• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The statement was " if you see a USA track and field athlete, good chance it's a Duck". That's all everyone was refuting. And it was a wrong statement with over 140 track and field athletes. You're arguing something no one is arguing. And whether it's 3 ( current student athletes or 11 (including former students) it still doesn't make that statement correct.
Fine I was wrong stfu about it already, fuck. You hang on to shit like senile old dog hangs on to an old bone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since @clarkson23devils can't stay on topic in his thread devoted to his piece of shit status, I'll move it here where that sort of talk belongs.

All of us up here have been saying we aren't buying into the UW hype until we see it.

A 7-6 team from last year with still more underclassmen in key rolls than upper is suddenly the sexy pick as a dark horse playoff team. That's a hell of a leap. Mostly due to their conference leading defense still being largely in tact, the perception of the progression of both Browning and Gaskin, but mostly the media gives a lot of x-factor credit to Petersen due to what he did at BSU and I'm still not buying into his status as that elite of a power coach until he shows he can do it at this level as well.

There's a progression in teams on the rise and to reach the sort of levels some media pundits are predicting they would have to jump several in one big step. Possible sure, but it is still a tall order. I remember the James' teams of the early-mid 80's where they were dangerous and decent season records, but always seemed to struggle with games they were underdogs and/or big stage games. UW has learned how to play hard and hold games they should win, but even then have lost a couple they shouldn't, and now we are to expect they will suddenly do what they haven't done in a decade and beat high level teams both at home and on the road.

UW has a soft as hell schedule with their light OOC, but then jump both feet in the fire with Stanford and Oregon early. Win both of those and I'll believe the hype. Win one of those and I'll give credit for the forward progress. There really is no point in giving them any kind of credit until one of those two things happens.

The SC game is way too far down the road to even contemplate, more or less the match up most people seem to believe will have real meaning this year in the apple cup. I'd be happy to break down those match ups when we know a bit more about what kind of team this really is. Until then they are a mid level Pac team with a solid defense that has potential. Nothing more.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like UW for at least 9 wins though and better than last year. how much more is the to be seen part for me

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww, One whole Heisman!!

How cute.

:dhd:
Typical narrative here too.

"Say something when you win something."
*Goes out and wins something
"oh cute just 1, talk when you have 7*"

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like UW for at least 9 wins though and better than last year. how much more is the to be seen part for me
They might be favored in 9 games is the issue. They have to prove they can get the hard ones they aren't picked for. That's when they have reached the level worthy of hype. Not one minute sooner.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical narrative here too.

"Say something when you win something."
*Goes out and wins something
"oh cute just 1, talk when you have 7*"

When did I say that? I just think it's cute how you guys like to brag about your schools 1 Heisman.

It does look kinda lonely though. Would like me to see about sending OJ's Heisman over to keep it company?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Rosen nor Browning would've started for us last year over Falk, I mean he did beat you guys basically playing unconscious.

I love Falk but I think Leach loves his nuts. Leach never gave Tuel or Halliday the ability to call the plays at line like Falk did. Rosen and Browning are NFL star caliber guys, Falk is more of like a Peyton Manning where he has to beat opponents with his mind since nothing is standoutish about him
Such a selective memory wazzu.

If playing unconscious is a 61.8 QBR for Falk compared to Rosen's 78.1 QBR in that game, then I guess maybe you're on to something.....

For the most part, the defense let the Bruins down late in the season, and the WSU game was no different for Rosen as he scored the go ahead TD, pretty much single handed on an 80 yard drive, with about a minute left to play.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say that? I just think it's cute how you guys like to brag about your schools 1 Heisman.

It does look kinda lonely though. Would like me to see about sending OJ's Heisman over to keep it company?
No woulndt want it getting murdered

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might be favored in 9 games is the issue. They have to prove they can get the hard ones they aren't picked for. That's when they have reached the level worthy of hype. Not one minute sooner.

Well know plenty about UW 2016 right after Pac schedule kicks off: @Zona, Stanford, @oregon. I care about the whole season, but how we deal with that will the the judge of if the hype was remotely justified.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine I was wrong stfu about it already, fuck. You hang on to shit like senile old dog hangs on to an old bone.

Just keeping you Ducks honest. Try to keep the boasting to new Uniforms.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close the season fellas. It looks like there's Duck fans , Huskys, A Cardinal , a Bruin some Sun devils here.
How about telling a fan of another team who we should keep an eye on this season (pivotal players) and what things we should look for good and bad. I know I've yapped about the QB situation at Oregon but does this team have the same tools as the previous ones? What if anything will they do different?

at USC look at the QB spot. Then line is bringing everyone back the receivers are dangerous especially Juju. The running game should really good. If Browne (if he gets the job) can play like he's been there for three years and if the coaching staff spreads the balls especially to the never used TE then offense the should be able to score.
The defense is a question mark especially the line. Lots of new bodies. They are capable just either young or inexperienced. Look for USC to pressure the QB more now that Wilcox is gone and because the CBs should be able to handle most WRs one on one. The linebackers should be able to help put on some heat. They are young (most are true sophs). The question I have, is Cameron smith going to get even better this season? he was a true freshman and if not for a late season knee injury he would have lead the team in tackles. First year coach Clay has a really good squad. Can he get them to at least 10 wins with a brutal schedule?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot more of the pac12 faithful will be returning or at least poking their heads in before the end of the month. If we run the pick em they won't want to miss the first week.

