• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think I was more commenting on the 'we're fine', almost defensive attitude of duck fans when it comes to some things that should be concerning. They'll start noticing real quick when those issues show themselves in losses though.

No way they can just dump Helfrich, they seem to want to keep their identity that was instilled by chip, and they aren't ready to give up on where they were/are to have to rebuild (nor should they be). It's just kind of a shitty scenario for them. They have to give Helfrich a chance to keep it all going, but if he's indeed trending down, the damage is probably done by the time they drop him.
The more balanced offense between passing and rushing that Helfrich has had so far is favorable to Kellys skewed one way numbers for me.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my best guess is Oregon is done with the no or little experience guys. it worked well with Kelly. its been ok with Helfrich but next they will go for someone with something under their belt beyond what Frost has or will have at that time.
Yes but if we go with an experienced head coach with his own system and coaches he then change our entire system and culture. Meaning a couple years of rebuilding and probably bad seasons.

It's a shitty situation.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the ducks had hit on any of their QB recruits there's no chance this conversation is happening and we have been saying that really all summer long. You can't keep marching out a rent an arm year after year and spending all that time getting a kid ready for one campaign and then off to the next one. Works in basketball, doesn't work for major college football QB's, or at least won't work that often.

There is a kid behind Prukop they really like and think will be that next hit. Good chance he's on the field next year. Think his name is like Herbert? Came in late and still passed up everyone else to be the backup as a true frosh. If he hits on any level, even with some growing pains next year, all is forgotten about this conversation and it's back to Helfrich is god.

You HAVE to have a top flight QB to compete at this level and it helps when they have years in your system.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im personally still not on the fire Helfirch train.
so far from the transition he kept things going well with Kelly players. he did what he had to do last season and 9 wins with 3 close losses after losing the QB to me says that getting Adams was a good move that he had to make.
he had to do it again.
for those saying that Oregon hasn't recruited QB well, that's on both Kelly and Helfrich. but Helf is here and doing whats necessary.
maybe doesn't work out as well this season maybe it does. still early this season and the team I have seen so far looks the same on offense and better on defense (mostly just in the first half though)

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more balanced offense between passing and rushing that Helfrich has had so far is favorable to Kellys skewed one way numbers for me.
Yeah, I'd say it's always ideal to be balanced if you can.

Maybe he's gonna be fine and keep you guys going.

Kind of on topic, have you been impressed, or even just content with Prukop? Like I said, that was the first oregon game I've watched, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if we go with an experienced head coach with his own system and coaches he then change our entire system and culture. Meaning a couple years of rebuilding and probably bad seasons.

It's a shitty situation.
except that's pretty much what Kelly did as OC and Oregon was a Dixon injury from the NC and a Heisman. all it did when he took over as head coach was get faster.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a debate going on at OLive where some Duck fans are wishing we had picked up Petersen.

Depending on this season on how things go in Washington, but if doesn't live up to expectations this year, and next year maybe UW wants to move on? Could be perfect timing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except that's pretty much what Kelly did as OC and Oregon was a Dixon injury from the NC and a Heisman. all it did when he took over as head coach was get faster.
True, but not sure if that was just having the right type of players already in place that fit Kelly's vision or what. Dixon was an atrocious QB before Kelly took him under his wing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a debate going on at OLive where some Duck fans are wishing we had picked up Petersen.

Depending on this season on how things go in Washington, but if doesn't live up to expectations this year, and next year maybe UW wants to move on? Could be perfect timing.
So if Petersen fails at UW you want him over Helfrich? :L

Man, this all just sounds like knee jerk reactions. The sky is not falling in Eugene bro. It isn't.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Ducks lose starting Offensive Guard Crosby for the season he is a Junior.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd say it's always ideal to be balanced if you can.

Maybe he's gonna be fine and keep you guys going.

Kind of on topic, have you been impressed, or even just content with Prukop? Like I said, that was the first oregon game I've watched, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions.
im fine with Prukop. 3 games 748 yards 6 td and 0 int 66.7% 152 rushing 1 TD 2 wins 1 loss not on him as much as coaching not kicking xtra points with a good kicker

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no. just, no

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS Oregon doesn't want Briles either

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, when you said he was going to melt down I didn't think it was going to go this far Oly. OD's not handling that close game loss well and now these injuries on top of it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
though not sure who they would go for. Brohm and Western Kentucky maybe. but he only has a couple years as head coach.
Petrino after what he has done at Louisville and did to Florida State but he has baggage.
Rocky long has done a good turn around at San Diego State but he old.
maybe the dude at Appalachian State?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im fine with Prukop. 3 games 748 yards 6 td and 0 int 66.7% 152 rushing 1 TD 2 wins 1 loss not on him as much as coaching not kicking xtra points with a good kicker

Fair enough. I wasn't really concerned about his stats though. That loss was definitely way more on coaching, just saw him miss a few throws.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great program, great coach you got there. Even during USC's darkest days you guys couldn't gain any ground. Hell, USC still in dark days and UCLA is continuing to tread water.
What are you even talking about, do you even know?

UCLA was light years behind USC the year prior to the NCAA sanctions and everyone knew it.

With that said, UCLA still managed to win the South or control it's own destiny in the controlling game of the season every year since the USC sanctions were imposed.

2011 UCLA Won the PAC12 South
2012 UCLA Won the PAC12 South
2013 UCLA Only needed a win in the game vs AZ St. to win the South, AZ St. Won.
2014 UCLA Only needed a win in the final game to win the South, Arizona Won.
2015 UCLA Only needed a win in the final game to win the South, USC Won at full strength vs UCLA with the UCLA true Freshman QB at the helm.
No other PAC12 South team can say that!

Most would say we gained ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.