• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, why do you think much of the media has the ducks pegged 3rd or 4th in the north? Why are so many almost dismissing that team given their recent history? Can't just be questions at QB given they have Freeman.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media/ AP had USC 1 in 2012. How did that work out for them?
Oregon was picked 4 in basketball by the media too and won the conference.
2015 USC to win the conference lost.
2015 Oregon to win the North Second
those 2 combined would indicate the Media picked USC to beat Oregon but in the time the played Oregon beat them.
2015 WSU picked 5th in the N finished 3rd
2015 Utah picked 5th in the S finished 2nd.

so what do I think of the media picking Oregon 3rd or 4th? not much.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And mostly I think they are more hung up on defense than on QB. defense wins championships as we are told and both UW and Stanford have proven better defenses coming out of last year.
Oregons bad defense and ? on the new scheme is leaving people hesitant to think them any better.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media/ AP had USC 1 in 2012. How did that work out for them?
Oregon was picked 4 in basketball by the media too and won the conference.
2015 USC to win the conference lost.
2015 Oregon to win the North Second
those 2 combined would indicate the Media picked USC to beat Oregon but in the time the played Oregon beat them.
2015 WSU picked 5th in the N finished 3rd
2015 Utah picked 5th in the S finished 2nd.

so what do I think of the media picking Oregon 3rd or 4th? not much.
Ok, none of that answered the question. There was no trolling in that question at all so no need to be defensive.

I simply asked what it is you think is causing them to either devalue the ducks that far, or promote the 2-3 they are picking above them. I asked for your analysis, not anal assist.

I know full well predictions don't mean shit. Never suggested it did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is simply because of defense then why do some list WSU ahead of you? I mean the cougs aren't going to be in the top half of the conference in defense. They simply try to outscore you. Kind of like Oregon, but with a shit ton more passing.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, none of that answered the question. There was no trolling in that question at all so no need to be defensive.

I simply asked what it is you think is causing them to either devalue the ducks that far, or promote the 2-3 they are picking above them. I asked for your analysis, not anal assist.

I know full well predictions don't mean shit. Never suggested it did.
Well, if everyone, that is just about everyone, is picking Washington/Stanford 1-2, what is left? #3 or lower. Rather than devaluing the Ducks, maybe they see more potential in UW and Stanford as reported by most major media. As everyone hereon has pointed out, they have been wrong often enough to question their ratings. Since forever, all PAC power has been in the North. If USC meets their potential for a change, they do have new coaching now and/or Rosen stays healthy for the Bruins, won't much matter who is the power in the North.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only asked about the north ranking, not who was going to win the conference.

I also did ask if OLY thought it was more devaluing the ducks or simply giving high praise to the other 3 teams often listed above them. And it's not just UW and Stanford. Look closer NN.

Ducks fans are felling pretty good about their team as are most fans of most of the teams at this time of year. A lot of them seem upbeat about almost all phases of the team. Which begs the questions asked.

It just does feel a bit odd to have such a mass exodus of confidence from the media for a team that has been so high up for several years. And one that wasn't horrible last year, even if they ended the season in horrible fashion.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is simply because of defense then why do some list WSU ahead of you? I mean the cougs aren't going to be in the top half of the conference in defense. They simply try to outscore you. Kind of like Oregon, but with a shit ton more passing.
Oregon's defense was a little worse than bottom half of the conference last year. I think that is likely shading predictions as well.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also did ask if OLY thought it was more devaluing the ducks or simply giving high praise to the other 3 teams often listed above them. And it's not just UW and Stanford. Look closer NN.

Ducks fans are felling pretty good about their team as are most fans of most of the teams at this time of year. A lot of them seem upbeat about almost all phases of the team. Which begs the questions asked.

It just does feel a bit odd to have such a mass exodus of confidence from the media for a team that has been so high up for several years. And one that wasn't horrible last year, even if they ended the season in horrible fashion.
outside looking in and anyone can talk up or talk down a team.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A wise position, Wiz, since a winner is a winner. They found a way to win last season with a rent-a-QB. They beat Stanford and USC and were #2 in the conference. Not likely to give it up this year. You're just worried about 13/14 in a row and you should be. No one that I know of has picked Oregon. Hell to lose that game if you're favored going in.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wise position, Wiz, since a winner is a winner. They found a way to win last season with a rent-a-QB. They beat Stanford and USC and were #2 in the conference. Not likely to give it up this year. You're just worried about 13/14 in a row and you should be. No one that I know of has picked Oregon. Hell to lose that game if you're favored going in.
You people obsess over that, not us. I asked a legit question in a thread full of nothing but trolling lately and this is all you can add.

I think the media is underestimating the ducks and wanted oly's take. He's probably the only duck around able to have a real conversation with anymore.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to pick a second away game to go to this year. Last year I went to 8 games with my away game being @ USC.

This year I plan on going to WSU for the Apple Cup, but I wanna pick one more away game to attend.

Options:
Oregon, Cal, Utah and Arizona.

Don't really have much desire to go to Utah so I can rule that out. Not sure if I'd be able to do Arizona on such short notice although that would be my first choice since I know more people in that area than any of the others with the exception of Cal. My decision is mostly predicated on how many of my friends live in the area.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people obsess over that, not us. I asked a legit question in a thread full of nothing but trolling lately and this is all you can add.

I think the media is underestimating the ducks and wanted oly's take. He's probably the only duck around able to have a real conversation with anymore.
What do you mean you people??:pissed:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to pick a second away game to go to this year. Last year I went to 8 games with my away game being @ USC.

This year I plan on going to WSU for the Apple Cup, but I wanna pick one more away game to attend.

Options:
Oregon, Cal, Utah and Arizona.

Don't really have much desire to go to Utah so I can rule that out. Not sure if I'd be able to do Arizona on such short notice although that would be my first choice since I know more people in that area than any of the others with the exception of Cal. My decision is mostly predicated on how many of my friends live in the area.
Cal game against UW gonna have that Lynch bobble head tho

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star WR Osiris St. Brown (Anahiem, CA) will be announcing his commitment this Friday. Considered one of the best WR recruits on the west coast this year. His final choices appear to be Stanford and Notre Dame. He has an older brother who plays for ND. Many lately are leaning towards a Stanford commitment from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.