• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T12, you are a hypocrite. You are the only one that does not predict that the Trojans will kick azz this year. But then you have UCLA to worry about and that is a worry. Oregon has you both to worry about plus all the wannabe's in the North who believe Oregon is due for a step back with MM gone. Logical thinking I would say.
It's wishful thinking is what it is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said "hard to play at Boise" and I think that's well proven. Of course Boise may not be itself this year, I don't know. If their performance against UW tells us much, its not, but then we need to wait and see it the Huskies are as bad as you think they are because Boise has no real competition in conference. But then you're ready to give Oregon the green light "because they score so fast." on the basis of one game. However, I think you must be fooling yourself if you think you can win with a "porous defense".
That's not what I said. You must first stop Oregon's offense if you want to beat them. They run more plays than any other team. They can let the other team score TD's half the times they touch the ball and still beat them by 20+ unless you can deal with their offense. Almost no team in the Pac has outside of Stanford. Zona did go toe to toe with them in a scoring affair once. That hasn't worked out for really anyone else. I'm not suggesting Oregon isn't beatable. They are. And they will lose at least a couple this year. But no one learned much about them this last game. Giving up points to a shitty team could mean they tried things they otherwise wouldn't have in tighter games. Maybe they rotated younger kids in more to get them going. You can't draw any conclusions from one game.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise dominated the line of scrimmage, yards, 1st downs, and possession time. They went vanilla in the 2nd half and had two huge mistakes on special teams. UW never scored an offensive TD, and took advantage of a 1st time starter QB's errors. Besides, Petersen knows his former OC's offense, and recruited about a third of the team. It's tough beating someone who knows you that well.
Still, no excuses, Boise let an inferior team hang around and almost blew it, big time. If they do that in Provo next week, it will be lights out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T12, you are a hypocrite. You are the only one that does not predict that the Trojans will kick azz this year. But then you have UCLA to worry about and that is a worry. Oregon has you both to worry about plus all the wannabe's in the North who believe Oregon is due for a step back with MM gone. Logical thinking I would say.
Oregon doesnt have to worry about UCLA this year unless they win the south

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise dominated the line of scrimmage, yards, 1st downs, and possession time. They went vanilla in the 2nd half and had two huge mistakes on special teams. UW never scored an offensive TD, and took advantage of a 1st time starter QB's errors. Besides, Petersen knows his former OC's offense, and recruited about a third of the team. It's tough beating someone who knows you that well.
Still, no excuses, Boise let an inferior team hang around and almost blew it, big time. If they do that in Provo next week, it will be lights out.
Dominated the line on defense maybe a bit. But you guys got your ass kicked up front on offense...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've already admitted that you are an entirely blind homer that believes your team will win every game. That your views of that game are this far out of reality is not surprising.

Everyone who watched it that isn't a fan of either team can tell you UW wasn't wrapping up in the first half. Your runners were getting to the 2nd, 3rd, and a few times 4th player before being tackled. I'm not talking about just an arm near them. I mean in range to tackle and didn't. Looked a lot like young kids playing a little tight in their first game. They settled in and played a lot better toward the end of the first half and through the entire second half. Your offense didn't change, the defense did. It was clear your OC/HC were not going to be aggressive in that game. It was really conservative play calling all night. Few pass attempts outside of quick hits and screens. Obviously they knew the rep of the secondary they were going against and knew they had young kids they might be able to run on.

Your team shit the bed on offense and special teams. Your new QB is garbage. Inferior? You are about to get a hell of a wake up call. BSU should be ranked around 40-45. You won't even be the best mid-major this year, more or less any kind of a threat to big boy teams.

Back under your rock you go.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Wiz, that's the most bizarre post I've read in a while. We essentially agree on the basics, and you managed to turn this into one of the most inane criticisms I've read. Everything I said was correct. I readily admitted that Boise's QB needs work, made huge special teams errors, and didn't play well in the second half. I did wonder about the vanilla play selection, and correctly pointed out the game statistics, particularly how well the defense played.

