• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't both excited and a bit nervous at the same time? Is that just me? :noidea: Certainly rather have that versus the boring ass BS we have suffered the last 3 weeks, but man I hope this team is half of what they are billed to be this year.

Holy shit, why so many in house problems this year? I don't think that kind of drama is typical even with a coaching change is it? I mean players hitting coaches and stuff like that? Wow. Your team has so many things to overcome. Feel for you man. Not fun as a fan to deal with that kind of shit.

Yeah crazy. Hopefully things die down in the next few days. So far no one has asked to transfer. Helton told them if anyone wants to that he wont stop them so I'm guessing by friday if they are still on the team they have decided to stay.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't both excited and a bit nervous at the same time? Is that just me? :noidea: Certainly rather have that versus the boring ass BS we have suffered the last 3 weeks, but man I hope this team is half of what they are billed to be this year.

What has me pumped about those first 3 games is how they just really didn't miss a beat, they went out and did exactly what they were supposed to do, there were no slow starts (Idaho maybe a little, but not really), no stupid mistakes, they just did their thing. That's my big take away at this point. It's hard to get really excited about beating up inferior teams, but all things considered it was really as good of start as we could have wanted. It looks and feels like Petersen finally has his system/expectations/culture, whatever you want to call it, in place. Obviously they still have a lot to prove as far as any hype goes, but that's not really our thing, just kind of an added bonus. I just want to see a clear step forward this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah crazy. Hopefully things die down in the next few days. So far no one has asked to transfer. Helton told them if anyone wants to that he wont stop them so I'm guessing by friday if they are still on the team they have decided to stay.
I'm not so sure it would work like that? :noidea: I know there are rules about transfers and sitting out and it may take time for some of the kids to weigh those penalties along with actually trying to figure out what school to go to and talk to coaches etc. Those things don't happen quickly. Hopefully it's just a small number of kids and doesn't cause any real long term issues.

I know we had a few dipshits when Petersen came in and there were several dismissed from the team and a couple of transfers. Made his first season a bit rough and the impact was felt all of that season. I guess that's why it hits a little close to home and I feel for your fans. So frustrating, but always have to remember we are all obsessing about kids playing a game and kids will be kids right? Sheesh.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has me pumped about those first 3 games is how they just really didn't miss a beat, they went out and did exactly what they were supposed to do, there were no slow starts (Idaho maybe a little, but not really), no stupid mistakes, they just did their thing. That's my big take away at this point. It's hard to get really excited about beating up inferior teams, but all things considered it was really as good of start as we could have wanted. It looks and feels like Petersen finally has his system/expectations/culture, whatever you want to call it, in place. Obviously they still have a lot to prove as far as any hype goes, but that's not really our thing, just kind of an added bonus. I just want to see a clear step forward this year.
I've been pretty vocal about my concerns starting with the O line. There is zero power run game on this team and they struggled to get yards inside or outside with consistency against questionable defenses. The Pac isn't going to be easier. Jake didn't run a lot, but those weren't Pac rushers either so we really won't know how far he has come playing under duress until he actually plays under duress.

I did love the defensive effort and I'm far less concerned about that side of the ball, but I do wish we had seen more swarming pass rushes against those weaker O lines. That would help sooth my nerves more too.

Love the development of the WR's though and having Ross back is unbelievable. It's like opening up a christmas present and finding a 6 pack of playboy playmates inside of it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it would work like that? :noidea: I know there are rules about transfers and sitting out and it may take time for some of the kids to weigh those penalties along with actually trying to figure out what school to go to and talk to coaches etc. Those things don't happen quickly. Hopefully it's just a small number of kids and doesn't cause any real long term issues.

I know we had a few dipshits when Petersen came in and there were several dismissed from the team and a couple of transfers. Made his first season a bit rough and the impact was felt all of that season. I guess that's why it hits a little close to home and I feel for your fans. So frustrating, but always have to remember we are all obsessing about kids playing a game and kids will be kids right? Sheesh.

Well , most of the time coaches try to make it a bit hard for players to leave by giving them a list of teams they wont let them transfer to. There are some rules per conference and NCAA about how long they have to sit out but if other schools know they dont have anything to worry about as far as USC fighting the transfer the kids basically back to being a recruit. For Browne he could go to a lower division and start right away I think. The O line man is a true freshman so he really wouldn't lose much time and could play next year for anyone. The DB Ross is also a freshman so he'd be a soph if he sat out the rest of this year and have three full seasons to play for another team.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been pretty vocal about my concerns starting with the O line. There is zero power run game on this team and they struggled to get yards inside or outside with consistency against questionable defenses. The Pac isn't going to be easier. Jake didn't run a lot, but those weren't Pac rushers either so we really won't know how far he has come playing under duress until he actually plays under duress.

