• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at bowling league. watched the game in passing on the side tvs. Gotta say this was the first time UW looked impressive against someone with a pulse.
So based on that what do we make of UCLA who Stanford barely beat?
how good is Arizona actually who UW barely escaped in OT?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at bowling league. watched the game in passing on the side tvs. Gotta say this was the first time UW looked impressive against someone with a pulse.
The whole transitive thing just doesn't really work. All will be answered, plenty of season left.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just go full OD on me? Never go full OD.

Seriously, that's not how college football works and you know it. These are kids and few teams play with the same intensity and consistency every game. That's just a fact. It's also a fact that some teams match up with others better. For some Stanford's style might not be as challenging as say WSU's. Doesn't mean WSU is a better overall team, it simply means they are a tougher out for that team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh as far as the Stanford game goes?

UW almost lost to a bad Arizona team for their first test.

I'm going Trees.
How'd that work out for you? :noidea:
UCLA WAS ranked this year and had lost a close battle on the road vs Texas AM, and Stanford had to play at UCLA.
Your logic once again showed how little you know about college football.
Are you guys even top 10 right now? seriously? I don't know because I think you dropped after that close win in OT vs Arizona. The pollsters also see that the pups are not that great this year. Stanford will take care of business and Washington fans will be reminded they aren't elite...still...
Top 10? You bet. Won't make top 4 after next week even if they do you as dirty as the trees because your team stinks so bad they aren't worth moving a team up after raping them anymore. Face it. You all got rode hard and put away wet and now you aren't worth $5 for a BJ.
The fact of the matter is whatever your rank is after Stanford, you lose it when you come to Autzen. Ducks will be ready to continue the streak.
Oh heck no, I would LOVE It. Why? Because it would be the perfect game to show everyone that Oregon is still the owners of the Northwest and that this is still a Husky free Northwest.

I would LOVE to beat an unbeaten highly ranked fusky team at Autzen. please please bring it on!
Be careful what you wish for. So far this year you aren't doing so well with your bold predictions.

:suds:

God I love me some OD quotes. Shit never gets old.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Haven't seen the highlights at all (was at waterpolo tournament last night). But the score kept getting higher and higher for the Huskys. Congrats on the beatdown. We may have a playoff team in the PAC this year after all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drunk. We don't want Bama but low key do.
Whoa big fella. Start with next week and take out that menace to the south.

I'm still betting UW has at least one loss this year if not two. They will get tripped up somewhere. They basically played a perfect night of football, but this young team won't stay consistently there the rest of the way.

Either way I feel like a huge weight was lifted last night. Don't really even care if they did lose to the ducks or USC down the stretch. Nothing will take away the progress and statement of this game. Just look to the next challenge and keep remembering these are kids. Stanford is still a hell of a quality team and they laid a massive egg last night. Pretty much any team can have that happen. Even the great ones. That's part of why we all love this game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa big fella. Start with next week and take out that menace to the south.

I'm still betting UW has at least one loss this year if not two. They will get tripped up somewhere. They basically played a perfect night of football, but this young team won't stay consistently there the rest of the way.

Either way I feel like a huge weight was lifted last night. Don't really even care if they did lose to the ducks or USC down the stretch. Nothing will take away the progress and statement of this game. Just look to the next challenge and keep remembering these are kids. Stanford is still a hell of a quality team and they laid a massive egg last night. Pretty much any team can have that happen. Even the great ones. That's part of why we all love this game.
you never know it could be like some of those USC years under pete where the trip up was simply a close win to someone UW should have beat easy enough. like Arizona a week ago. People had UW winning without much problem but it went OT.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never know it could be like some of those USC years under pete where the trip up was simply a close win to someone UW should have beat easy enough. like Arizona a week ago. People had UW winning without much problem but it went OT.
I think we are talking kind of two different things. While SHF was talking playoffs, I kind of shifted to more about staying with the goal of winning the conference and getting to the RB. To me I just don't think they will play consistently enough to overcome the 4-5 major programs currently in the top 6. Even if they blew out the ducks, trojans, and maybe utah, I don't see them earning a spot and I really don't think they blow those guys out anyway.

The playoffs are part on the field scores/stats and part popularity contest and it always feels like you kind of have to be around the top 10 for a while to get extra credit.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW looked very good, but the truth is, Stanford never showed up. After escaping in LA last week and the "game" last night, it is obvious that Stanford was never a top ten team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW looked very good, but the truth is, Stanford never showed up. After escaping in LA last week and the "game" last night, it is obvious that Stanford was never a top ten team.
That's some knee jerk reaction kind of stuff.

You don't blow out a quality team without a number of factors. Stanford had some key injuries, UW played a nearly flawless game, the trees got on their heals and never adjusted, the crowd had a major impact, etc.

But you can't draw sweeping conclusions after that game. For either team. UW is fully capable of playing more like they did vs zona where self inflicted wounds pile up. Stanford is fully capable of going on a run and staying in the hunt for the north.

The only thing you can say is on that day, on that field, UW played the best and looked like a complete team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, how do we not have even one single game on at 12:30? I mean I get the TV bullshit about having a few games at night, but not even ONE damned game at the traditional start time for west coast football? Games at 3, 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30 on top of the only real day game that starts at 11:30.

I thought they told us at the media days that they listened to fans gripes over the late night games and made adjustments?

This is just total bullshit.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some knee jerk reaction kind of stuff.

You don't blow out a quality team without a number of factors. Stanford had some key injuries, UW played a nearly flawless game, the trees got on their heals and never adjusted, the crowd had a major impact, etc.

But you can't draw sweeping conclusions after that game. For either team. UW is fully capable of playing more like they did vs zona where self inflicted wounds pile up. Stanford is fully capable of going on a run and staying in the hunt for the north.

The only thing you can say is on that day, on that field, UW played the best and looked like a complete team.
Minus van Winkle. What's his problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.