• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Buffs. Thought we had a chance to represent the Pac 12 in the Big House there for a while. Once Sefo went down, so did our chances. The team pretty much deflated after that. We also decided to use pop warner punt team and essentially give up 21 points to Michigan that way. Peppers is a beast regardless.

interested to see how they fare against Oregon on the road this weekend. Some injuries on both sides. I think Oregon has the RB depth to not really need Freeman. Only CU could lose their kicker somehow to injury, but that's how it goes. If Oregon watches the Michigan tape, they'll be running wide shit and TE passes all day.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he's Phil's #1 choice if he cans Helfrich this year. The Kelly era proved he doesn't give a rip how many arrests happen or how many athletically gifted retards who spell their names with an X are on the roster. Oregon's only purpose is to pimp Nike and Phil didn't invest all those hundreds of millions into that "school" for it it's football program to be mediocre.
Briles and Uncle Phil are a marriage made in heaven.

"Oregon's only purpose is to pimp Nike"

yup

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been told many a times. (Thanks TF12!)

Never stated anything to the contrary.

Either way, the point being, considering where both USC and UCLA were prior to the Sanctions and where they are both now, UCLA has made up ground.

Prior to the sanctions, USC was a power in the PAC. During the sanctions, Oregon and Stanford were the powers in the PAC and still are with Washington nipping at their heals. UCLA won no Rose Bowls or big January bowls (Pretty sure) while USC was sitting in the corner. Being close to where USC is right now isn't really an accomplishment in my eyes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like USC is pulling Browne and going with Darnold this week.
Browne says he would be lying if he didnt say he is weighing all his options going forward after this season. Transfer?
I feel bad for him he's waited and nows supposed to be his time but he hasn't helped himself out there. There's a difference in the offense when Darnold is in there. They seem to play harder. Browne is going to be an NFL QB he's got the tools but he's not built for the college game unless he's behind Alabamas o line . You can do more in college with a mobile QB. In the Pros you can still win with Big Ben and Brady and Carson Palmer type pocket QBs.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him he's waited and nows supposed to be his time but he hasn't helped himself out there. There's a difference in the offense when Darnold is in there. They seem to play harder. Browne is going to be an NFL QB he's got the tools but he's not built for the college game unless he's behind Alabamas o line . You can do more in college with a mobile QB. In the Pros you can still win with Big Ben and Brady and Carson Palmer type pocket QBs.
Didn't all of the guys you mention win at the college level as well? :noidea:

Browning isn't big and can't run, but UW is a much better team with him under center than any other QB they have had in at least 10 years and yes, that includes Jake Locker.

If Browne was commanding the game from the pocket well enough he would force their hand in starting him no matter how mobile and athletic the backup is. I admit I haven't seen much of the USC offense this year yet, but I'm assuming he didn't perform up to their standards or he wouldn't be riding the pine.

It's kind of a bitch move to even say outloud to anyone that you might consider your options when you are this early in the season and simply being told the next game is going to the other guy. How about just go work your ass off at improving and fight to get that job back instead?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't all of the guys you mention win at the college level as well? :noidea:

Browning isn't big and can't run, but UW is a much better team with him under center than any other QB they have had in at least 10 years and yes, that includes Jake Locker.

If Browne was commanding the game from the pocket well enough he would force their hand in starting him no matter how mobile and athletic the backup is. I admit I haven't seen much of the USC offense this year yet, but I'm assuming he didn't perform up to their standards or he wouldn't be riding the pine.

It's kind of a bitch move to even say outloud to anyone that you might consider your options when you are this early in the season and simply being told the next game is going to the other guy. How about just go work your ass off at improving and fight to get that job back instead?

The O line has been bad and inconsistent and the play calling hasn't been good. I'm not blaming Browne. If he had time and the O was well coached he would be doing better. I'm not blaming him for the 1-2 start. I don't think anyone is. But Darnold is better when things break down or you need to extend the play.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have watched Wilson do that for the Seahawks behind a shit line for years so I fully get it.

Still think it's a bitch move to even hint at looking into transfers for being benched as the starter this early into the season. That would have my full attention as a coach I can tell you that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the sanctions, USC was a power in the PAC. During the sanctions, Oregon and Stanford were the powers in the PAC and still are with Washington nipping at their heals. UCLA won no Rose Bowls or big January bowls (Pretty sure) while USC was sitting in the corner. Being close to where USC is right now isn't really an accomplishment in my eyes.
Well I'm pretty sure you are taking my statements out of context Jim.

I was responding to OD's post where he said UCLA couldn't gain any ground during the dark years for USC.

But they did, because the USC program was far ahead the UCLA program.

From 2006 to 2010, UCLA had a total of 28 wins & USC had a total of 51 for a difference of 23 wins. UCLA was never ranked and USC was ranked 4 out of the 5 years. (2006 #4; 2007' #3; 2008' #3; 2009' #22) UCLA was only able to win 1 of the 5 head to head contests. USC went to 4 Rose Bowl games, (1 was the NT game) and UCLA never came close to winning the PAC.

