• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me -- or are the Husky fans extremely more hilarious when their team is good????

Reading through this thread you guys made me chuckle quite a bit.

P.S. not trolling there is some funny shit up in here[/QUOTE

:dhd:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's really doesn't. Thats the best I can assume he meant, but it's not an answer. And then there's the followup, how does that make them more dangerous? I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some clarification, it's not a redundant question, it's not self explanitory...

How is a ranked team, who hasn't been left out of any PAC North discussions flying under the radar? Even if they're not getting the same hype nationally, why would that lead to them being more dangerous? If the implication is other teams will take them lightly, no they won't. With stanford, Oregon has been the team to beat in the PAC for some years now, the only way anyone's taking them lightly is if they look like shit and drop some games, if that happens, it's irrelevant to their chances of winning the North.

It wasn't just a passing comment, he's posted it a few times now, just curious what he means by it. Didn't think asking for clarification was so ridiculous, figured a guy who's only here to talk football would like the chance to expand on one of his comments.
Look, if he wants to stick to the sort of canned old school thinking about 'the radar' let him. Truth is none of that makes any difference on Saturday. UW players were wearing shirts that said "Prove it" on it during practice. They used the over the top hype as motivation and attacked it head on. Having no real expectation doesn't somehow make your team better and it shouldn't be in their heads either way. It's still one practice at a time.

The problem with high expectations doesn't come in the gametime execution. If you play well no one gives you much credit because it was expected, but if you don't they are all over you. It's the post game shit that is impacted by the hype, not the performance on the field.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if he wants to stick to the sort of canned old school thinking about 'the radar' let him. Truth is none of that makes any difference on Saturday. UW players were wearing shirts that said "Prove it" on it during practice. They used the over the top hype as motivation and attacked it head on. Having no real expectation doesn't somehow make your team better and it shouldn't be in their heads either way. It's still one practice at a time.

The problem with high expectations doesn't come in the gametime execution. If you play well no one gives you much credit because it was expected, but if you don't they are all over you. It's the post game shit that is impacted by the hype, not the performance on the field.
Kind of like scheduling a team wearing jerseys that say Alabama . And scheduling a team wearing jerseys that say Rutgers. This is why I don't buy hype. It's a long season one game does not define a team. A team is defined by the quality of their opponents. SC is going to have a lot of opportunity to prove themselves. Washington will have their first real test vs Stanford. Washington has a lot of expectations. But they also have a long way to go to prove. Whether they are worthy of the hype. Or whether the hype is the biproduct of a weak schedule.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Under the Radar." Might mean a good chance to even things with Coach P for his wins as the underdog at Boise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like scheduling a team wearing jerseys that say Alabama . And scheduling a team wearing jerseys that say Rutgers. This is why I don't buy hype. It's a long season one game does not define a team. A team is defined by the quality of their opponents. SC is going to have a lot of opportunity to prove themselves. Washington will have their first real test vs Stanford. Washington has a lot of expectations. But they also have a long way to go to prove. Whether they are worthy of the hype. Or whether the hype is the biproduct of a weak schedule.
And nothing you said has a single thing to do with my comments what so ever. Nothing in there about Oregon and their flying under the radar. Not one word. :L

No one is anointing UW for anything yet. Very easily could be a different story after conference play starts AND WE HAVE ALL SAID THAT. You just don't fucking listen very well.

Truth is SC might not be that good this year as well. Same for Oregon. Both could also have let downs, but all you want to talk about is UW's potential for disappointment, not your own team. To you, the teams you pull for are both sitting ready to take major leaps forward and the ones that look like they might be on the rise are sitting ready to have major setbacks. It's called wishful thinking.

This is college football. A team can get blown out in one week and look dominate the next even against quality opponents. Injuries define a lot of the story of the season for so many teams.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL preseason is practice. they played games but their records are 0-0
College football every game counts. WSU record is now 0-1. It wasnt practice. It wasnt scrimmage. it was a game. and Washington State lost. IF WSU runs the table and wins out and wins the conference congrats they get left out of the playoff because they lost to FCS Eastern Washington. if they won that and went 13-0 they would be in the playoff.

If WSU runs the table I won't honestly give two cents about being left out of the playoff. Baby steps, I'd give my left nut for a Rose Bowl berth this year. A meaningless game to Eastern doesn't move the needle at all since we were never a real playoff contender. All it does it prove to the athletes that they are nowhere near talented enough to just go through the motions against an inferior team. If they play like shit against Boise Community College then I'll be worried.

But Fuck Mike Leach anyways, fuck him right in his little ear.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nothing you said has a single thing to do with my comments what so ever. Nothing in there about Oregon and their flying under the radar. Not one word. :L

No one is anointing UW for anything yet. Very easily could be a different story after conference play starts AND WE HAVE ALL SAID THAT. You just don't fucking listen very well.