I did love the defensive effort and I'm far less concerned about that side of the ball, but I do wish we had seen more swarming pass rushes against those weaker O lines. That would help sooth my nerves more too.

Love the development of the WR's though and having Ross back is unbelievable. It's like opening up a christmas present and finding a 6 pack of playboy playmates inside of it.
Yeah, as far as concerns go the o line is where it pretty much starts and ends for me right now. I'm not taking concerns too seriously at this point the same way I'm not taking the impressive aspects too seriously. Bring on pac 12 play and it'll all get sorted out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was to be expected a few USC players would transfer out with an entire new coaching staff. Happens.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well , most of the time coaches try to make it a bit hard for players to leave by giving them a list of teams they wont let them transfer to. There are some rules per conference and NCAA about how long they have to sit out but if other schools know they dont have anything to worry about as far as USC fighting the transfer the kids basically back to being a recruit. For Browne he could go to a lower division and start right away I think. The O line man is a true freshman so he really wouldn't lose much time and could play next year for anyone.
I really don't know the details of those transfer rules but are you sure simply not having played in a game and yet transferring after the season starts doesn't still require a season to sit out without special consideration? Seems to me a few players like Troy Williams and those had to miss a year anyway?

It's more the overall distraction to the program though. Hard to get your team really really focused and dialed in with dissension in the ranks.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know the details of those transfer rules but are you sure simply not having played in a game and yet transferring after the season starts doesn't still require a season to sit out without special consideration? Seems to me a few players like Troy Williams and those had to miss a year anyway?

It's more the overall distraction to the program though. Hard to get your team really really focused and dialed in with dissension in the ranks.

I remember not too long ago Amir Carlisle was a freshman at USC and then transferred to Notre dame and had three years of eligibility left at Notre Dame . I think if you're a true freshman and play that year then transfer m you sit out a year and still have three full seasons to play . Basically you burned a red shirt year. So unless you get seriously hurt before a season starts and get a medical you have only those three season left.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you don't lose eligibility in a transfer, just wondered about the sitting out a year part even if you didn't actually get on the field (red shirt).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the timer starts as soon as they start attending classes. If those kids have not gone to any classes they can transfer and not lose a full academic year. As soon as they start attending classes their year begins and the rules state you must sit out a full and complete academic year before resuming your eligibility and they define that as a full 2 semesters or 3 full quarters and summer classes to not qualify.

So you may be right that you might get quick answers if school hasn't started yet. That clock gets a whole lot shorter before the first class.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gottcha. But what i'm saying is UCLA gained ground on USC but not on the PAC. Other teams like Oregon and Stanford took control. Now Stanford looks to still be on top and maybe Oregon a close second (gonna be a good game) and Washington is supposedly on their heals.
Hey, that fact that the Bruins were even in the mix, albeit as a long shot, says they've gained on the PAC in total.

They have just not taken advantage of their situation yet to lead the conference. They have challenged however.

UCLA did give Stanford a good showing in the 2013 CCG. If a play here or there goes the Bruins way, who knows, they could have been the ones beating them Badgers in the Rose Bowl!

Ah well, if 'IF's' were Fifths we'd all be drunk!

:lol:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be at a wedding when UW no doubt crushes us this weekend so ill be mercifully spared from witnessing the bloodbath.
I'm going down for the game so I'll suffer for you. I've had recent practice sweating it out. I'll even root for the Cats. Yes, I will....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman listed as the starter for this weeks game. Hope he isn't trying to come back too soon, but this is good news for duck nation for sure. Not that they probably need him against Colorado if they don't have Sefo playing.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were pretty good, yeah, but I saw a good number of over and under throws when the intended target was open and he wasn't under pressure.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helton just confirmed that E.J. Price will transfer out, but denying that a punch to the face happened.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price was a 4-star recruit from Georgia. I'm sure he'll land with a tSEC team in a second.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, that fact that the Bruins were even in the mix, albeit as a long shot, says they've gained on the PAC in total.

They have just not taken advantage of their situation yet to lead the conference. They have challenged however.

UCLA did give Stanford a good showing in the 2013 CCG. If a play here or there goes the Bruins way, who knows, they could have been the ones beating them Badgers in the Rose Bowl!

Ah well, if 'IF's' were Fifths we'd all be drunk!

:lol:
Wasnt that the year USC had a better record but wasnt allowed to go to the CCG as part of thier penalties?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt that the year USC had a better record but wasnt allowed to go to the CCG as part of thier penalties?
No, that was the 2011 Season when the Bruins played Oregon in the CCG, the first year of the PAC12.

Status
Not open for further replies.