a team these days.

Washington and the Beavs are pretty interchangeable for that 4th spot, imo. Gave the Huskies the nod for playing a tougher opponent.

South

UCLA
USC
Utah
Arizona
ASU
Colorado

UCLA looked pretty good vs. UVA. USC did what they were supposed to do to a team like Arky St. I thought Utah's game with Michigan was closer than it probably should have been, especially with the game being @Utah. Arizona won, but didn't look particularly good doing so. Especially on defense once Scooby went down. I believe that ASU is better than they showed, but that 4th quarter made them look really bad.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North

Oregon
Stanford
Cal
Washington
Oregon St.
Wazzou

Stanford will improve and I agree with Wiz about their upside. As impressive as putting up 73 points on anybody is, it was Grambling. This ain't the Eddie Robinson Grambling either. They're barely fielding a team these days.

Washington and the Beavs are pretty interchangeable for that 4th spot, imo. Gave the Huskies the nod for playing a tougher opponent.

South

UCLA
USC
Utah
Arizona
ASU
Colorado

UCLA looked pretty good vs. UVA. USC did what they were supposed to do to a team like Arky St. I thought Utah's game with Michigan was closer than it probably should have been, especially with the game being @Utah. Arizona won, but didn't look particularly good doing so. Especially on defense once Scooby went down. I believe that ASU is better than they showed, but that 4th quarter made them look really bad.
You typed it inside the quote bracket...

I typed at the cursor?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and in before @smilesid claims I'm not a real fan and need to stop rooting for UW because I don't have them winning the conference and all of college football. I mean, what the hell was I thinking? :noidea:

North

Oregon
Stanford
Cal
Washington
Oregon St.
Wazzou

South

UCLA
USC
Utah
Arizona
ASU
Colorado

ASU is likely better than they showed, must be. But the problem of the terrible special teams play that has existed during Graham's entire tenure, acknowledged nut never improved, is enough to hold them back from any real accomplishment in the tough South. Even ignoring what might be other problems, fifth is a good projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.