• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're Welcome! :yo:

The loss of Marx is a big one for them. He's the bulldozer for McCaffreys game.

But still, Stanford has impressed so far this year and they lost a ton of talent to the NFL. They do have to be concerned about those losses to the backfield for this game. Browning has been throwing the deep ball well.

If there is one thing that's noticeably different from last year to this year is the speed increase. Ross, McClatcher, Gaskin, and now Coleman made a name for himself last week. Stanford is going to kitchen sink to slow things down, and their some of the best in the biz at that. But still, Petersen is going to need to control the tempo to have a shot.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a good game. You have to go with Stanford right now because they are tested they have been there. Its going to take a game/level that Washington hasnt reached yet. Not saying that cant , just that it would be new territory.
The Notre Dame Game , the CCG against USC , the Rose Bowl . UCLA last week. The Trees know what to do and how to do it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Marx is a big one for them. He's the bulldozer for McCaffreys game.

But still, Stanford has impressed so far this year and they lost a ton of talent to the NFL. They do have to be concerned about those losses to the backfield for this game. Browning has been throwing the deep ball well.

If there is one thing that's noticeably different from last year to this year is the speed increase. Ross, McClatcher, Gaskin, and now Coleman made a name for himself last week. Stanford is going to kitchen sink to slow things down, and their some of the best in the biz at that. But still, Petersen is going to need to control the tempo to have a shot.
Not just the speed, but the change at WR coach has also shown up with ball skills we didn't see last year in Pettis particularly, but also the others. They have improved a LOT in catching and securing the ball after the catch and that has been huge.

Where my worry is with Stanford is where it always is. They have the body size to dominate the line on both sides of the ball. McCaffrey is going to get holes to run though. You can't let him get past the second layer and last week they didn't tackle well at that level. Baker is going to have to play smarter as well and not get out of position. They may not throw the ball much, but cheat down and leave a guy open and they will expose that. The question is what's the offense going to look like if they can't get a run game going against that defensive front? Can they win through the air alone? They aren't WSU and that's not their game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also of note on last years game, UW didn't have Browning that game due to a shoulder injury and were missing 4 other starters. It was the least competitive game of the year, but starting KJ carta-samuels at QB on top of those injuries were huge.

This year the roles are reversed. Stanford comes in banged up missing quite a few key starters and have a QB that is last in the conference in total yards. Sure, his rating is good and he's not made a lot of mistakes, but they haven't asked much of him. Without one of their key blockers for McCaffrey can that defense force them to throw and how will that young QB respond to a type of pressure he hasn't yet faced? :noidea:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh heck no, I would LOVE It. Why? Because it would be the perfect game to show everyone that Oregon is still the owners of the Northwest and that this is still a Husky free Northwest.

I would LOVE to beat an unbeaten highly ranked fusky team at Autzen. please please bring it on!

:L

I can't tell if you're serious, however I'm afraid you might actually be...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on my personal life... changed my professions sportsfans!

I plan on being a winner from now on!

Current project is a in-State Bowl Game between my 1-11 Beavers taking on the powerhouse 6A High School Champions of this year. Currently locking down a venue commitment @ PGE Park in the heart of the good city of Portland Oregon. Game will be a sellout for sure. Order your tickets today @SnubHub.com.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games this weekend feature two top 10 teams squaring off. How often does that happen? So 3 top 10 teams are all but guaranteed to drop out of the top 10 leaving a lot of room for mid level teams to move up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: I thought that was a fight between you and Oly...

Don't remember OD wading into that discussion much. :noidea:

Actually, it's the fight between Oly and Husky fans. I just like to throw gasoline on the fire every once in awhile.

Oh, and don't be messin' up my trolling of OD, ya bastid. :dhd:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the top 10's facing off. In Pullman we have the battle for the most disappointing team in the conference. Two walk in, one walks away holding up the trophy usually destined for those pesky Sun Devils.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the top 10's facing off. In Pullman we have the battle for the most disappointing team in the conference. Two walk in, one walks away holding up the trophy usually destined for those pesky Sun Devils.
I remember walking out of the stadium after the apple cup of our 0-12 season (which was your only conference win, and a pretty close game if I remember right), there we're cougar fans chanting 'we're #9!'. It cracked me up in a depressing time...

Edit: I just looked it up, and the apple cup was in Pullman that year, so that can't be right... must have been the 2005 season, or one of the other times we both finished at the bottom...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember walking out of the stadium after the apple cup of our 0-12 season (which was your only conference win, and a pretty close game if I remember right), there we're cougar fans chanting 'we're #9!'. It cracked me up in a depressing time...

Edit: I just looked it up, and the apple cup was in Pullman that year, so that can't be right... must have been the 2005 season, or one of the other times we both finished at the bottom...

08 was the rotten Apple Cup year, remember that vividly as I nearly killed my new born daughter when that catch was made down the sidelines to give us our only conference win.

That's the only one I can recall us both being shitty.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
08 was the rotten Apple Cup year, remember that vividly as I nearly killed my new born daughter when that catch was made down the sidelines to give us our only conference win.

That's the only one I can recall us both being shitty.
Yeah, must have been '05 then. We both had one conference win that year, but yours was against us, so you got that coveted #9 spot. Those mid to late '00 years just kind of blend together into one blurry shit memory...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, I thought 04 and 05 you guys knocked us out of bowl contention. Just going off memory no idea, I know through that time span Alex Brink beat you guys 3 times, graduates and our program hit whatever is past rock bottom.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the speed, but the change at WR coach has also shown up with ball skills we didn't see last year in Pettis particularly, but also the others. They have improved a LOT in catching and securing the ball after the catch and that has been huge.

Where my worry is with Stanford is where it always is. They have the body size to dominate the line on both sides of the ball. McCaffrey is going to get holes to run though. You can't let him get past the second layer and last week they didn't tackle well at that level. Baker is going to have to play smarter as well and not get out of position. They may not throw the ball much, but cheat down and leave a guy open and they will expose that. The question is what's the offense going to look like if they can't get a run game going against that defensive front? Can they win through the air alone? They aren't WSU and that's not their game.

Dawgs got some nice size with the front 7 so I like our chances at containing McCaffrey enough that it will impact the game. You can't just shut him down, but I think our D is good enough to contain him.
Yep, Stanford has beef on the lines, but we got some as well.
It's our house this time and Browning isn't out.
I think we got this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs got some nice size with the front 7 so I like our chances at containing McCaffrey enough that it will impact the game. You can't just shut him down, but I think our D is good enough to contain him.
Yep, Stanford has beef on the lines, but we got some as well.
It's our house this time and Browning isn't out.
I think we got this.
Even if they held McCaffrey to no more than 150y on the ground that's a good night. They aren't going to get chunks of yards through the air. They need to not let him gash them through to the third layer as much as that kid from Zona though. Don't wrap him up early and he's gone.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeon SportsHoopla bookie. Get that game up for betting.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they held McCaffrey to no more than 150y on the ground that's a good night. They aren't going to get chunks of yards through the air. They need to not let him gash them through to the third layer as much as that kid from Zona though. Don't wrap him up early and he's gone.

Tackling, tackling, tackling. It will be the story of the game. You give him a hole, he's gone.
And the huskies got to attack that now very weakened furd backfield.
And make it so loud, it wakes the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.