• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a debate going on at OLive where some Duck fans are wishing we had picked up Petersen.
Hell, which PAC team didn't want Peterson over the years?

Just the right time the right place for the Dubbs.

I've said all along that it was only a matter of time before the dividends would pay off with the Peterson hire. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen injured his other knee from what he hurt in the Rose Bowl in 14. apparently it is not an uncommon thing for a contralateral ACL injury

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I wasn't really concerned about his stats though. That loss was definitely way more on coaching, just saw him miss a few throws.
well yeah but if you ask if im ok with him that's what im going to give you to convey why im ok with him. if he was hitting 40% 3 TD and 7 INT and I said I was fine vs what he has wouldn't you think I was losing it?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you even talking about, do you even know?

UCLA was light years behind USC the year prior to the NCAA sanctions and everyone knew it.

With that said, UCLA still managed to win the South or control it's own destiny in the controlling game of the season every year since the USC sanctions were imposed.

2011 UCLA Won the PAC12 South
2012 UCLA Won the PAC12 South
2013 UCLA Only needed a win in the game vs AZ St. to win the South, AZ St. Won.
2014 UCLA Only needed a win in the final game to win the South, Arizona Won.
2015 UCLA Only needed a win in the final game to win the South, USC Won at full strength vs UCLA with the UCLA true Freshman QB at the helm.
No other PAC12 South team can say that!

Most would say we gained ground.

Just so you know. While the sanctions are now over ,this senior class is the last class where USC was limited in scholarships to 15. So USCs senior class is about ten players short of being a full class and in 2015 USCs Jr and senior class were both ten players short of full recruiting class. So USC isn't truly done with the handcuffs till this season ends.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCLA was light years behind USC the year prior to the NCAA sanctions and everyone knew it.

With that said, UCLA still managed to win the South or control it's own destiny in the controlling game of the season every year since the USC sanctions were imposed.

2015 UCLA Only needed a win in the final game to win the South, USC Won at full strength vs UCLA with the UCLA true Freshman QB at the helm.

Though to be fair, in that time frame Oregon and U$C have beat Stanford. I here they found a loophole and Hogan will be back for next weeks game. :eek: JK brother.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, which PAC team didn't want Peterson over the years?

Just the right time the right place for the Dubbs.

I've said all along that it was only a matter of time before the dividends would pay off with the Peterson hire. I'm just glad he didn't go to USC!
I have been told (some good moles in the AD) that Stanford pushed hard for Petersen, but Shaw just flat out interviewed better.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, when you said he was going to melt down I didn't think it was going to go this far Oly. OD's not handling that close game loss well and now these injuries on top of it.
Can't blame him. I don't even believe I saw what I saw. I figured as Wiz explained that a certain percentage was needed to make that PAT business work, but that must stretch across games and mess up that thinking. I have thought much about it and come to this conclusion: It's bulllshit and might be credible if you believe that the game outcome will be that close but even then its bullshit unless you are an unranked nobody. I can't believe this has been done regularly?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been told (some good moles in the AD) that Stanford pushed hard for Petersen, but Shaw just flat out interviewed better.

Every team in the South save USC is 0-0, so your destiny is in your own hands. The winner will likely be decided on the last day of the regular season again. You likely will be there. (Assumes Colorado is not as good as they have looked recently and you beat Utah.)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know. While the sanctions are now over ,this senior class is the last class where USC was limited in scholarships to 15. So USCs senior class is about ten players short of being a full class and in 2015 USCs Jr and senior class were both ten players short of full recruiting class. So USC isn't truly done with the handcuffs till this season ends.
So I've been told many a times. (Thanks TF12!)

Never stated anything to the contrary.

Either way, the point being, considering where both USC and UCLA were prior to the Sanctions and where they are both now, UCLA has made up ground.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That's funny. Oregons history is tons of 7-8 win teams. Oh yeah. History started in 2004.

Tons of 7-8 win seasons?

Prior to 2004, if Oregon won 7-8 games in a season there was likely a parade in Eugene.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great program, great coach you got there. Even during USC's darkest days you guys couldn't gain any ground. Hell, USC still in dark days and UCLA is continuing to tread water.

To be fair, they made the mistake of hiring Neuheisel for the first few years. If they had Mora all of this time, I think they'd be much farther along.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. USC was not at full strength.
B. Lame excuse
C. When USC started a true freshman at qb, we beat you. :dhd:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS Oregon doesn't want Briles either

I bet he's Phil's #1 choice if he cans Helfrich this year. The Kelly era proved he doesn't give a rip how many arrests happen or how many athletically gifted retards who spell their names with an X are on the roster. Oregon's only purpose is to pimp Nike and Phil didn't invest all those hundreds of millions into that "school" for it it's football program to be mediocre.
Briles and Uncle Phil are a marriage made in heaven.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. USC was not at full strength.
B. Lame excuse
C. When USC started a true freshman at qb, we beat you. :dhd:
Can't argue with A, B or C...

Okay, hows about this, for another lame excuse..

I was four to five tall boys into it, for medicinal purposes of course, (Recovering from the Rams vs Seattle game yesterday at the Coliseum) when I wrote that.

:suds:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he's Phil's #1 choice if he cans Helfrich this year. The Kelly era proved he doesn't give a rip how many arrests happen or how many athletically gifted retards who spell their names with an X are on the roster. Oregon's only purpose is to pimp Nike and Phil didn't invest all those hundreds of millions into that "school" for it it's football program to be mediocre.
you are thinking of Dennis Erickson and Oregon State

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like USC is pulling Browne and going with Darnold this week.
Browne says he would be lying if he didnt say he is weighing all his options going forward after this season. Transfer?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Briles isn't going anywhere near Eugene - more than likely he will be back at Baylor. Arrests? During Kelly years??? Share a link or better yet research Fulmer Cup. Compare Oregon to the other top 5 programs. Your post is moronic as usual.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like USC is pulling Browne and going with Darnold this week.
Browne says he would be lying if he didnt say he is weighing all his options going forward after this season. Transfer?

Can't really blame him after all the dysfunction that's gone on with the USC staff while he's been there, but he chose USC when he had multi offers from other quality programs. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.