• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what our history has to do with the undisputed fact that UW's 0-12 is worse and more embarassing than our loss to a scrub school from the Big Sky.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what our history has to do with the undisputed fact that UW's 0-12 is worse and more embarassing than our loss to a scrub school from the Big Sky.
A debate over who sucks the worst?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...of the two, you have the worst loss, by far. We have the worse season.

This argument is like trying to compare two piles of shit though. A literal study in scatology.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...of the two, you have the worst loss, by far. We have the worse season.

This argument is like trying to compare two piles of shit though. A literal study in scatology.
It's funny how desperately he's trying to make something positive out of the single worst game in washington college sports history. I mean it's not working, but it's funny anyways.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how desperately he's trying to make something positive out of the single worst game in washington college sports history. I mean it's not working, but it's funny anyways.

Doesn't even make sense. It's not the worst game in Washington history as we have already established that Apple Cup was. It sucks we lost but don't try to throw stones when we are WSU where is embarrassing things can happen but the almighty Washington still trumps any low we have accomplished thus far.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody need a qb next year? EWU's Jordan West is a good one.

Or a WR? Cooper Kupp is p dang good as well.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody need a qb next year? EWU's Jordan West is a good one.

Or a WR? Cooper Kupp is p dang good as well.

UTSA's tight end is an NFL player, my god, he looks like a college football version of Gronk. Some of these smaller schools wind up with some under-recruited studs. If I were a scout I'd be looking at the best players on schools like EWU, UTSA, etc and just pick out a player or two and get their asses to my program.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTSA's tight end is an NFL player, my god, he looks like a college football version of Gronk. Some of these smaller schools wind up with some under-recruited studs. If I were a scout I'd be looking at the best players on schools like EWU, UTSA, etc and just pick out a player or two and get their asses to my program.
No doubt. I haven't seen a WR single handily dominate a Ducks secondary like that in a while.

Kupp threw our guys around. And UO secondary are big. Young, but big.

I bet he has the best year vs UO at that position all season.

Maybe JuJu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Viking single handedly almost beat us. Our defense has struggled against tight ends the past few years but that dude was a beast.

At the same time sting, I can't wait to see our team when we have all our players back. A few our our good players were held out due to team violations and a few more to injuries. Hope scooby can come back strong in a month along with the other players injured. We had too many 2-3rd stringers out there against UTSA so I'm optimistic that we'll improve in every facet once we get those players back....plus we got the first game jitters out of the way. Let's go!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Cougs and Huskies arguing about who's the bigger embarrassment. One went 0-12, the other is the only PAC school to lose to Portland St.

Maybe we should kick them both out and bring in Boise and San Diego St.? :noidea:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly didn't watch the BSU/UW game did you. Boise is seriously over ranked right now purely on past reputation. They started a sophomore QB that was really bad. I mean not worthy kind of bad, not first game jitters and can recover kind of bad. They ran a very conservative, vanilla offense and only racked up yards in the first half because UW's young kids weren't wrapping up on first solid contact. They corrected that and entirely shut them down. Speaks volumes to how bad BSU is more than anything UW did. I'm encouraged by it, but it doesn't mean shit until they have that kind of defense against a Pac12 team. And our offense is seriously a hot mess.

Stanford had more issues than most expected from their offense given Hogan's experience but they will bounce back and still be dangerous. Only now from the outside looking in at the top 10.

Oregon is who we thought they were. Their fans will tell you they give up more points than other powers because they score so fast they give the other team the ball more than any other power. Their defense only needs to be slightly more effective than their own offense is against the other team. Until Pac schools can show they can keep Oregon under 35 I'm not sure it matters much how porous their defense is.

I can tell you this, given what we saw from ASU, Oregon would probably drop at least 50 on them right now. Only Stanford has shown the ability to slow them down on any given year and their offense isn't up to the task right now, maybe that changes in future weeks.

It will be at least 3-4 more weeks before you get enough data to start classifying where teams are. Until then all this was is another opening week in college football.
I said "hard to play at Boise" and I think that's well proven. Of course Boise may not be itself this year, I don't know. If their performance against UW tells us much, its not, but then we need to wait and see it the Huskies are as bad as you think they are because Boise has no real competition in conference. But then you're ready to give Oregon the green light "because they score so fast." on the basis of one game. However, I think you must be fooling yourself if you think you can win with a "porous defense".

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until someone beats the Ducks in the CCG (or stops them from getting there), the power is in Oregon.
T12, you are a hypocrite. You are the only one that does not predict that the Trojans will kick azz this year. But then you have UCLA to worry about and that is a worry. Oregon has you both to worry about plus all the wannabe's in the North who believe Oregon is due for a step back with MM gone. Logical thinking I would say.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying we all knew USC and UCLA were the best teams in the PAC going into the year and after week 1 that still holds true?

Based on what?

UCLA can't even stay on the same field as Oregon and USC hasn't beaten UCLA in several of their last games.

Based on beating the snot out of Ark ST and UVA?

We will see how this plays out. And when it's all I said and done it will be another case of NN was wrong and Mamba was right.

HTH
I see that as words to eat, Mamba and I don't mean mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.