Truth is SC might not be that good this year as well. Same for Oregon. Both could also have let downs, but all you want to talk about is UW's potential for disappointment, not your own team. To you, the teams you pull for are both sitting ready to take major leaps forward and the ones that look like they might be on the rise are sitting ready to have major setbacks. It's called wishful thinking.

This is college football. A team can get blown out in one week and look dominate the next even against quality opponents. Injuries define a lot of the story of the season for so many teams.
Take the spot light off a team and the pressure reduces. By lowering the expectations it allows the ducks to just play football. Which makes them much more dangerous. Now that I have answered that ,maybe you can elaborate on my points. What makes Washington more than just hype at this moment in time?

The reasons I cant look at Washington as my dark horse are. It is still way too early and they have a ways to go before they play a quality opponent.They have a very weak SOS. The strongest opponents they have in the PAC are Stanford do you see the Huskies being abe to contain McCaffery? And the Ducks who have had Washington's number. With potential dangers from USC if they catch their stride. But also have a knack of playing spoiler when they have a drop off. Ask Oregon. And possibly WSU in a rivalry game.

Its way to early to get into the CFP. But with the dynamics of the other conferences. Combined with a big Houston win and ND's potential. Do you see the huskies winning a tie breaker.When the committee views SOS? Titles are not won on paper. And I just cant buy the hype without proof they are legit.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks are never under the radar these days. Give me a break. Thanks to the Nike marketing dept, they use every conceivable method possible to bring attention to themselves.

If Ducks feel under the radar, it's a mindset of their own creation after the Alamo debacle and a preseason ranking that didn't take the new Uncle Phil throne or sleep cocoons into consideration.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks are never under the radar these days. Give me a break. Thanks to the Nike marketing dept, they use every conceivable method possible to bring attention to themselves.

If Ducks feel under the radar, it's a mindset of their own creation after the Alamo debacle and a preseason ranking that didn't take the new Uncle Phil throne or sleep cocoons into consideration.
The combination of the rankings along with the decline of media coverage and hype. Have the ducks significantly under the radar imo.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the spot light off a team and the pressure reduces. By lowering the expectations it allows the ducks to just play football. Which makes them much more dangerous. Now that I have answered that ,maybe you can elaborate on my points. What makes Washington more than just hype at this moment in time?

The reasons I cant look at Washington as my dark horse are. It is still way too early and they have a ways to go before they play a quality opponent.They have a very weak SOS. The strongest opponents they have in the PAC are Stanford do you see the Huskies being abe to contain McCaffery? And the Ducks who have had Washington's number. With potential dangers from USC if they catch their stride. But also have a knack of playing spoiler when they have a drop off. Ask Oregon. And possibly WSU in a rivalry game.

Its way to early to get into the CFP. But with the dynamics of the other conferences. Combined with a big Houston win and ND's potential. Do you see the huskies winning a tie breaker.When the committee views SOS? Titles are not won on paper. And I just cant buy the hype without proof they are legit.
Are you really this big of a fucking idiot? That's a serious question.

In the very post you responded to I already said none of us are saying UW is all that and a six pack. I said we ALL KNOW things can change in a hurry. I've said repeatedly they have to go beat someone they are underdogs to on the road before I'll buy into it. I'VE SAID THAT AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES.

You really don't pay any fucking attention to anything other than your own delusions.

Show me where I've said boo about UW being a dark horse. Go ahead. There is nothing in the questions asked of you that had anything to do with UW. Not one thing, but you just can't stick to the questions asked. You ALWAYS bring up Oregon and their streak because you don't have anything from your own team to bring up.

My truth still holds true. It is just as likely Oregon and/or USC struggles as UW does. All of them might or all of them will have some level of success or some mix in the middle. That is the truth. One you can't handle, but still true.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combination of the rankings along with the decline of media coverage and hype. Have the ducks significantly under the radar imo.

Under the radar for what? A Rose bowl or playoff bid? Lack of Hype victim? They started 24th this year because that's exactly were they belong. Vegas agrees.
I'm calling a 8-4 season for them so I see nothing under the radar about the 2016 Ducks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that doesn't give any team any sort of advantage.

You are 'under the radar' because at least on paper you look like you have major flaws.

In what universe does a team that is flawed and not in the media spotlight because of it more likely to win games than one that is in the spotlight because they have less flaws? That's what they are asking you. It defies anything that resembles logic.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this big of a fucking idiot? That's a serious question.

In the very post you responded to I already said none of us are saying UW is all that and a six pack. I said we ALL KNOW things can change in a hurry. I've said repeatedly they have to go beat someone they are underdogs to on the road before I'll buy into it. I'VE SAID THAT AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES.