From 2011 to 2015 UCLA had a total of 43 wins and USC had 44 wins for a difference of 1 win. Both UCLA & USC were ranked 2 of the 5 years, (2013 UCLA #16, USC #19; 2014 UCLA #10, USC #20) and UCLA won 4 of the 5 head to head contests. Neither team went to the NT playoffs or the Rose Bowl. UCLA won the South Division 2 out of 5 years, and USC won the South Division 1 out of 5 years.

Now I'm not saying UCLA owns LA or surpassed USC, rather from where they were prior to where they are now, UCLA did gain ground, and that was the context of my reply to OD.

Last edited:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Buffs. Thought we had a chance to represent the Pac 12 in the Big House there for a while. Once Sefo went down, so did our chances. The team pretty much deflated after that. We also decided to use pop warner punt team and essentially give up 21 points to Michigan that way. Peppers is a beast regardless.

interested to see how they fare against Oregon on the road this weekend. Some injuries on both sides. I think Oregon has the RB depth to not really need Freeman. Only CU could lose their kicker somehow to injury, but that's how it goes. If Oregon watches the Michigan tape, they'll be running wide shit and TE passes all day.
is Sefo hurt vs Oregon?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm pretty sure you are taking my statements out of context Jim.

I was responding to OD's post where he said UCLA couldn't gain any ground during the dark years for USC.

But they did, because the USC program was far ahead the UCLA program.

From 2006 to 2010, UCLA had a total of 28 wins & USC had a total of 51 for a difference of 23 wins. UCLA was never ranked and USC was ranked 4 out of the 5 years. (2006 #4; 2007' #3; 2008' #3; 2009' #22) UCLA was only able to win 1 of the 5 head to head contests. USC went to 4 Rose Bowl games, (1 was the NT game) and UCLA never came close to winning the PAC.

From 2011 to 2015 UCLA had a total of 43 wins and USC had 44 wins for a difference of 1 win. Both UCLA & USC were ranked 2 of the 5 years, (2013 UCLA #16, USC #19; 2014 UCLA #10, USC #20) and UCLA won 4 of the 5 head to head contests. Neither team went to the NT playoffs or the Rose Bowl. UCLA won the South Division 2 out of 5 years, and USC won the South Division 1 out of 5 years.

Now I'm not saying UCLA owns LA or surpassed USC, rather from where they were prior to where they are now, UCLA did gain ground, and that was the context of my reply to OD.

Gottcha. But what i'm saying is UCLA gained ground on USC but not on the PAC. Other teams like Oregon and Stanford took control. Now Stanford looks to still be on top and maybe Oregon a close second (gonna be a good game) and Washington is supposedly on their heals.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still listed as questionable. so is Freeman.
CU lost a LB though and Oregon WR Allen and OLineman Crosby
Freeman wont play. He is out at least a week.

If Sefo is out this is going to be the same old Colorado buffaloes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have watched Wilson do that for the Seahawks behind a shit line for years so I fully get it.

Still think it's a bitch move to even hint at looking into transfers for being benched as the starter this early into the season. That would have my full attention as a coach I can tell you that.

That I;m with you on. You do what you can to get better. He's got a great arm he's actually got to learn to throw it with some velocity instead of every throw being a touch pass. That's were I dont blame him. i've seen him throw darts before but i dont see plays called where he's got slants to the middle or skinny posts. With Darrius Rodgers and Juju he should be able to hit those.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Freeman is out 2 weeks, I'm hoping for him to fully heal. No reason to rush back.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Sefo hurt vs Oregon?

he's questionable. he's the toughest sob I've seen play QB in awhile. CU hasn't t protected him much in the past and he's taken some big hits. so if he can play, he'll play. but the like to call a lot of QB runs so maybe if he can't do that effectively they'll play Montez.

I don't really think it'll matter. Our LBs suck and are slow (well 2 of them anyway) and one of our best DEs also got injured. not good recipe for Ducks speed at RB. they still haven't tackled Taj Griffin yet.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumblings that USC Olineman E.J. Price plans to leave the team.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Schultz mentioned that U$C was talking trash much of the game.

He then posted this. Someone is salty.

Here is the Vine of him blowing up #19, he did the same on the Rector end around.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I wasn't really concerned about his stats though. That loss was definitely way more on coaching, just saw him miss a few throws.
Yeah, I've been unimpressed with his accuracy. He's had a couple throws that if made against better competition would've been going the other way. Given he's still new in the system I'm not going to be too harsh, but he needs to get his nose to the grindstone or the frosh might be starting before long.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like USC is pulling Browne and going with Darnold this week.
Browne says he would be lying if he didnt say he is weighing all his options going forward after this season. Transfer?
Im not sure how much truth is in this, But if the rumors are right it could be bad. Its looking like Price punched Helton in practice. And theres a lot of talk of transfers. Its not clear whether Price was kicked off the team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.