• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year is different. If Stanford isn't very good and the rest of the north is sub par compared to the south then you don't have much of a fight to get into the CCG which is lucky when you're using a renta QB to replace MM. It is what it is.
Are these SEC tactics?

"We were beat up, that's why we lost"

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Shaw has an issue opening things up. As I've said in the past I don't thing you guy have or get the game changers at the skill positions so I think thats why he plays conservative but you do have talent there and he's gotta let it fly sometimes.

So goes the Card's run game, so goes the Cards. That team has to run effectively or pressure D will continue to show the "Hogan flaw" of not being that great of a throwing QB. Hogan' needs that "play action" to work for him, otherwise the BIG O-line does nothing great allday.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Wiz, that's the most bizarre post I've read in a while. We essentially agree on the basics, and you managed to turn this into one of the most inane criticisms I've read. Everything I said was correct. I readily admitted that Boise's QB needs work, made huge special teams errors, and didn't play well in the second half. I did wonder about the vanilla play selection, and correctly pointed out the game statistics, particularly how well the defense played.

Now I'm starting to understand why you are fighting with the Wazzou fan over which of your schools sucks worse.

Or lacking that, turn in your Husky fan membership card. Gee, you wonder why I think that my team will win every game? Earth to Wiz, it's because they do, with very few exceptions. I've gone out of my way to say that UW has the makings of a good team, Browning is going to be special. Be proud that your team rallied and represented well, don't be a sore loser.

Get some rest.
Right, so you agree your team has nothing going on offensively and struggled against a defense featuring not one player on the line with any prior game experience and only one LB that had played before and yet then say you will win every game this year because you always do.
:L

And then wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Then you mischaracterize what was said between wazzy and I as if we are both trying to claim our team sucks more. Wazzy loves to talk about how bad his team is. This is true. Never seen such raw hatred for ones own head coach and he's been steadfast on that since day 1. Nothing I said to him was relevant to today's UW team. Picking on him about having the worst game in the state of Washington's history is nothing close to what you claim should have me abandon my team.

You believe if everyone doesn't view their team through the same lens you view yours they are bad fans. That's horribly arrogant and naive of you.

The more you type, the more you prove how little you understand about big boy football and how the real world works.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went vanilla in the second half? LOL. Its was 16-10 in the third quarter. Yeah huge lead to sit on.
Passing was 150 to 152 . Neither team passed well. While washington only rushed for 29 Boise only rushed for 185. That's better than 29 but hardly dominating the defense .Oh and you're wrong about possession time. Washington held the edge on that.
WARNING:
Don't get caught up in this quicksand. Smiles doesn't use logic and cannot be reached by using the same. He will twist and distort anything you say to keep his narrative going. He speaks at you, not to you and simply ignores valid points that don't agree with what he is saying.

You can get trapped in his circular bullshit for days if you aren't careful.

Both teams had vanilla offenses the entire game. UW's young defense failed to wrap up and tackle in the first half and let them get some easy run yards. They adapted and entirely shut them down in the second half. While encouraging as a UW fan, it doesn't tell us what our defense will do when they actually play a real offense. They will likely be tested far more next week against an FCS schools than they were this game. Smiles can't see that his team isn't the same as it was two years ago and earlier. He's stuck in the past big time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these SEC tactics?

"We were beat up, that's why we lost"

Not sure what you mean about SEC tactics.

Just saying I personally don't think you have a fight to win the north if stanford isn't going to be that good. So even though your defense might be porous you can end up in the CCG pretty easily by nature of having not much competition in your division. It's just one week but thats what it looks like right now.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean about SEC tactics.

Just saying I personally don't think you have a fight to win the north if stanford isn't going to be that good. So even though your defense might be porous you can end up in the CCG pretty easily by nature of having not much competition in your division. It's just one week but thats what it looks like right now.

Stanford looked bad. UO still has to go down there and beat them.

UW and OSU look young. Two rivalry games UO still has to win.

And then there is a scary Cal team.

It is there for Oregon to take. But it is so early to take too much from week 1

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two games on Oregons schedule that do worry me, USC and CAL.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that, since the North is a gimme. But I liked what I saw Saturday.
Arizona state in the north would contend but cant really say a gimmie since ASU has lost to at least 1 north team every year.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that I struggle to understand the thinking of a certain UW fan and his uncanny ability to make a good game into a horrible one and find a way to hurl insults at a person who was actually agreeing with him.

I guess that comes from a fan of a team who hasn't been truly great since since 1991.

You need to deal with those anger issues, Wiz. If you hurl insults at someone who was trying his damnedest to agree with you, I doubt that you have the perception to do anything, well, except post here, ad infinitum. :crazy:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that I struggle to understand the thinking of a certain UW fan and his uncanny ability to make a good game into a horrible one and find a way to hurl insults at a person who was actually agreeing with him.

I guess that comes from a fan of a team who hasn't been truly great since since 1991.

You need to deal with those anger issues, Wiz. If you hurl insults at someone who was trying his damnedest to agree with you, I doubt that you have the perception to do anything, well, except post here, ad infinitum. :crazy:
You weren't agreeing with me when you said your team dominated that game. Because they didn't.

The truth that you can't agree with is both teams looked like rebuilding teams testing the waters in game 1. Both ran vanilla offenses and failed to get going much. BSU isn't a top team right now. They have clearly taken steps back. UW also isn't a top team right now. Very very young on both sides of the ball and clearly lacking big play makers on offense. Maybe their kids grow a lot this year, maybe it takes longer. We will see. That's not being a bad fan. That's being able to open your eyes and see what is on the field right now.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be awesome is if Stanford is actually fine, and Northwestern is going to rise up and shock the B1G.

And then I woke up.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time I reach out to you, Wiz, do me a favor, tell me to go to hell, it saves gallons of bullshit, and paragraphs of type.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be awesome is if Stanford is actually fine, and Northwestern is going to rise up and shock the B1G.

And then I woke up.

I could see half of that coming true. Or maybe its wishful thinking because I have money riding on FURD to win the North.

Fuckers.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac peeps. Trying to do my picks.

Beavs gonna stomp that rusty nail ass or nah?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Michigan's QB sucks.

Didn't see the Beavs play. Dey stink?

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Michigan's QB sucks.

Didn't see the Beavs play. Dey stink?
They played Weber state. Going into the 4th quarter the score was 13-7.

I realize OSEwe has a new HC, but historically the Beavs have been ass-raped when they play in the Eastern time zones

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's Labor Day, so don't be putting down Weber St. After all, how many universities are named after a famous outdoor grill?

Status
Not open for further replies.