You really don't pay any fucking attention to anything other than your own delusions.

Show me where I've said boo about UW being a dark horse. Go ahead. There is nothing in the questions asked of you that had anything to do with UW. Not one thing, but you just can't stick to the questions asked. You ALWAYS bring up Oregon and their streak because you don't have anything from your own team to bring up.

My truth still holds true. It is just as likely Oregon and/or USC struggles as UW does. All of them might or all of them will have some level of success or some mix in the middle. That is the truth. One you can't handle, but still true.

You seem salty lol.If you cant answer my questions regarding Washington and how their weak SOS effects them........ I'll be watching the ND/Texas game . You can stick to chasing OD and the ducks around tagging people out of insecurity..Oregons streak is a pretty big deal.No different than UCLA's streak. Until those streaks are broken they hang over teams and their progression. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem salty lol.If you cant answer my questions regarding Washington and how their weak SOS effects them........ I'll be watching the ND/Texas game . You can stick to chasing OD and the ducks around tagging people out of insecurity..Oregons streak is a pretty big deal.No different than UCLA's streak. Until those streaks are broken they hang over teams and their progression. :suds:
Fail to answer things again and keep bringing up things unrelated that have nothing to do with your team or the topics at hand. Same old Clark.

I answered your question about UW. You simply didn't like the answer. And I then pointed out it still has nothing to do with this mythical radar of yours.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail to answer things again and keep bringing up things unrelated that have nothing to do with your team or the topics at hand. Same old Clark.

I answered your question about UW. You simply didn't like the answer. And I then pointed out it still has nothing to do with this mythical radar of yours.
Choses to troll whoie ND/Texas is on. Same old wiz sorry College football takes precedent over your alerts. Have fun tho. You are missing a great game 31/28 heading into the 4th :suds:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Husky fans are just relieved we didn't Coug'd it in the opener against a team we should beat after all the hype this team got by the press this offseason. A loss or nail biter would of gutted us all things considered. We played a nearly perfect game and nobody appears to got injured. Mission accomplished and we can spend the week getting ready for game 2 instead of worrying about what we saw out there.
Right now, Id give us a B+ grade for that game. A few missed tackles here and there and passes that could of been INTs, but nothing major. Browning looked great with the mid and long passes and that's a huge relief. WR and TE play was noticeably improved with our new coach. That's a big one that has me smiling today. Run game wasn't happening, but I think the game plan was to beat Rutgers with the pass. No reason to kill Gaskin out there when we got PAC play coming up and then it's time to unleash him.

Huskies played a nice complete game yesterday against a P5 opponent and that's always reason to sit back on Sunday with a smile on your face. Same can't be said for USC, UCLA, Zona, and Cougs today. All suffered bad losses in their own way.

To think that if we beat Zona, that could setup a primetime matchup of 2 top 10 ranked PAC teams on ESPN primetime at sold out Husky Stadium. How in the name of all that is holy did the network honks not make it a Saturday evening game is one of the great questions of our time. How could they not see this coming? Friday game? Seriously? WTF is wrong with these clowns. I'm sure it was to guarantee it wouldn't interfere with CGD being at a SEC location, but my god. Talk about a blown opportunity. I'm sure if you look at that Saturday's SEC schedule of matchups, you'll have your answer Tenn vs Georgia the predetermined location for CGD.
lame I have bowling league on Fridays

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choses to troll whoie ND/Texas is on. Same old wiz sorry College football takes precedent over your alerts. Have fun tho. You are missing a great game 31/28 heading into the 4th :suds:
Who's trolling? :noidea:
You can't answer questions and keep changing the topic. Same old clark.
And I guess you can only watch one game and talk about that game at the same time? I have no problem watching this incredible game while also calling BS when I see it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While never comparing Rutgers to Alabama lets not forget the future scheduling blind spot. the series was signed in 2014 Rutgers was coming off 6-7 record going into their first Big 10 season where they went 8-5 Washington was a 9 wins season but getting a new coach in Petersen. no one knew what 2016 was gonna look like for either so at the time it was a solid signing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While never comparing Rutgers to Alabama lets not forget the future scheduling blind spot. the series was signed in 2014 Rutgers was coming off 6-7 record going into their first Big 10 season where they went 8-5 Washington was a 9 wins season but getting a new coach in Petersen. no one knew what 2016 was gonna look like for either so at the time it was a solid signing.
Im not impressed with their future scheduling either. Michigan in 2020 I think? Don't really care I don't pay attention to wiz. Holy shit did you see that texas/ND game. May have been the best game of opening week end

Status
Not open for further replies.