• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. Luke Cage is on Netflix now. its pretty good so far. Marvel and Netflix have been putting out some good shows.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Pellums first season at D coordinator I knew last year was gonna be bad. losing as much as they did and changing schemes is what you guys were saying was gonna do Oregon's D in. but like i was saying I thought while yes this year was going to be tough on D I just didnt see them being as bad as last year because last year was so bad.
At this point I would rather struggle with Herbert at QB and let him get experience. Prukop looked ok up to tonight. tonight he looked scared and just made horrible decisions.
No way they aren't going all in next week though. Maybe if they lose to UW will you see them go into development mode, but this program desperately NEEDS to keep that streak alive and play spoiler to their rival.

Just as an aside, please ignore anything I say this week. Nothing I throw out against duck fans is aimed at you in any way. I actually feel your pain. Some of your other fans... Well not so much.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they aren't going all in next week though. Maybe if they lose to UW will you see them go into development mode, but this program desperately NEEDS to keep that streak alive and play spoiler to their rival.

Just as an aside, please ignore anything I say this week. Nothing I throw out against duck fans is aimed at you in any way. I actually feel your pain. Some of your other fans... Well not so much.
its all good im pretty thick skinned and dont really get offended in here. Its a message board/trash talking board and I can only imagine the crap OD is going to post this week.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all good im pretty thick skinned and dont really get offended in here. Its a message board/trash talking board and I can only imagine the crap OD is going to post this week.
You think he will be back? I mean his likely to be taking a break unless he's still feeling super confident about the streak.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side question do you guys experience secondhand embarrassment? like my friend was saying the loss was embarrassing. I just dont feel the same way because I didnt do anything to warrant embarrassment. I dont feel embarrassment for others when something happens to them. I barely feel it when I do something stoopid.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he will be back? I mean his likely to be taking a break unless he's still feeling super confident about the streak.
he feels a weird confidence about things like no other. Oregon could have lost all 5 of their games 30-0 each and UW come in riding a 5-0 record with all games looking like last night and OD would still tell us Oregon will win by 20

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side question do you guys experience secondhand embarrassment? like my friend was saying the loss was embarrassing. I just dont feel the same way because I didnt do anything to warrant embarrassment. I dont feel embarrassment for others when something happens to them. I barely feel it when I do something stoopid.
Embarrassment? Not really? :noidea:

I mean I get down or pissed after bad losses, but I tend to get over it fairly fast. I was over the SB loss to the Pats on that last play within a day or two and was lambasted for daring to still be upbeat about how great the season was up to that point. Similar to losing to OSU?

UW lost 12 games in one season man. Never took off my gear. Didn't let go of my tickets. Just bucked up and took the ridicule and moved on.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassment? Not really? :noidea:

I mean I get down or pissed after bad losses, but I tend to get over it fairly fast. I was over the SB loss to the Pats on that last play within a day or two and was lambasted for daring to still be upbeat about how great the season was up to that point. Similar to losing to OSU?

UW lost 12 games in one season man. Never took off my gear. Didn't let go of my tickets. Just bucked up and took the ridicule and moved on.
it doesnt even take me a couple days. After the NC game with Auburn I am pretty sure I still went out that night. after the Ohio State one I was over it before it ended. SB vs pats yeah maybe a couple hours.
difference is living in Washington everyone felt the SB with me. with the Ducks I have to endure UW fans. and the couple WSU fans.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he feels a weird confidence about things like no other. Oregon could have lost all 5 of their games 30-0 each and UW come in riding a 5-0 record with all games looking like last night and OD would still tell us Oregon will win by 20
me on the other hand am not looking forward to next week. I will be happy with a 1 point win and frankly just hope its not as bad as today or as bad as what UW did to stanford

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesnt even take me a couple days. After the NC game with Auburn I am pretty sure I still went out that night. after the Ohio State one I was over it before it ended. SB vs pats yeah maybe a couple hours.
difference is living in Washington everyone felt the SB with me. with the Ducks I have to endure UW fans. and the couple WSU fans.
The UW shit probably gets to me more than the Seahawks. I'm so totally consumed by CFB during the season. I'm not a big recruiting guy or deeply into LOI day or most of that, but come game time I'm all about this sport. I will wear a loss and go crazy on a win. I just don't hang onto the losses nearly like I do the wins.

I still don't have my voice back from going to that game yesterday. And I was so amped when I finally got home that I didn't go to sleep until about 3am and was up at 6am watching CGD. I'm still only working off 3 hours. Those highs are entirely epic and worth every bit of misery over the bad years. I'll hold onto that. And if they lose next week I'll be over that one pretty fast too. I don't have the OD kind of expectations going in so I'm not that likely to dive off a cliff if a loss happens to start with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me on the other hand am not looking forward to next week. I will be happy with a 1 point win and frankly just hope its not as bad as today or as bad as what UW did to stanford
If embarrassment isn't a thing then why the concern over the final score?

