• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowing that Oregon has never gone 0-12 helps a lot.
That one stung for all of about a year or two. Maybe.

Worst choke job in the history of all bowl games just months ago? Yeah. That one's going to hurt for some time isn't it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one stung for all of about a year or two. Maybe.

Worst choke job in the history of all bowl games just months ago? Yeah. That one's going to hurt for some time isn't it.
not really. at least not for me. I'm usually over a loss about an hour later. I dont dwell on things like that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really. at least not for me. I'm usually over a loss about an hour later. I dont dwell on things like that.
So you get over losses within an hour including the worst bowl choke in all of bowl history, but think bringing up 0-12 somehow means something? :L

Great logic.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not predicting Arizona will win the south or anything like that but I do feel that Anu Solomon will put up big numbers in his junior campaign. Of course he could also get a concussion week one but if he stays healthy he will have a tremendous season. The biggest downfall of last season was injuries combined with no bye week (how the fuck does this happen?) and a horrid defense. Rich Rod finally had the ballz to can his longtime DC.

There's my monthly offseason contribution to this thread. I chose the optimistic route. BYU week one in Glendale should be fun.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon is in a "supposed" QB battle with Brandon Dawkins. The overwhelming majority believes Solomon will be the starter. I think Dawkins is one of the better backups in the nation though. Our third stringer is an underrated freshman, Khalil Tate, who was born to play in a Rich Rod offense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that, a school that's main athletic focus was on track until the 90's has way more track trophies and championships than football. What's your next revelation that water is wet?

Oregons been playing football for over 100 years. The fact that they sucked at it doesn't mean they weren't trying or do you only consider trying when Uncle Phil starts paying for everything? You wanna talk track and impress them? Then find a bunch of track enthusiasts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon is in a "supposed" QB battle with Brandon Dawkins. The overwhelming majority believes Solomon will be the starter. I think Dawkins is one of the better backups in the nation though. Our third stringer is an underrated freshman, Khalil Tate, who was born to play in a Rich Rod offense.

He looked good at times then sometimes looked like he hadn't read the playbook. Not sure what you're gonna get with him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember if you're watching any of the Rio track and field events this summer there's a good chance the US athlete is a Duck.

Georgia has more track athletes(4) than Oregon and Cal has the most representatives at the games with eight. With only three from Oregon theres a way better chance they are from another college. Three out of a hundred. Good chance? lol
As usual, you're wrong and you're bragging about not being first.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you get over losses within an hour including the worst bowl choke in all of bowl history, but think bringing up 0-12 somehow means something? :L

Great logic.
My acceptance of a loss has nothing to do with anyone else and their acceptance.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia has more track athletes(4) than Oregon and Cal has the most representatives at the games with eight. With only three from Oregon theres a way better chance they are from another college. Three out of a hundred. Good chance? lol
As usual, you're wrong and you're bragging about not being first.
Ashton Eaton, Galen Rupp, Devon Allen, Matthew Centrowitz, English Gardner, Jenna Prandini, Deajah Stevens, Ariana Washington, Sam Crouser, Cyrus Hostetler, Phyliss Francis, Jonathan Cabral, Chris Winter
and Internationally Brianne Theisen Eaton, Alexi Pappas, Carlos Trujillo. 16 current or former Oregon athletes. even minus the internal ones and Oregon still has more than 3.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ashton Eaton, Galen Rupp, Devon Allen, Matthew Centrowitz, English Gardner, Jenna Prandini, Deajah Stevens, Ariana Washington, Sam Crouser, Cyrus Hostetler, Phyliss Francis, Jonathan Cabral, Chris Winter
and Internationally Brianne Theisen Eaton, Alexi Pappas, Carlos Trujillo. 16 current or former Oregon athletes. even minus the internal ones and Oregon still has more than 3.

Off the NCAA site dated July 28th 2016. Track was what you guys were talking about so thats why I gave those numbers. So an athlete is more likely to be from Cal or Stanford or USC rather than Oregon if you're talking all sports. So wrong again.
"
Courtney Martinez | NCAA.com
Last Updated - Jul 28, 2016 15:46 EDT
Contact | Archive | RSS
For many NCAA student-athletes, dreams of Olympic medals are just within their reach.

