• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for you he retired.

There are some coaches I absolutely hate. Harbaugh & Meyer are 1 & 2 for me. I also can't stand Rich Rod...which is convenient since he's at Arizona.
Harbaugh I agree with. though it wasn't as much until recently. Bob stoops is another.

Reactions: Eco

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like why is Harbaugh getting such praise when he really hasn't done much in college football? Not 1 conference title yet. never won a Pac title hasn't won it in the B1G

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh I agree with. though it wasn't as much until recently. Bob stoops is another.

Same - The attention seeker in him just really annoys the hell out of me and I hope that they fail to make a bowl game.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like why is Harbaugh getting such praise when he really hasn't done much in college football? Not 1 conference title yet. never won a Pac title hasn't won it in the B1G

I think it's because he did really well at Stanford, did great at the 49ers (went to a SB), and then last year took a bad Michigan team that was a bad punt away from going to a major bowl game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson if you see this I found out the last marvel covers if you wanna go check that thread out.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because he did really well at Stanford, did great at the 49ers (went to a SB), and then last year took a bad Michigan team that was a bad punt away from going to a major bowl game.
but still has no conference titles at the FBS level.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have anything against the arizona schools so I don't tend to hate on them much. Really can't say much against utah and colorado because neither has been in the conference long enough to really build any hate for. And I've always pulled for Oregon State, but some of that is probably sharing a common enemy. That and liking Riley when he was there. WSU is a bit more complicated. Have friends and family that went there and other reasons to not really hate them, but I'll still laugh at them when they coug it so I wouldn't say I root for them fully either.

Fuck the cali schools and all of their snobbery. I'd say fuck Oregon, but that's kind of obvious.

As with you guys, I'll pull for the teams I don't hate if I hate their opponent or their coach more, otherwise I really don't care if they win or lose as long as it doesn't hurt us.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have anything against the arizona schools so I don't tend to hate on them much. Really can't say much against utah and colorado because neither has been in the conference long enough to really build any hate for. And I've always pulled for Oregon State, but some of that is probably sharing a common enemy. That and liking Riley when he was there. WSU is a bit more complicated. Have friends and family that went there and other reasons to not really hate them, but I'll still laugh at them when they coug it so I wouldn't say I root for them fully either.

Fuck the cali schools and all of their snobbery. I'd say fuck Oregon, but that's kind of obvious.

As with you guys, I'll pull for the teams I don't hate if I hate their opponent or their coach more, otherwise I really don't care if they win or lose as long as it doesn't hurt us.
I kinda would like to see Alabama lose to USC because it would give Pac another win over SEC because of their whole conference superiority complex thing. but also take Bama down a notch for the year and hope to see a different national champion. had they not won it last year I might actually feel differntly

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda would like to see Alabama lose to USC because it would give Pac another win over SEC because of their whole conference superiority complex thing. but also take Bama down a notch for the year and hope to see a different national champion. had they not won it last year I might actually feel differntly

Well - maybe my presence here will help Bama's effect.

It's been a great few years for Bama, when I was growing up we weren't shit and while I was there we were worse than shit, so it's nice to actually be back to the days my Dad used to tell me existed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was UCLA or most any other school I might feel that way, but you have to remember that long before Oregon's recent run USC was the team to beat every year and the hatred runs very deep. I hate their fucking band and the same 5 notes they play over and over again like the chinese water torture, I hate the arrogance of their fans and even their cheerleaders, and just pretty much everything about that team/school. I'd probably take Michigan over them and I can't stand Harbaugh. I still probably hate USC more than even Oregon although I do dislike most duck fans more than USC fans these days.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was UCLA or most any other school I might feel that way, but you have to remember that long before Oregon's recent run USC was the team to beat every year and the hatred runs very deep. I hate their fucking band and the same 5 notes they play over and over again like the chinese water torture, I hate the arrogance of their fans and even their cheerleaders, and just pretty much everything about that team/school. I'd probably take Michigan over them and I can't stand Harbaugh. I still probably hate USC more than even Oregon although I do dislike most duck fans more than USC fans these days.
oh don't get me wrong I would still love to see USC fall flat and wouldn't care if they went 1-11

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what week it is tPAC?

It's Game Week!!!!

giphy.gif

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern Utah at Utah and Oregon State at Minnesota on Thursday night
Colorado State at Colorado and Kansas State at Stanford on Friday night
everyone else Saturday

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that Baker could play some offense for Washington this week? no indication as what, RB or WR. UW fans like it or no?
I don't personally. I say why risk arguably your best player like this? Is he needed on offense? I think he would be harder to replace on defense compared to filling whatever position on offense he would be going in for. and most particularly against Rutgers? they shouldn't have to do that against Rutgers.
if they had him in against Stanford, Oregon, USC I could see not pulling any punches and pulling out all the stops so I would say go for it. but Rutgers?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that Baker could play some offense for Washington this week? no indication as what, RB or WR. UW fans like it or no?
I don't personally. I say why risk arguably your best player like this? Is he needed on offense? I think he would be harder to replace on defense compared to filling whatever position on offense he would be going in for. and most particularly against Rutgers? they shouldn't have to do that against Rutgers.
if they had him in against Stanford, Oregon, USC I could see not pulling any punches and pulling out all the stops so I would say go for it. but Rutgers?
No one has any idea if they are actually going to put him in for any plays. He did take some reps in I believe the last open practice and that's all anyone knows. They have been in closed practices since and don't talk about that stuff.

I don't really have any problems with it given he wouldn't take many reps on offense if indeed he ever sees the field on that side of the ball to begin with. Coaches often experiment to see what they bring and this could be nothing more than that. They are somewhat with questions at running back and maybe they just wanted to see if he was an option if Gaskin went down or something. Maybe have a special play with him in it somewhere.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW WR Braydon Lenius suspended for the first 3 games for unspecified violations of team rules.

Lenius started in 5 games last year, but sort of sputtered at best. Not very consistent. At 6'5" and 233lbs there was hope he could develop into a solid 3rd down possession receiver, but injuries and now this have really setback his hopes of turning it around this year.

In short, it's only any kind of real loss because he needs this game experience to advance. Not having him play in 3 shitty non conference games won't mean much more to the team.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is Top Secret in that place...basically the art piece was a full size beaver player w/ the ball and about six Duck helmets coming at the Beav player from all sides...were in their head Oly.
So you are questioning why in the defensive room there is a picture of an OSU offensive player with the ball about to be tackled by 6 Oregon defenders??:stephena:

Status
Not open for further replies.