• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a knock on Adams, he just isn't going to be a dependable guy for an entire season with his size and play. Maybe he is more durable than I think but Prukop is just a dude. He was a good Big Sky QB but nothing more, he looked like dog shittin against my other team Montana. I could see Adams coming to Oregon but Prukop wasn't better than Locke (I believe that's who played against us last year)
I disagree Prukop is better than Locke. He doesn't turn the ball over. I think if Scott Frost was still at Oregon you would see a much better Prukop.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Prukop is better than Locke. He doesn't turn the ball over. I think if Scott Frost was still at Oregon you would see a much better Prukop.

Could be, I'm not in on Oregon the way you are I'm just going off Locke off the one game I saw. Guess I just don't see a difference, both guys you can key on your RB since there is zero threat of the QB throwing the ball past a screen.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the shitty defense wouldn't matter if they would just have a D1 QB. They lucked out with getting Adams who is a 9 win ceiling QB at the FBS level but Prukop is a 5 win ceiling guy. All Oregon needed was a guy who could even give us the threat of throwing.
No if Oregon was even just say 75th in defense those 3 point losses may be 3 point wins. Prukop is doing ok. like i said not Adams but still better than Lockie

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No if Oregon was even just say 75th in defense those 3 point losses may be 3 point wins. Prukop is doing ok. like i said not Adams but still better than Lockie
Agree - we might have made Wazzu punt 3 times.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still mind blowing that WSU actually ran for 280y. I mean I just can't wrap my head around that. That was what was so glaringly wrong that game.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn man, from where that team has been to where it is now is amazing no matter what they do against USC. Ranked and not a doormat anymore are way better than recent years.

The south is pretty wide open though. No team is without flaws. None look ready to dominate. Why not Colorado? I'm not sold on Utah and said that all off season. No idea why all the love for them. We know their QB well as he was our cast off and he's not going to get it done. USC has all kinds of issues and will beat a few more teams, but likely to drop more as well. Both teams in the state of Arizona have issues. UCLA is probably the odds on favorite if not Colorado, but they aren't destroying good teams either. That division is going to destroy each other.

I hope you're right. but yeah, actually being in these games when just a short while ago they were all over by halftime feels pretty damn good. we were close before, the difference this year will be if they can finish.

one of my best friends lives in Washington and is a UW alum. I jokingly told him before season started that we'd go to the Pac XII championship game if it ended up UW vs CU. he laughed at the idea but maybe it's not so crazy!

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this avatar, I hate that Manny is hurt, and I hate losing. I also hate not having a fucking defense.
Luke, not to rain on your parade, but you don't have an offense either. What we do have is an excuse: the QB is out (either injured or scared). At times like this you think cheer leaders!!!

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke, not to rain on your parade, but you don't have an offense either. What we do have is an excuse: the QB is out (either injured or scared). At times like this you think cheer leaders!!!

We have one of the best RB duos in the conference, a 5 star WR, another very good WR in White. The best kicker, and a great punting game. Manny is a good QB, but if you don't think he was really hurt, but scared, than you might want to rewatch the replay on when he got hurt.

What we don't have is a defense or an idea of how to tackle. We don't know how to cover on 3rd and long.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Oregon will be starting true freshman QB Justin Herbert on Saturday. :clap:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what I been hearing too

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Oregon will be starting true freshman QB Justin Herbert on Saturday. :clap:
I'd rather they stick with Prukop for this game. He's terrible, and word is the freshman's more mobile...

Maybe it won't matter once our D knocks him on his ass a few times.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they stick with Prukop for this game. He's terrible, and word is the freshman's more mobile...

Maybe it won't matter once our D knocks him on his ass a few times.
Baker and Jones are licking their chops. Both had huge boners on the word of a rookie QB starting against their crew.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ducks O-line coach saying the streak will not end and then it's announced a rookie is going to start? That should go over well

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert might end up being good, but 6 weeks in and just now getting a start doesn't sound like their goals for this season are still on the plate. That's building for the future, not winning the day.

In the long run it will be better for Oregon to take their lumps and get this kid going, but this week? Wow. 8 sacks last week and no blitzes to get them. Many were coverage sacks. His running gives them another option to counter Freeman, but if they let him throw it that game will be over before the end of the first quarter.

Next year? Yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't say Herbert shows promise and should make them better on offense. It's the right move to make. I just question the timing given the importance of this game at this time. Ducks really really need this game for their fans. Does Herbert actually give them the best chance to win? Might have a LOT more ceiling, but Prukop is experienced enough to not try and force things against a rabid defense.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert might end up being good, but 6 weeks in and just now getting a start doesn't sound like their goals for this season are still on the plate. That's building for the future, not winning the day.

In the long run it will be better for Oregon to take their lumps and get this kid going, but this week? Wow. 8 sacks last week and no blitzes to get them. Many were coverage sacks. His running gives them another option to counter Freeman, but if they let him throw it that game will be over before the end of the first quarter.

Next year? Yeah, I'd be lying if I didn't say Herbert shows promise and should make them better on offense. It's the right move to make. I just question the timing given the importance of this game at this time. Ducks really really need this game for their fans. Does Herbert actually give them the best chance to win? Might have a LOT more ceiling, but Prukop is experienced enough to not try and force things against a rabid defense.
everyone been saying a change was needed

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone been saying a change was needed
For your future yes, but before this game? I mean beating us would at least make the season not a total loss and would turn down some of the heat on the program. After this game there isn't the same pressure at least until the civil war.

Staff is going to get crushed if this kid struggles in this game. That's a tough spot to put him in.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it announced? Seems weird that it would be... it might make sense for having a more mobile qb in that UW wasn't necessarily expecting. But there's no surprise element if you announce it early in the week...

Status
Not open for further replies.