• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at my previous post according to the NCAA three days ago three PAC schools have more former and current athletes at the games than Oregon. I haven't had the time nor really want to go up and down the list to separate men and women and swimmers and basketball players or what ever. But the fact is Oregon is just another school with current or former students there . You and the other Duck make it sound like it's duck city in Rio.
AGAIN FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME STILL NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU TALKING ABOUT ALL EVENTS. NOT SWIMMING NOT FENCING NOT JUDO JUST TRACK AND FIELD

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they will claim that more of theirs are track than the others or some such irrelevant nonsense.

The fact is Stanford is the total king of these Olympics and it's not even close for second place. How impressive is it that they have more than double the number of athletes of the next highest school? That's just flat out insane. So while it's still not accurate to suggest if you are seeing a US athlete it's more likely to be a tree, it's FAR more accurate than saying Oregon. Yet as a population of the entire team they are all fractional.

Ding Ding ding ! we have a winner!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they will claim that more of theirs are track than the others or some such irrelevant nonsense.

The fact is Stanford is the total king of these Olympics and it's not even close for second place. How impressive is it that they have more than double the number of athletes of the next highest school? That's just flat out insane. So while it's still not accurate to suggest if you are seeing a US athlete it's more likely to be a tree, it's FAR more accurate than saying Oregon. Yet as a population of the entire team they are all fractional.
Because no one ever stated Oregon had the most in the games. Once it was stated Oregon had the most in track and field events then the dialogue changed to all events. but not by any Oregon fan

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW,

I quickly downloaded the full US roster from here
Meet Team USA
The sortable roster.
I copied just the track and field to another sheet and sorted by school.

All 11 of the ducks athletes are in track and field.

There doesn't appear to be any other school with anything even close. Not from any school anywhere.

However, there are a total of 129 athletes listed for all track and field. 11 is not a substantial number out of that many. So it is entirely inaccurate to suggest if you are watching track and field events that you are probably watching a duck. The odds are more than 10-1 you aren't watching a duck.

This took me all of 3 minutes to figure out. In fact, it probably took longer to type this than to research it.

tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because no one ever stated Oregon had the most in the games. Once it was stated Oregon had the most in track and field events then the dialogue changed to all events. but not by any Oregon fan

Ok sparky. If you watch the track and field at the Rio Olympics. If you see a USA athlete, what's the odds he or she is a Duck? And would that be remotely close to "pretty good chance"
Answer that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, is it football season yet? :L

Page after page of minutia slap fighting is growing really old.

When will real football talk bring some sanity back?

Got my tickets which always means we are getting close.

Bring on some games!

Football related news, we had a WR suspended and evidently is now transferring.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football related news, we had a WR suspended and evidently is now transferring.
Not related to that fight was it? Didn't picture a WR beating someone's face in.

I'm guessing it was for a different reason.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released a statement saying it wasn't. It was our speedster Priester who got booted off of Clemson's team too. So looks like Falk with again have to lead the nation in passes under 10 yards.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They released a statement saying it wasn't. It was our speedster Priester who got booted off of Clemson's team too. So looks like Falk with again have to lead the nation in passes under 10 yards.
So you probably have at least one more player that will be dismissed before the season starts.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you probably have at least one more player that will be dismissed before the season starts.

At least one, most likely two but who knows
Nothing new on it to my knowledge. Some people say it's really obvious who the dude who sucker punched the frat guy but it doesn't look clear at all to me and noone has been suspended, the PPD supposedly has 5-8 names of the guys and the only they have released is a receiver named Roach who tried to break it up.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok sparky. If you watch the track and field at the Rio Olympics. If you see a USA athlete, what's the odds he or she is a Duck? And would that be remotely close to "pretty good chance"
Answer that.
and there it is proof you don't actually read anything I say

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one, most likely two but who knows
Nothing new on it to my knowledge. Some people say it's really obvious who the dude who sucker punched the frat guy but it doesn't look clear at all to me and noone has been suspended, the PPD supposedly has 5-8 names of the guys and the only they have released is a receiver named Roach who tried to break it up.
I'm sure you won't hear anything until fall camps start at the earliest. That should be in about a week or so? :noidea: I think UW opens like next Monday or something.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it up with the people who made those lists Vita. I'm not getting into another Olympics circle jerk.

It's the fucking Olympics man. :L

I honestly couldn't care less. All I want to see is the dead bodies floating around near the swimmers. That will be neat. Anything else? Not really.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there it is proof you don't actually read anything I say

That was the statement that your Duck buddy wrote that started all this. So obviously, you're again are trying to squirm around and tailor things your liking. Both wiz and I have shown that if you see a member of the USA track and field team chances are it's not a Duck. That's the whole argument and you Ducks have been blown out of the sky.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an Olympic fact that's pretty damned cool for Trojan fan Jim....

I knew that but I didn't want Wiz head to explode with Olympic facts. lol. He's waiting for the dead body parts relay.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it up with the people who made those lists Vita.
Wiz, you posted some sort of fact with a link, and I merely replied, and you want to call it a circle jerk?

Now maybe you like circle jerks? :lol:

I just call if off season fodder.

BTW - I don't know why you even replied in the first place, if you have no real interest on the topic. :noidea:

I'll tell you what I do know, the link I posted did have the actual names of the athletes attending and your link only associated the school with a total number. TIFWIW

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the statement that your Duck buddy wrote that started all this. So obviously, you're again are trying to squirm around and tailor things your liking. Both wiz and I have shown that if you see a member of the USA track and field team chances are it's not a Duck. That's the whole argument and you Ducks have been blown out of the sky.

Because your reading comprehension has failed you I will go slow and space it out.
I never made that statement.
I only countered your numbers.
I agreed to your statement that % wise does not back up what he said.
I still only argued that while he was wrong about that, so too were you about Oregon's numbers in track and field. and Wiz showed overall athletes in the games, not Track and Field, an argument that no Duck, me, him, or any other every tried to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.