• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other problem with this is the ducks problem isn't on offense. Changing QB isn't going to fix what has been a really bad defense.

And from what I'm reading no one has said it publicly, it's someone on the inside saying Herbert has been getting over 80% of the snaps in practice with the 1's. So if those sources are accurate and not some kind of propaganda ploy to get UW to focus on nonsense (can't imagine it is) then it is more likely than not.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Helbright. Amirite?
Softy actually compared his situation to Lambright trying to follow James so you hit that right on the head. Another great coordinator that didn't translate to HC.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy actually compared his situation to Lambright trying to follow James so you hit that right on the head. Another great coordinator that didn't translate to HC.
ANd two years after LAmbright, a young, brash and innovative HC had UW back in the rB

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANd two years after LAmbright, a young, brash and innovative HC had UW back in the rB
As long as they don't wait until the program is too deeply damaged in levels of talent Oregon can bounce back with the right coaching change. The question is will they find that solution? We have seen even blue bloods struggle with that choosing from a larger pool. UW hit a bit on Neuheisel, but missed badly on 4 others before finding Petersen.

On that note, I hear clownzano is saying he's hearing voices near the program talking to Lane Kiffin about that job. No lie, not a troll, Lane fucking Kiffin. :L Now it's that idiot saying that, but he does have ears near that program. IMO it can't be someone like Kiffin to take them back there. He's another coordinator at best.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, I hear clownzano is saying he's hearing voices near the program talking to Lane Kiffin about that job. No lie, not a troll, Lane fucking Kiffin. :L Now it's that idiot saying that, but he does have ears near that program. IMO it can't be someone like Kiffin to take them back there. He's another coordinator at best.

Dear Lord,

I don't ask you for much. Please make this happen. The meltdown in Duckville would be epic. OD would burn down the interwebz all by himself. :heh:

Sincerely,

trojanfan12

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Helbright. Amirite?

Except all things considered, Lambright wasn't that bad (maybe Helfrich isn't that bad, so far, this year, he seems to be though). Especially considering the situation he stepped into. He at least kept them afloat after some shit, and I'm not convinced he wouldn't have had them in the Rose Bowl by the time Neuheisel did. I think Gilbertson might be the better comparison.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would seriously give a pinky to give a pinky to get Josh McRoberts on the sideline. Apparently Phil has a thing for him. Nike jet spotted in NE. Rumors.

Also would like Kiffin or Fleck.

Rumblings of former Ducks QB And current Raiders OC Musgrave has been mentioned.

Long shot and worrisome talk of Beau Baldwin interest.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don't wait until the program is too deeply damaged in levels of talent Oregon can bounce back with the right coaching change. The question is will they find that solution? We have seen even blue bloods struggle with that choosing from a larger pool. UW hit a bit on Neuheisel, but missed badly on 4 others before finding Petersen.

I take a more mature, marinated under Sabs, Lane Kiffin in a heartbeat. That cocky asshole just screams Nike, Phil Knight, stripper glitter helmets and Eugene, Oregon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except all things considered, Lambright wasn't that bad (maybe Helfrich isn't that bad, so far, this year, he seems to be though). Especially considering the situation he stepped into. He at least kept them afloat after some shit, and I'm not convinced he wouldn't have had them in the Rose Bowl by the time Neuheisel did. I think Gilbertson might be the better comparison.
Disagree, it's exactly the same. Remember the 'whammy in miami' was on Lambrights watch, but still with Jame's kids. Lambo didn't leave until the slide started and it became apparent that he wasn't going to be able to recruit and develop anywhere near the levels needed. Helfrich did take them to a national championship game, but with Kelly's kids and what has he done with his own? He's 11-7 after Mariota left and hasn't had the next QB since. Maybe Herbert is a hit, but they have had several misses in the interim. Not unlike Tedford after Rogers.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helf coached the school's first Heisman, Rose Bowl thrashing over mighty FSU and a title game appearance. Food for thought.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would seriously give a pinky to give a pinky to get Josh McRoberts on the sideline. Apparently Phil has a thing for him. Nike jet spotted in NE. Rumors.

Also would like Kiffin or Fleck.

Rumblings of former Ducks QB And current Raiders OC Musgrave has been mentioned.

Long shot and worrisome talk of Beau Baldwin interest.
*McDaniels

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, it's exactly the same. Remember the 'whammy in miami' was on Lambrights watch, but still with Jame's kids. Lambo didn't leave until the slide started and it became apparent that he wasn't going to be able to recruit and develop anywhere near the levels needed. Helfrich did take them to a national championship game, but with Kelly's kids and what has he done with his own? He's 11-7 after Mariota left and hasn't had the next QB since. Maybe Herbert is a hit, but they have had several misses in the interim. Not unlike Tedford after Rogers.
Yeah, but the 2000 team was Lambright's guys for the most part. I don't disagree that he probably wasn't gonna be the guy in the future, I don't think it was wrong to let him go, I think he gets a bit of a bad wrap for his head coaching tenure though.

Sort of on topic, I always liked and never blamed neuheisel for the stuff that went down with him either, though he ended on a couple down years after the Rose Bowl year too, who knows if he would've worked out long term.

The rest is just effed up history, obviously.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a great fit - Mamba make it happen!!!!
He is going to take an NFL job. But if he had any charm, he would go to a college town and be treated like a god for 25 years for damn near the same kind of cheddar.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a great fit - Mamba make it happen!!!!
Unfortunately, my $5000 a year donation to student athletes isn't even enough to get me a preferred parking spot in the AUtzen lot. Times have changed in Eugene.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh btw, Seahawks fans. I have a great friend who works digital media for your team. Showed me his Super Bowl ring. Pretty awesome. He went to Oregon. Dan Boyer.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helf coached the school's first Heisman, Rose Bowl thrashing over mighty FSU and a title game appearance. Food for thought.
Yeah. I haven't forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.