Now I'm starting to understand why you are fighting with the Wazzou fan over which of your schools sucks worse.

Or lacking that, turn in your Husky fan membership card. Gee, you wonder why I think that my team will win every game? Earth to Wiz, it's because they do, with very few exceptions. I've gone out of my way to say that UW has the makings of a good team, Browning is going to be special. Be proud that your team rallied and represented well, don't be a sore loser.

Get some rest.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Wiz, that's the most bizarre post I've read in a while. We essentially agree on the basics, and you managed to turn this into one of the most inane criticisms I've read. Everything I said was correct. I readily admitted that Boise's QB needs work, made huge special teams errors, and didn't play well in the second half. I did wonder about the vanilla play selection, and correctly pointed out the game statistics, particularly how well the defense played.

Now I'm starting to understand why you are fighting with the Wazzou fan over which of your schools sucks worse.

Or lacking that, turn in your Husky fan membership card. Gee, you wonder why I think that my team will win every game? Earth to Wiz, it's because they do, with very few exceptions. I've gone out of my way to say that UW has the makings of a good team, Browning is going to be special. Be proud that your team rallied and represented well, don't be a sore loser.

Get some rest.
:stephena:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Stanford did not look very Stanford I give you that. The d-line got crushed for most of the game and the o-line got no push for most of the game. Hogan looked tight at times, and the RB's could not get moving.

It sucked to watch that game. However, the d dropped 4 picks, and the wide outs dropped at least good passes that would have been game changers. At some point the team has to execute. As conservative as the play calling was I am not ready to put that one on the coaches.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Stanford did not look very Stanford I give you that. The d-line got crushed for most of the game and the o-line got no push for most of the game. Hogan looked tight at times, and the RB's could not get moving.

It sucked to watch that game. However, the d dropped 4 picks, and the wide outs dropped at least good passes that would have been game changers. At some point the team has to execute. As conservative as the play calling was I am not ready to put that one on the coaches.

They looked shockingly bad. I had them winning the north this year, but that shit aint happening. :nono:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzy was right all along?

I have never seen such a dumpster fire than what went down in Pullman.

Empty stadium and a loss to PsU.

This is the image I will take away from that disastrous tenure of Leach.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzy was right all along?

I have never seen such a dumpster fire than what went down in Pullman.

Empty stadium and a loss to PsU.

This is the image I will take away from that disastrous tenure of Leach.

lol...nice. Hard to beat popcorn guy though.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...nice. Hard to beat popcorn guy though.

Popcorn guy is solid. Having a Portland freaking State qb hugging his wife after a victory in an empty stadium after the final whistle is the king imo.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT after EWU lit you boyz up for 42 points...somethings missing in that vaulted Duck Defense so far OD.

No other player ( Cooper Kupp ) has ever put up that many catches and yards at Autzen ever.

For all the bashing I did on OSU and UW. You were right all along. EWU is the real thing.

I would be very surprised if another team puts up 42 on UO the rest of the year unless it is an elite team in post season. Maybe USC or Cal. But I doubt it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what's hypocritical. You may need a new dictionary. I think USC has an excellent shot at winning the South and the PAC. However, I also know how good the rest of the South is, how good Oregon is and I know that my Trojans are depending on a lot of freshmen and sophomores who, while very talented, will make mistakes that could cost us a game or 2 along the way.

The fact is, Oregon is the reigning PAC champion. Until someone beats them in the CCG or stops them from getting there, they will remain the PAC champion which makes them the "power" in the conference.

Whether or not they will take a step back with MM gone remains to be seen.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other player ( Cooper Kupp ) has ever put up that many catches and yards at Autzen ever.

For all the bashing I did on OSU and UW. You were right all along. EWU is the real thing.

I would be very surprised if another team puts up 42 on UO the rest of the year unless it is an elite team in post season. Maybe USC or Cal. But I doubt it.

I could see Cal lighting up that D. But it wont be enough to win. 50-70ish. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.