I'd take a 1pt win as well in a heart beat and wouldn't care what other fans say. Just like I didn't listen to it about the zona game. It's a rivalry game on the road. Take any W you can scrape together if you can.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If embarrassment isn't a thing then why the concern over the final score?

I'd take a 1pt win as well in a heart beat and wouldn't care what other fans say. Just like I didn't listen to it about the zona game. It's a rivalry game on the road. Take any W you can scrape together if you can.
because the UW fans i work with are less likely to give me as much shit if UW looks ok and barely squeaks one out vs if they blow Oregon out. its not about embarrassment just how much I have to hear.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the UW fans i work with are less likely to give me as much shit if UW looks ok and barely squeaks one out vs if they blow Oregon out. its not about embarrassment just how much I have to hear.
Fair enough. I don't work with any ducks thank goodness, but I'm with you on that one.

You just know that if UW won by 1 point in some bad game on both sides that we would still hear duck fans trying to troll us up here and I'd not listen to a word of it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually thats an assumption. I have worked here 13 years. the only time Oregon lost to UW in that time was my first year here and i didnt really know anyone. but over the years of talking with them I feel like thats how it would go.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually thats an assumption. I have worked here 13 years. the only time Oregon lost to UW in that time was my first year here and i didnt really know anyone. but over the years of talking with them I feel like thats how it would go.
Have you rubbed it in with those 12 wins? Because that's the tale of the tape on that match up isn't it?

Poke the bear one too many times and it might bust out of that cage with a vengeance.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly a win this week for UW would bring things back around full circle again. So many of your fans told us they hate UW so much because of how bad our fans were when we were on top. Then your fans actually acted as bad or worse during this run. Entirely nullifying the very reason they had hate to begin with. And you can bet our fans will be going as crazy as yours were with that 'pick' play back in the late 90's because of how they have been treated.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you rubbed it in with those 12 wins? Because that's the tale of the tape on that match up isn't it?

Poke the bear one too many times and it might bust out of that cage with a vengeance.
no. we banter before hand and talk about keys to have our team win. like apparently even if Freeman has a good game it dont matter. need Oregon players to stop getting hurt. and hey Oregon only had 4 penalties today so thats a plus need that next week too.
I have 1 doc that likes to make bets and then after the game not pay up because Oregon didn't cover or something like that. Usually I just smile or shrug in a rather I told you so kind of way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. we banter before hand and talk about keys to have our team win. like apparently even if Freeman has a good game it dont matter. need Oregon players to stop getting hurt. and hey Oregon only had 4 penalties today so thats a plus need that next week too.
I have 1 doc that likes to make bets and then after the game not pay up because Oregon didn't cover or something like that. Usually I just smile or shrug in a rather I told you so kind of way.
I'd imagine if I worked with you and you are more or less like you are up here that I wouldn't rub it in if UW blows them out. You aren't a big trash talking kind of guy so I don't tend to do that unless I'm bored and I don't do that shit in real life. Anyone who does is kind of lame.

I'd probably say something similar to tonight like damn man. I know that pain.

:suds:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what kind of sucks, they guys who were the worst on here don't really post anymore. Other than OD of course, and there's a couple douche bags who like to pop up when they can get (or at least try to get) shots in. But the shit talking regulars from the last few years are pretty much MIA.

Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself, in no way am writing this off as a win, but obviously I'm more optimistic than I've been since I've been here (really since before i was on sports message boards in general). So if the Dawgs do get it done, it'd be nice if they could pop in for a week or so so I could tell them to eat shit...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what kind of sucks, they guys who were the worst on here don't really post anymore. Other than OD of course, and there's a couple douche bags who like to pop up when they can get (or at least try to get) shots in. But the shit talking regulars from the last few years are pretty much MIA.

Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself, in no way am writing this off as a win, but obviously I'm more optimistic than I've been since I've been here (really since before i was on sports message boards in general). So if the Dawgs do get it done, it'd be nice if they could pop in for a week or so so I could tell them to eat shit...
You will have to settle for knowing they are eating their words even if they aren't here to see you telling them about it.

Honestly, most of them weren't serious and aren't really any worse than we will be to them if this role reversal happens. A couple of them are complicated sure, but our fans will unleash all that pent up anger over the douchey bullshit we have suffered these last 12 years and it won't look that much different than what they did whenever that 'pick' game happened. It's just rivalry crap. It's going to be fun to unload on them, but I don't really take it that seriously either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.