We do need some new blood from some of the teams with few or no fans up here. Cal? Someone to keep Wallace in line, er keep him company?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a selective memory wazzu.

If playing unconscious is a 61.8 QBR for Falk compared to Rosen's 78.1 QBR in that game, then I guess maybe you're on to something.....

For the most part, the defense let the Bruins down late in the season, and the WSU game was no different for Rosen as he scored the go ahead TD, pretty much single handed on an 80 yard drive, with about a minute left to play.

I'm not really sure there is a debate that Falk was basically unconscious playing after he got knocked out. He played decent for a guy who stumbled to the bench after each series. I was very very impressed with Rosen but whoever your DC should've been fired immediately after the game cause you guys had zero right to lose to us.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close the season fellas. It looks like there's Duck fans , Huskys, A Cardinal , a Bruin some Sun devils here.
How about telling a fan of another team who we should keep an eye on this season (pivotal players) and what things we should look for good and bad. I know I've yapped about the QB situation at Oregon but does this team have the same tools as the previous ones? What if anything will they do different?

at USC look at the QB spot. Then line is bringing everyone back the receivers are dangerous especially Juju. The running game should really good. If Browne (if he gets the job) can play like he's been there for three years and if the coaching staff spreads the balls especially to the never used TE then offense the should be able to score.
The defense is a question mark especially the line. Lots of new bodies. They are capable just either young or inexperienced. Look for USC to pressure the QB more now that Wilcox is gone and because the CBs should be able to handle most WRs one on one. The linebackers should be able to help put on some heat. They are young (most are true sophs). The question I have, is Cameron smith going to get even better this season? he was a true freshman and if not for a late season knee injury he would have lead the team in tackles. First year coach Clay has a really good squad. Can he get them to at least 10 wins with a brutal schedule?
I will do it and I will talk about what I think about each position group. but Im not debating anyone anymore about QBs. We know where eachother stands on Oregons QBs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will do it and I will talk about what I think about each position group. but Im not debating anyone anymore about QBs. We know where eachother stands on Oregons QBs.

Well, we don't know who's the starter for either team yet. I can say I'm surprised Browne hasn't been named the starter . I'm hoping Darnold is just that quick to pick things up and make it a battle rather than Browne isn't up to speed despite being there three years already.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB position is both better and worse for Oregon in my opinion. I don't think either Prukop nor Jonsen will do what Adams did. but I also think they are better than Lockie and Alie. that also means I think Oregon has better depth at QB than what they had last year. hopefully it wont get past the 2 and if it does true freshman Wilson is ready.
RB is deep. Returning top 4 rushers. Freeman will be the main back but Griffin and Benoit will get plenty of touches. Brooks James will also contribute.
WR/TE is also a deep set. losing Addison and Marshall (big in 14) but Allen should be back to 14 form. He never looked the same last year. Add in some highly rated recruits. TE are 3 deep with Baylis and Mundt and Brown hopefully returning at full strength.
O line 2 starters back, 2 more with starting experience and plenty of playing time. Biggest concern is at center. Oregon didn't have a back up ready last year in the Alamo and that just as much as losing Adams hurt. the snaps were horrible and one in particular cost Oregon a TD.
Kicking Schneider won the Vlade Award last year for most accurate place kicker. it is the lesser known kicking award behind the Groza but I think it still says something about his ability.
D Line Prevot has been a solid player. Kaumatule needs to start playing up to his recruiting hype. Other projected starters have a bit of playing time but with the new scheme it is hard to know exactly how well this will go.
LB is honestly my biggest concern. Ragin had a bit of time last season and is a senior and was at media days which tells me he has stepped in to some sort of leadership role. the others are either new to the program (young or JC) or just haven't seen the field much.
DB They gave up a lot last year but Oregon has never had a great secondary. Im not sure the exact combo that will see the field my best guess is Robinson and Springs on the corners but Seisay could sneak in there. Daniels at S but Im not sure who fills that last S spot. 3 of the 4 in that secondary would be 3 of Oregon's top returning tacklers.
Punter Wheeler is average. he was ranked around 60th last year out of 128 teams with punters so yeah.
Returns Nelson will likely handle a lot Allen may be back to do so again as well. if not then Oregon still has a lot of speed in some younger guys that could step in to take returns if that's how they get on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.