• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to speak with Helfrich on wtf he is doing.

Lets start by shaving off that Portland beard.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utter bullshit coaching from an already bullshit coaching job.

Our biggest deep threat at WR and he is out there defending punts!??!!?

Yeah, that does seem pretty stupid.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the fastest guys in the world and we have no packages or any attempts to him in a big game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Freeman unknown vs Colorado.

Thankfully we probably have the best RB stable in the country.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that - really do, and not that it's supposed to make you feel any better, but Saban does the same thing and it annoys the hell out of me.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, taking off my fuck oregon rivalry hat and not trying to stir up shit and be a dick, I think it's weird you guys haven't had, or at least expressed, more concerns with Helfrich. I mean, I know the whole quarterback issue has made some fun back and forth off season shit talking, but that would have had me concerned from the beginning, and it should be a real concern now. The Nebraska game was the first oregon game I watched this year, and prukop did not look good, at least relative to what's been driving your offense in recent past. I know it was just one game, and his first real 'big' game, but still...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to this blasphemy coaching job vs Nebraska, if Helfrich doesn't get to 10 wins I think it is very very very likely he is gone.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helfrich inherited God given talent thanks to Chip. Rode that wave VERY well, but now that talent is leaving out the door and he is proving he cant develop recruits, his schemes are tiresome and washed up, and he just isn't delivering.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about the PAC Norte division makes me want to vomit...this coming from a clown whose team can't hit wide open receivers.

First of all who in the hell has Washington played who has a pulse? Oregon is losing guys to injury at an alarming rate and then there's Stanford...ok, McCaffrey should have won the Heisman a year ago...kid's unstoppable at this point in time and he is incredible durable as well.

Up teams...Colorado, Cal, Stanford

Down teams...OSU, Ucla, USC

Who knows teams...Oregon, Washington, Wazzou, Utah and the Zona teams

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to this blasphemy coaching job vs Nebraska, if Helfrich doesn't get to 10 wins I think it is very very very likely he is gone.

I'd think that's very unlikely, unless they just totally shit the bed all year, I'd think you're stuck with him at least another year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was all that talk about Chip not taking the Tampa job because he wasn't promised his assistance would get promoted and that his assistance wouldn't be guaranteed the HC job. I am assuming that assistant was Helfrich....Chip wanted this thing to continue well after he left.

However, I see that the Oregon admin saw something Chip did not see and no wonder they didn't promise Helfrich would get the HC gig. Guy could very well be wayyyy over his head.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think that's very unlikely, unless they just totally shit the bed all year, I'd think you're stuck with him at least another year.
Yeah probably right, next year will be his make or break year unless Oregon doesn't go to a bowl game. Then the pitchforks will come out.

But the issue with dumping Helf is either we gotta promote or get a guy who knows our system, OR we risk starting all over with a new coach, having to rebuild into a completely different system.

Scott Frost might be Oregon's next HC.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also 8 or 9 win seasons in PAC-12 North doesn't win you the division like it does in the PAC-12 South.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down teams...OSU, Ucla, USC
What?

I know I have posted low expectations this season but so far a 2-1 OOC record with the one loss in OT to the current Nationally ranked No. 10 SEC Texas A&M team is more on the 'Who Knows' category, rather than the 'Down Teams' no?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, taking off my fuck oregon rivalry hat and not trying to stir up shit and be a dick, I think it's weird you guys haven't had, or at least expressed, more concerns with Helfrich. I mean, I know the whole quarterback issue has made some fun back and forth off season shit talking, but that would have had me concerned from the beginning, and it should be a real concern now. The Nebraska game was the first oregon game I watched this year, and prukop did not look good, at least relative to what's been driving your offense in recent past. I know it was just one game, and his first real 'big' game, but still...
Who do you bring in? That's always going to be the question. Oregon has a brand and an identity that Kelly crafted and refined. Helfrich was at least a part of that process and has a fairly deep understanding of it, but yes he is no Kelly.

If you bring in someone else they want to come in with their guys and their system. That moves Oregon back to another rebuilding unless you find the next guru of the speed offenses. And who fits that bill that is available and ready to take that job? The next guy from inside the program already is probably the only answer and are you really upgrading with him? It's another unknown quantity at that point.

Helfrich is going to be given quite a bit of latitude and won't be fired for just one down year because there really aren't a lot of better options unless you want to undo the whole thing and start over, which I'm fairly sure most fans (and alum) are not inclined to go for.

He is sort of in the Tedford position of still struggling to find the next big QB to take them where they need to go after their stud left for the NFL. Tedford never found his and lost his job. Helfrich obviously has more resources and access to better QB's than Cal did at that time, but how patient will they be while they keep trying to get that next big stud at QB?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OrganicSweetBurn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.