• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Cazn't wait until McCaffrey goes to the NFL.

I assume that the current avy will suffice.
Lost but looking more like the USC of old. Keep it up and you'll have a chance to get even in the CCG.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost but looking more like the USC of old. Keep it up and you'll have a chance to get even in the CCG.

Yeah, the damn offense couldn't get out of their own way. Seemed like every time they started to get a little positive momentum going, they'd get a penalty. Those are killers against a team like Stanford that doesn't make mistakes.

I do like that Helton is trying to get us back to running the football. It's not going to happen overnight because Kiffin and Sark placed so much emphasis on passing the ball. But, in the end, when USC is truly back, it'll be because we're running the ball.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ever get a chance to go to a game at Nebraska I say take it. Amazing trip other than the loss. Avoid the Runza. They will try to tell you to try it but I wasn't a fan.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the damn offense couldn't get out of their own way. Seemed like every time they started to get a little positive momentum going, they'd get a penalty. Those are killers against a team like Stanford that doesn't make mistakes.

I do like that Helton is trying to get us back to running the football. It's not going to happen overnight because Kiffin and Sark placed so much emphasis on passing the ball. But, in the end, when USC is truly back, it'll be because we're running the ball.

I think us USC fans have to be patient. Helton is a relatively young coach. Saban had years of 7 and 8 win seasons before he became Saban.
The offense had signs of getting things going but kept getting stupid penalties. I still think they have enough to win the south so lets see how it goes. After Kiffin and sark I'm ok with giving Helton some time.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for the game itself penalties were bad. losing Freeman overall not bad the other guys picked up the slack but I have to wonder about a few short yard situations if Freeman doesn't get a little better with the bigger body.
Note to Helfrich K Aiden Schnieder Vlade Award winner a kicking award for most accurate kicker. 2015 stats 67 for 67 on Xtra points. with FGs accounted for 133 points. Just sayin.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for the game itself penalties were bad. losing Freeman overall not bad the other guys picked up the slack but I have to wonder about a few short yard situations if Freeman doesn't get a little better with the bigger body.
Note to Helfrich K Aiden Schnieder Vlade Award winner a kicking award for most accurate kicker. 2015 stats 67 for 67 on Xtra points. with FGs accounted for 133 points. Just sayin.

Man... the PATs... I just don't get how you do that at that level. You got the first one, and whatever, it's an oregon thing, not the first time you guys do that, and then you try again and don't get it. Again, whatever, part of your identity and stuff, and you end up even, move on right? Why keep doing it? What could you possibly be thinking?

There were some comments at halftime in the game thread that it felt like an oregon blowout even though they were only up 6 (at that point). I didn't get that feeling at all, seemed pretty clear it was gonna be a close game from what I saw. A game in which extra points would matter... and then Helfrich is asked about it during the stupid going in at half interview, and he just tripped over his words about it and didnt seem to have justification (but again, those interviews are stupid, to be fair, but there is no justification), and then comes out and keeps doing it. The first one was just stupidly chasing points at that point, the second actually made sense, but just because they put themselves in that position with three failed prior attempts.

I'd be real pissed about it if I was an oregon fan.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also found that since Kelly started doing it no games were decided by that 1 point. no game won by 1 point where Oregon got the 2 point conversion. and only like 1 game where it was decided by 1 point at all.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also found that since Kelly started doing it no games were decided by that 1 point. no game won by 1 point where Oregon got the 2 point conversion. and only like 1 game where it was decided by 1 point at all.

When Kelly was doing it you guys were blowing people out consistantly so there was no pressure and they came easy. In a close game it's just stupid to throw away that many points.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper you only need to average success 50.1% of the time to justify doing it and you don't measure that in just one game, you do it against a whole season. They do it to put more pressure on the defense and tire them out more and to assert their offensive dominance. Get in their heads and keep them on their heels.

But... in close games against solid teams you have to use it sparingly and Helfrich blew that this week for sure. That first one was fine while they were establishing their lead. You got that point, now hold it. Force Nebraska to have to score twice or go for 2 to get even or a lead. Doing it that many times was clearly unwise. And after missing more than one doing it yet again is a real head scratcher.

At the end of the day it was two pretty good teams going at it and making for an exciting game and it was a non conference game so it doesn't hurt the ducks chances to reach the CCG at all. The sky is not falling.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, UCLA opened at -1 but the money has pushed it to Stanford-3.

@Vitamike we up for the avi bet this week?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford Oregon Washington is going to be a battle for the top spot.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just another scary stat.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, UCLA opened at -1 but the money has pushed it to Stanford-3.

@Vitamike we up for the avi bet this week?
Don't thinks so @SUBuddha. I've stated already that I have no real hope that the Bruins will do anything this season, and besides that, I can't remember the last time the Bruins even beat Stanford. No, I don't even see a cover to the Stanford -3 line but who knows.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't thinks so @SUBuddha. I've stated already that I have no real hope that the Bruins will do anything this season, and besides that, I can't remember the last time the Bruins even beat Stanford. No, I don't even see a cover to the Stanford -3 line but who knows.
Fair enough.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.
Too bad you didn't ask for an avi bet for the Rams vs Seahawks!

Not just hindsight, I would have taken that one pregame!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford Oregon Washington is going to be a battle for the top spot.
I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't end up pulling away with it. I don't think Oregon is as bad as people are pegging them to be, and I'm not entirely sold on Stanford yet either. No one really knows if the hype of UW is justified or not. We will probably look back in 4-5 weeks and laugh at the notion it was going to be a tight race. If someone held a gun to my head today I'd probably still say Stanford is the most likely to emerge, but this is college ball and funny things do happen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't end up pulling away with it. I don't think Oregon is as bad as people are pegging them to be, and I'm not entirely sold on Stanford yet either. No one really knows if the hype of UW is justified or not. We will probably look back in 4-5 weeks and laugh at the notion it was going to be a tight race. If someone held a gun to my head today I'd probably still say Stanford is the most likely to emerge, but this is college ball and funny things do happen.

I like pulling Olys chain but I never said Oregon would be bad I just said they aren't Nationally top ten good like the Chip Kelly years. I still think they are dangerous enough for the Pac with the rental. Without the rental it's Stanford and Washintons to lose ( the north). Stanford isnt as good as last year at least not right now (but good enough to beat SC) so Oregon can give them a good game and you're right we still don't know what Washington is just yet.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but even still Im not ready to fully dismiss WSU or even Cal for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.