There are 837 incoming, current and former NCAA student-athletes set to compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil, representing 91 countries and 210 NCAA member institutions across all three divisions.

Of the 837 athletes competing, 135 are current student-athletes competing in 14 sports with swimming and athletics as the most represented events with 52 and 44 athletes respectively.

RELATED: NCAA student-athletes at the 2016 Olympics

California and Georgia will each send 10 current student-athletes, the most by any university. The Bears also lead all NCAA programs with a combined 33 athletes competing in the summer games, edging out Stanford who has 32 total and Southern California with 28.

Below is the full list of names, countries and colleges that the 134 current student-athletes will represent in Rio:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the NCAA site dated July 28th 2016. Track was what you guys were talking about so thats why I gave those numbers. So an athlete is more likely to be from Cal or Stanford or USC rather than Oregon if you're talking all sports. So wrong again.
"
Courtney Martinez | NCAA.com
Last Updated - Jul 28, 2016 15:46 EDT
Contact | Archive | RSS
For many NCAA student-athletes, dreams of Olympic medals are just within their reach.

There are 837 incoming, current and former NCAA student-athletes set to compete in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil, representing 91 countries and 210 NCAA member institutions across all three divisions.

Of the 837 athletes competing, 135 are current student-athletes competing in 14 sports with swimming and athletics as the most represented events with 52 and 44 athletes respectively.

RELATED: NCAA student-athletes at the 2016 Olympics

California and Georgia will each send 10 current student-athletes, the most by any university. The Bears also lead all NCAA programs with a combined 33 athletes competing in the summer games, edging out Stanford who has 32 total and Southern California with 28.

Below is the full list of names, countries and colleges that the 134 current student-athletes will represent in Rio:
Nobody was wrong again because I wasn't claiming anything other than your numbers were wrong. and they still are. CCF was talking about track. your post is talking about everything.
my post is all track and field

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember if you're watching any of the Rio track and field events this summer there's a good chance the US athlete is a Duck.
Not this guy, he will be running for Guatemala. :L

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why I wrote internationally first. Theisen is Canadian and Pappas is Greek I believe. all three still Ducks. and CCF said that about US athletes but I was responding in general that Oregon has more than 3 that Jim said

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was wrong again because I wasn't claiming anything other than your numbers were wrong. and they still are. CCF was talking about track. your post is talking about everything.
my post is all track and field

Other schools have more TRACK athletes. Many schools have TRACK athletes. So to say that its a good chance a TRACK athlete is a DUCK. Is wrong. Three out of all the athletes competing in TRACK is not enough to say that. You do understand percentages don't you?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is wrong in what I said? A sizable portion of the US track and field team are Ducks. Sorry if you don't like facts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical internet argument. shown they were wrong so change the arguement

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is wrong in what I said? A sizable portion of the US track and field team are Ducks. Sorry if you don't like facts.
You said "Just remember if you're watching any of the Rio track and field events this summer there's a good chance the US athlete is a Duck."

141 US athletes in track and field? And how many are Ducks? Do you understand what "there's a good chance" means?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical internet argument. shown they were wrong so change the arguement

Typical Ducks. Brag about something but under further review you are totally wrong and clueless. what will you brag about now?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not predicting Arizona will win the south or anything like that but I do feel that Anu Solomon will put up big numbers in his junior campaign. Of course he could also get a concussion week one but if he stays healthy he will have a tremendous season. The biggest downfall of last season was injuries combined with no bye week (how the fuck does this happen?) and a horrid defense. Rich Rod finally had the ballz to can his longtime DC.

There's my monthly offseason contribution to this thread. I chose the optimistic route. BYU week one in Glendale should be fun.
Like the Cat's chances in the South if Solomon stays healthy. RR best coach in the PAC. I'll be at the Glendale game thanks to a generous Cat fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.